Tomb of Exiles too tough for 45?

Moggie

38 minutes ago, BigJ01 said:

1. If your 45 then go get 16 Moonwater Valor stones and buy the level 45 soulshields from the NPC in Hogshead Hamlet

2. Why did you expect you could magically beat the dungeon at level 45 if you never upgraded your weapon or soulshields? Level alone doesn't give you enough stat boosts to do anything, you need gear.

3. Once you are even minimally geared you should be able to solo the dungeon at level 45 easily, just might take a while. Once you have decent gear you can just run to the bosses and kill them while ignoring mobs since they arent even dangerous.

Thanks I'll get that soul shield. And no, I didn't expect that I'd magically be able to just walk through it now, but logic would dictate that since the next step in my equipment evolution is with the materials from that dungeon, that I should go do it now. I understand that it's a party dungeon, and I understood why I couldn't clear it when I first got there. I just wanted to share that I found it surprising that even at max level it is still out of reach.

2 minutes ago, Moggie said:

Thanks I'll get that soul shield. And no, I didn't expect that I'd magically be able to just walk through it now, but logic would dictate that since the next step in my equipment evolution is with the materials from that dungeon, that I should go do it now. I understand that it's a party dungeon, and I understood why I couldn't clear it when I first got there. I just wanted to share that I found it surprising that even at max level it is still out of reach.

If you are still using weapon, soul shields and accessories pre lvl 36 then it is not surprising you cant solo Exiles.  The 36 Exile accessories will take you thru to 45 with ease but the weapon and soul shields desperately needs to be upgraded.  If you are already lvl 45 then go to where the faction dailies are done on a popular channel for your faction and farm the two bosses for the tokens to buy the shield there.  It costs 20 tokens per shield and will take around 4-5 hours to achieve if you are on a busy server where the bosses spawn fast.  Upgrading your weapon will really help you loads too.  I have soloed Exiles for a long while now and as I have upgraded my gear it has got easier and easier so you can do it :D 

Good luck and have fun :D

This thread boggles my mind, I assume you never saw the loading screens that explain how f7 (party finder) and f8 (cross-server dungeon finder) work, nor the one that explains dungeon difficulty and recommended party members.

You say you understand it's a party dungeon, but still chose to continue the game with a level 20 weapon just so you wouldn't have to party with other people in a MMO.

At this point in time, joining f8 you can just not attack following everyone else and you will clear it, its extremely fast and all bosses die under 10s.

4 hours ago, ryrich said:

Wait what? XD I didn't even know you had to do that. Just waited until it landed. Unless someone else in the area did that and I was completely oblivious haha.

Yep you have to shoot it down with the gun.  Try soloing it, it's annoying af.  Constantly getting knocked down by its feathers while trying to shoot at it god knows how many times until it falls.  Let alone you have to shoot it down 3-4 times......  It's less tedious now that I upped my evasion to 40% and those feathers rarely knock me down now but still, annoying raptor burd is annoying.

Archived