Burn Builds VS Auto Detonate

Kelllaayyy

Eh....I hate those 24 man runs where that hippie FM has auto detonate on the boss and I'm trying to burn.  And when that happens, I'll try to burn with impact on the 5th ember stack if no inferno or short fuse, but oh no...auto detonate to the rescue!   Lower DPS ftw!

Even when I first started this game as a nab, that auto detonate path was just plain retarded to me and I am really not a number crunching guy.   If you like auto detonate, you are a hippie, and I don't like FM hippies so if I could boot you from 24 man runs, I'd do it without warning.  Haven't had a 6 man party where a FM hippie was auto detonating yet.

This is why I'm so glad I don't really do 24 man runs much more cept nightshade as I can easily just go do Brightstone dungeon for gold.  I can do 3-4x runs of that than dealing with those silly 24 man quests with those auto detonating loving fm hippies who don't want to join party to finish those quests faster.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing happen last night during BSH 6m run. I notice other fm in group is using auto detonate. I ask him and confirmed, so I switch from burn to auto detonate spec to make up for the dps loss. After 2nd boss fight, the auto detonate fm ask me to switch to burn, because I "lower" his dps by not stay in the burn spec....

I loled, leech.. learn the class....

• 2 weeks later...

Hai!

As someone stated before, if there are lots of FMs around like say Blackwyrm or now in Soul Stone plains PvP area then Auto-detonate is the way to go.

Trust me, with the number of FMs around u do not have to worry about burn buff at all just X & C and u can have 100% Burn up on the target lots lots of Dragonblaze procs and LOTS of Meteors Just make sure u spec full into Blazing beam and Meteor paths for more ember stacks. The more the stacks the better.

Also personally when im in a 6 member party using my burn build i do not use Force blast, instead, I use Impact Tier 3/Stage 2 which along side with Freeze buff Hits way harder on a frozen enemy for like 1000+ when Freeze removed + adds burn and if used on mobs it stuns/knocksback + Burn and can be used to un stealth some assassin mobs ;p , also... IF an other FM is using the same it only detonates at 5 ember stacks making sure you dont detonate them stacks earlier, so u can remove freeze with 1 safely even if target has 2 ember stacks up without removing them. Some may say.."Oh but its not on target", true but the range is 16meters and is not hard at all to hit target, u might like it if u dont use it already try it out. :-)

Is this even still a discussion? for the love of all every FMs sanity out there unspec auto detonate increase ur dps a bit and dont *cricket* other ppl off. I dont know why that was even implemented into the game when the stacks are shared between all players. blaze beam no matter what will always do more dmg this is liek the ice rain blaze beam discussion blaze beam will ALWAYS under every circumstance do more dmg. I say this all the time and ill say it again im not gonna tell u how to play the game but I can recommend some things, i dont tell u how to build or scold u for using a certain one...just dont mess up anyone elses with urs.

Every pt i get into if there is 1 or more fms i say"no auto detonate" if i see 1 ember stack disappear to that i will leave the pt dont bother explaining or nagging them anymore cause most of the time they dont listen.

Ive heard of a patch in KR that made blaze palm burn for 6s but i dont think thats even accurate if it is auto detonate all the way (maybe) but for now TAKE IT OFF (would love more info on this if its true) 

Archived