Invisible Gauntlet

Raiiban

Are there any plans to introduce an invisible gauntlet skin that could be used to glamour existing gauntlets? I hate pretty much every gauntlet's appearance in this game and would rather see my Kung-Fu Master fighting barehanded as they should be.

If there's no current plans, is this something that could be floated by the devs? I think it would be a pretty nice option for KFMs.

I don't know if they have it planned, but to give you an idea of how long it COULD take, people had been asking for this type of thing for Pugilists/Monks in FFXIV for five years before they added it.

Granted in that game's case you should only count three of those years since...yeah.

8 minutes ago, kyuven said:

I don't know if they have it planned, but to give you an idea of how long it COULD take, people had been asking for this type of thing for Pugilists/Monks in FFXIV for five years before they added it.

Granted in that game's case you should only count three of those years since...yeah.

Yeah, I played Pugilist/Monk as my primary class in FFXIV and loved it, but hated the gauntlets. They added that invisible skin long after I had quit. May as well start asking now, the games already been out for years in KR, hopefully people are requesting it there too.

2 minutes ago, Raiiban said:

Yeah, I played Pugilist/Monk as my primary class in FFXIV and loved it, but hated the gauntlets. They added that invisible skin long after I had quit. May as well start asking now, the games already been out for years in KR, hopefully people are requesting it there too.

It's actually kind of interesting...from my understanding NA/EU players tend to be a LOT more vocal about things they want out of a game.

I'm not sure about Korea since...I don't live there...but I've hung out with some Japanese gamers and the mentality difference is a little like this:

NA/EU: "This game SHOULD have X."

JP: "This game doesn't have X."

It's like they air grievances, but not in the same WAY as NA/EU players. Sometimes, it's scarier. Like...death threat scary.

Just now, kyuven said:

It's actually kind of interesting...from my understanding NA/EU players tend to be a LOT more vocal about things they want out of a game.

I'm not sure about Korea since...I don't live there...but I've hung out with some Japanese gamers and the mentality difference is a little like this:

NA/EU: "This game SHOULD have X."

JP: "This game doesn't have X."

It's like they air grievances, but not in the same WAY as NA/EU players. Sometimes, it's scarier. Like...death threat scary.

Well that's just a major cultural difference. I've seen on Japanese severs people will line up nice and orderly to take turns spinning the wheels, while over here everyone crowds up on the wheel and mashes F until the person to the best ping wins. Just one example. The game's missing so many ways to protect its players from more predatory people because they simply don't have that problem in other regions as I understand.

I'm not at the point of mashing shift or caps lock and screaming "give me invisible gauntlets or give me death" yet but it would be a really awesome feature to have that I would drop a few bucks on in the cash shop without a second thought.

Archived