Mainly to force masters

animekitty

People if you steal aggro stop being stupid and running away from the mob, walk circles around it sure but the more you run away the longer it takes for the team to kill meaning the more damage you will take in the end. Also if you guys would all revive people when they are restoring chi it does instantly revive them so ya start doing that as a party too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi im a force master and i rarely get aggro nowdays, even if i do, kiting as u mentioned above, however on cases like last boss for bloodshade harbor, just even 1 combo from him is a huge dmg taken, which makes fms tanking not really tht acceptable, where as on widow and others, its seems ok. Lastly if fms do take over aggro, it can show on the other hand that tanks such as bm or destroyer or kfm arent tanking properly. (unskilled. not counting cat atm coz i think is buggy) In my case i have already spec my RMB and x into does not generate threat, so if i still got aggro somehow, it just shows how low my party member's dps output are, quite low dps probably.

Dear people who complain about my force master aggro that sometimes happens,

It's not my fault that I got 3250 crit rating and 1300+ crit damage when you have 1000 crit rating and 600 crit damage.

Basically it's what Inori said, other people in my groups usually do a lot less damage than I do which results in aggro even if I don't attack the first 20-30 seconds of the fight. 

Honestly FM can tank almost if not everything just fine. As someone who frequently pulls aggro on FM if you get aggro, just stand there and tank it. Use your q/e/ss/ice tab/v skills appropriately and you won't need to run around like a headless chicken. It gives tanks time to retake aggro while not wrecking the damage output of others and messing up mechanics. 

49 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Honestly FM can tank almost if not everything just fine. As someone who frequently pulls aggro on FM if you get aggro, just stand there and tank it. Use your q/e/ss/ice tab/v skills appropriately and you won't need to run around like a headless chicken. It gives tanks time to retake aggro while not wrecking the damage output of others and messing up mechanics. 

I mostly have aggro during the complete boss fight (I have no clan, so I play with random parties..). But I have my problems with Hae Mujin. How do you manage tanking him as FM? He has that Combo hit where he grabs me and Squeezes/Cuddles me to death (not literally to death, but it deals a lot of damage).

Another thing would be the two Widows. One alone works okay (not that easy though), but when both aggro me, I'm just dead.

13 minutes ago, Leyren said:

I mostly have aggro during the complete boss fight (I have no clan, so I play with random parties..). But I have my problems with Hae Mujin. How do you manage tanking him as FM? He has that Combo hit where he grabs me and Squeezes/Cuddles me to death (not literally to death, but it deals a lot of damage).

Another thing would be the two Widows. One alone works okay (not that easy though), but when both aggro me, I'm just dead.

After the pose->jump where he does said hug, he becomes ccable for the duration of that cycle. I spec my 3 for stun and quickly stun him once I dodge the jump. If you dodge the jump he won't follow up. As for widows if you have both you're kind of screwed. I find cobalt is easier to tank on fm. 

1 hour ago, Leyren said:

Don't try and dps both widows, if you only dps one of them there is no way you will get aggro on both, unless half your team dies, in which case you have bigger issues than trying to tank two bosses.

7 hours ago, animekitty said:

People if you steal aggro stop being stupid and running away from the mob, walk circles around it sure but the more you run away the longer it takes for the team to kill meaning the more damage you will take in the end. Also if you guys would all revive people when they are restoring chi it does instantly revive them so ya start doing that as a party too.

Dear KFM and BM,

Use your aggro threat skills. 

Thanks,

Everyone else. 

Im a FM and i get aggro regularly what i do is when they are using an aoe or combo i use ice armour and just sit there while my team wails on em combined with ice flower for a good few secs of the boss sitting there. I cannot take a hit and basically after my ice flower and armour are down im basically a sitting duck relying on my q e ss which with my ping dosent always end well. Some things to help the boss sit still are knockdowns and stuns which are usalyl hard to pull off but still can help a lot. Its either run and kite or die, also yea if theres a BM or KFM or even a summ i never steal aggro from them when they use their threat skills.

This game has tanks? xD

As a FM with 3.2k and 1.2k crit/critdmg, I thought i was the 'tank'. So I took the liberty to at least survive and let the others wail on the boss free or charge.

Do you know how it feels as a FM when Bloodmane grips you and the other 10 odd players can't even throw a few cc to help u out (poof 15k hp gone, of course I'm kiting him, I don't want no additional spinning automatons stacking 5 bleed on me after that). 

As a FM, I really hate got aggro, but somehow people's damage too low. I usually use only LB+F, and aggro comes to me, rediculous. I met some pro BM KFM before, they hold stable aggro with common equipments, so tip for you is practise more, be a good worrior, thats good for both of us.

Oh god, so it is not only me that has this problem as FM. I always get the aggro regardless of when i start dps'ing.  It is not that I mind tanking. but some bosses has the grip/combo attacks. one good CC should be enough to cancel it, but somehow nobody is doing that... After i receive the 15k+ dmg, suddenly everyone can use CC again =.=

Try tanking ogre at bsh 4 as FM and then tell me how does it work to stand and tank lol,or twins.

I barely go with randoms because finding good tank is like mission impossible,and it's really tiresome as FM to tank every damn boss in the game.

Just a heads up, as a FM... or any class, if you don't want aggro but you're pulling it, chill out on your DPS. Don't unload everything you possibly can or even stop offensive plays and only focus on defensive styles till someone else can pull aggro. It goes against what you want to do, which is deal as much damage as possible. But if you just control your DPS a bit better, you wont pull aggro. If you see the tank get knocked down, loosen up the DPS so he can build threat back up. Just waiting at the start isn't enough.

Burn build 410+ attack and no matter how long you give time to the idiot tanks you will always end up tanking...is pathetic....

Most people are still with some junk gear and I kinda refuse to carry every damn random out there.

It's really not easy as FM to get away while in combat stance. Especially because you are not that well trained in the melee mechanics of the bosses. Recently I started to like to put me into frozen prison the moment the boss engages me in melee as FM. It suppressed the instinct to attack, and let's the boss stay still and allows the melees to reliably hit a few full rotas on the boss. But don't blame the FM if you cannot regain aggro without that timeframe, he simply doesn't have that experience in outplaying. Yes, he can still use E and Q, but using that can be tricky as European player on the dungeon servers due to lag... no excuse, it can cuts ~0.5s of your reaction time which is <1s usually and I personally am not used to keep track of the cooldowns, reading the moves, etc.. So instead of flaming them "don't run like a rabbit", give him advices about boss melee mechanics or ask him to first try the 10s delay?

20 minutes ago, Felivath said:

Just a heads up, as a FM... or any class, if you don't want aggro but you're pulling it, chill out on your DPS. Don't unload everything you possibly can or even stop offensive plays and only focus on defensive styles till someone else can pull aggro. It goes against what you want to do, which is deal as much damage as possible. But if you just control your DPS a bit better, you wont pull aggro. If you see the tank get knocked down, loosen up the DPS so he can build threat back up. Just waiting at the start isn't enough.

No words can describe how I feel about this

Actually FM is the best started dps so if you pull boss and keep aggro don't complain about that it's all you fault. FM is rly strong actually for dps so LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS

When you tank engage the boss just slow you dps few second. 

Example for BM let him use his Blade and F and a this moment start cool DPS after 3-5 second if your BM is good you can FACEROLL your keyboard for DPS and you never take back aggro. IF you take just ICE and wait.

If KFM just let him one dps/Threat cycle and go.

NOW if you want TANK as FM it's rly simple Engage with your Burst. Burn=>Inferno=>Meteor)>LM=>2=>LB=LM=>1 ect.... and turn around the boss, learn patern and you can TANK ALL BOSS in 45 contents, even BSH and MUJIN. 

BNS is simple you just NEED TO KNOW ALL PATERN. If you Know that you can TANK everything with all class

1 hour ago, Felivath said:

I don't pull aggro too often but on the occasion it does happen I just freeze myself.  Then I'm immune to damage and not doing any damage so literally anybody else who starts attacking will get threat off me.  So yes, I agree with this.  Most times if I see the boss even looking in my general direction I'll just quietly scoot to the side and hope someone else is flashier than I am.

18 hours ago, Demiosu said:

Dear people who complain about my force master aggro that sometimes happens,

It's not my fault that I got 3250 crit rating and 1300+ crit damage when you have 1000 crit rating and 600 crit damage.

Basically it's what Inori said, other people in my groups usually do a lot less damage than I do which results in aggro even if I don't attack the first 20-30 seconds of the fight. 

How did you get 1300+ crit damage ???

daym... I normally tell people who whine when i steal agro "go to the forums and make a whiny post asking FMs to be buffed so they can facetank instead of kiting"...

Looks like you got half of it right.

Better luck next time.

Archived