Burn Builds VS Auto Detonate

Kelllaayyy

23 hours ago, ShadowSync said:

Basically if there is 2 FM or more, you can burn enemy only with fire X and C almost all the time (or rather ALL the time). It doesn't matter whether any of them use auto-detonate or not. Of course, it will apply IF they able to see the burn duration clearly and NOT spamming X or C anytime they want.

You CAN keep the burn up but you are kidding yourself if you think the FM's are going to watch each other's cooldown and only use X and C when burn goes down.

Why are people still defending auto-detonate, it is inferior single target damage let alone group damage where it fails BIG TIME only succeeds in pissing off every other FM in the group.  It also makes you look like a complete noob and will flat out get you kicked from 4-mans if people see you using it.  Learn burning build, its been proven to be top damage in every case.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta love a couple of these posts with ppl saying they outdps other FMs with auto detonate, of course you can since burn FM lose tons of dps cause you are constantly detonating the stacks before they can press 1 to get the burn back on, not hard to dps a burn FM when you are cutting into that FMs dps output, all you are doing is hurting the group potential dps output cause you are either to lazy to keep burn up or you actually think detonate is better then burn.

On 2/23/2016 at 8:52 PM, Hongmoon said:

I just spam L(with auto detonate)/R/1(ice). Haven't seen another fm outdps me in nsh. I'm tanking bosses 100% of the time unless I come in really late, a cat aggros it, or I just decide to ease up because I don't want to tank. I don't even have awakened siren weapon or an attack diamond.

and I bet you are the type of person who starts the boss fight without the bm getting his threat generating skill off and then wonders why can't your tank hold aggro.

Ya guys not counting the burn/beam not autodetonate build was popular for a very long time before the current changes we have,that changed how fast ya can lob fire fury in an ani cancel ((these changes are very recent in korea too)) i invite ya to see how much dps you can do anicanceling while doign a detonate/burn hybrid...its so amazing i stopped the old classic build and i was a die hard fan from other build

Burn build all the way, auto detonate you are not doing as much dmg as u could but ur also hurting another FMs dps when they are burning severely its the only situation where 2 of the same class in a pt can actually hurt ur dps rather then strengthen it.

The build i use is burn+ duel drags but NOT with the furys, they are a dps loss i use the  orbit on crit hit for lb and r b however i do change it a bit depending on situation example junghado 7f i use chill stacks instead of orbits. Basic rotation is LB>RB2 with other skills mixed in like c for burn z for focus recovery i do about i would estimate 13k ish or so per rotaion crit at 396 apwr

On 2/26/2016 at 2:25 PM, LinaCrysta said:

Ya guys not counting the burn/beam not autodetonate build was popular for a very long time before the current changes we have,that changed how fast ya can lob fire fury in an ani cancel ((these changes are very recent in korea too)) i invite ya to see how much dps you can do anicanceling while doign a detonate/burn hybrid...its so amazing i stopped the old classic build and i was a die hard fan from other build

A little vague in your wording but I assume you mean auto-detonate burn build?  Not even sure what that means since you can't have 100% burn with auto-detonate.  It  makes no difference anyway, this isn't a debate anymore, it's been shown with data on KR that the burn build is significantly more damage and a thousand percent less annoying to all other FM's attacking the target.  It does nobody any good to spread false information about auto-detonate, it's bad and you will most likely be kicked from 4 man groups if you use it.

14 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

Have you tested it? i tested each extensively.doing 15% more dps w the current latest korean skill changes ((witht he new ani cancels that werent possible before))

Something is wrong with your testing or you're just making up numbers.  The math and testing has already been shown on this forum and on FM "pros" Youtube videos and auto-detonate does not even compete with ice dps let alone a 15% difference with the burn build, that's gigantic and unbelievable.

I just invite you to try.Im a number cruncher myself,and i was a avid fan of the earlier way of doing it but after someone pointing something out,and sitting for 8 hours one day ding number crunch,the numbers didnt lie,and i changed it up.Since the last update,there is a new way to anicancel that wasent being able to do well properly before.A well made detonate/burn hybrid wont get in the way of an fm with normal burn build cause ur constantly spamming dragonblaze,thus constantly re applying 5 stacks again and again. I know ya prolly wont believe me.but just try it.

6 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

I just invite you to try.Im a number cruncher myself,and i was a avid fan of the earlier way of doing it but after someone pointing something out,and sitting for 8 hours one day ding number crunch,the numbers didnt lie,and i changed it up.Since the last update,there is a new way to anicancel that wasent being able to do well properly before.A well made detonate/burn hybrid wont get in the way of an fm with normal burn build cause ur constantly spamming dragonblaze,thus constantly re applying 5 stacks again and again. I know ya prolly wont believe me.but just try it.

Argue all you want about the DPS increase. Regardless, I think it's only polite to not use auto detonate while in parties with other FMs, especially if they're using the full burn build. If you're solo FM in a group, then by all means, auto detonate to your heart's content, but doing this in multiple FM parties is a sure way to *cricket* everyone off that's using full burn. 

Funny thing is, I ran with you the other day in BSH 24 man and yes, it was frustrating. Myself and all the other FMs were blowing our C/X in a futile attempt to keep the last boss burning, but once that burning stack is gone, EVERYONE suffers, and that is a far greater DPS loss.

ofc u can gpo into "Argue all u want" i stick w my test and my numbers.as i said.a well made build that explodes stacks ((only works at 45)) always keeps 5 stacks.it dosent inferfere with other fm's/i got a buddy fm i party with hes burn build and we duo a lot.i neve rget in the way of his dps cus the 5 stacks are always there cus fury adds 5 stacks,it explodes and 1 split second later 5 more stacks are added w  dragonblaze using the new anicancel. ill leave it there if you dont wanan properly test it out its ur choice.but it works

10 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

ofc u can gpo into "Argue all u want" i stick w my test and my numbers.as i said.a well made build that explodes stacks ((only works at 45)) always keeps 5 stacks.it dosent inferfere with other fm's/i got a buddy fm i party with hes burn build and we duo a lot.i neve rget in the way of his dps cus the 5 stacks are always there cus fury adds 5 stacks,it explodes and 1 split second later 5 more stacks are added w  dragonblaze using the new anicancel. ill leave it there if you dont wanan properly test it out its ur choice.but it works

No it really doesn't, yes the 5 stacks are applied very quickly but that just makes the problem with auto-detonate worse because it means that EVERY LMB you click will auto-detonate and if another FM impacts right after it is wasted dps and sanity for that FM.  I don't trust your single FM damage numbers but I can totally see how piggy backing on other FM's ember stacks can increase your personal dps at the expense of their dps.  You will get booted from 4 mans I'm in (and it sounds like others to) if you use that build in my group.

30 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@SeroZeroes Dragonblaze does higher dmg than blazing beam.

But how exactly do you spam dragonblaze? You need 3 orb stacks, which either comes from LMB stacking obs on crit (inefficient if you went down that path) or using fire 'F', low damage.

If there some other way to gain fire orbs I'm missing here?

3 hours ago, Pimpumir said:

can you guys hare the burn builds with bns tree? or just explain more where to put points? thanks

Its all over the forum or check the top threads in BnS Dojo forums.

I auto det as frost cause I can.  Life is good.  Also stacks never last more than 1 second because every second I'm tossing another fireball to drop that 5 stack you just dragonblazed up there :D

Also while doing 6mans just uncheck the play with same class button and auto det all u want.

Short fuse puts burn on the target instantly so you can use it at start to have burn up immediatly instead of waiting for 5 ember stack & detonating them.
It also generates focus so use it when you need to regen focus.

30 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Short fuse puts burn on the target instantly so you can use it at start to have burn up immediatly instead of waiting for 5 ember stack & detonating them.
It also generates focus so use it when you need to regen focus.

Thank you so much!

Archived