Do you think BnS will be a true WoW killer?

Koter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually WoW is slowly killing itself with every new major update so there's no need to worry about what game is killing what. Just play what you like. BnS (Here in NA) still has a long way to go before it can seriously compete with other big MMO's currently dominating the West. 

Not even close.  In fact, I've been so disgusted as to how NCSoft has been regarding the bot infested cash grab that this game has become under thier management that I actually just resubbed to WoW for 6 months.  At least I know my $78 goes A LOT further there without anywhere near the issues plaguing this game.

But I still come here to keep an eye on things hoping that just maybe there will be some improvements some day.

I honestly wanted to like this game too.  The game was good during beta.

18 minutes ago, Koter said:

Or not really?

You do realise this game as been out live for over 4 years.

The game is very successful in Asia and part of Esports, but his version, hmm it is nothing like the other versions to be honest and that is apart from most of this version being broken or full of bugs and hacks. I have played CN (China) servers for around 4 years and love the game , but this version and business model personally I hate.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't switch to BNS. Botters, spammers, hackers, and unethical griefers all love BNS and flourish here. NCSoft has the best customer service, pricing, benefits and the servers run like God made them himself.

No. Even if BnS does right a lot of things WoW does wrong, WoW does right a lot of things BnS does wrong. You don't dominate a market through mediocrity.

As much as I like it, it saddens me to think BnS NA has been killing itself since launch.

If the company listened to the voices of the community or responded to tickets with a personalized answer rather than a copy and paste function like they do with Aion, might have a chance. However, with the state things are right now, no, not even close.

Long have I thought that a MMO would kill WoW, after reading a few articles on it, I mostly agree with their consensus; No MMO will ever be a WoW killer.

Because people to this day do not play WoW for the game it is (in that sense it died after Burning Crusades), but for the people who play it.

Why do more people get into League than Dota? Because more people play League. Why do more people play Angry Birds than that flash game that was made years before and is the exact same copy? Because more people play Angry Birds.

The only thing that will kill WoW is when the first generation of friends playing it will leave for other reasons than the game not being good/fun. Which should happen in about 5-10 years.

To me Wow has reach his top like 3 years ago and has been on decline since.Every time i look on the subject beside a small surge when they bring a new expansion it loose hundred of thousand of customer every quarter. Been like that since they reach 12 million subs.Last i check they were at 6.6 million and loosing 200 million in revenues for that last quarter but that was some months ago so it's possible that they are even below  that now.So technically every new game launching on the market is contributing to his decline so it's not 1 game that gonna kill it but a bunch of games.RIP WoW

13 minutes ago, Koter said:

Uhm the 7 million people subbed to world of warcraft will disagree with you.

Currently, WoW subs are at around 5 million. That's just an estimate though as Blizzard stopped reporting sub numbers as it saw a massive drop in subs half a year ago.

So yes, WoW is dwindling down, albeit at a slow pace down to it's demise.

Pretty sure its a troll post but i'll have to say it.

Comparing wow to bns is like comparing Rolling Stones with Justin Bieber. Not saying any of them suck but they are different generations and different genres . 

World of Warcraft had time to fix things and polish it to a point where like it or not...its amazingly smooth.

Can we see this from BnS? Maybe, time will tell...

Will that kill WoW? Probably not, they don't even get close to similar.

Compare WoW with Lineage 2 and BnS with Kritika online (couldn't think of anything better) and you got a fair match 

Stop obsessing over that ridiculous term, ''WoW killer''.

With it's subscriber base and elapsed time since it first started, the only one that can ever truly kill WoW is Blizzard, there will never be an MMO that will bring about a mass exodus from WoW, to the point where it'll put Blizzard in a tight spot.

To be honest, all the new MMORPGs (or maybe mobas) are WoW killers, because some wow players just swich games, everyone have a different style, i dont think everyone will come to BnS, some will go to GW2, others to BDO, others to ''insert new online game here'', and thats the only thing that will kill WoW, which ya, is basically the Time.

40 minutes ago, Koter said:

Uhm the 7 million people subbed to world of warcraft will disagree with you.

7million Pls , 3/4th dont even play wow anymore its more like WoW has 7m accounts registered to the game.

Everyone plays Leauge of Bandwagon and Guildwars or hell lets be honest the only game that might actually kill WoW is Black desert but whatever I doubt it would too but thats just a slim chance

Archived