How do you stop Gatekeeper Slashimi?

animekitty

Spec into the second path of Vortex for deflect, then the moment before Slashimi hits you use Vortex. The timing is pretty easy in this case, but you need a good connection so you don't fail it because of lag. Alternatively, spec into parrying with lightning RMB (Bladeguard).

Out of curiosity, what can other classes do against Slashimi? BM / KFM / Des can probably just block it, BD has Vortex. Can Ass / Sum / FM do it?

I am not aware of any skills for the FM that can block/parry. He is untargetable during that time, most skills of RM are lock on. So only ground targets and self casts are possible. Only thing I could think of, might be the shield (C), but you probably want to use it during his ranged attack phase and will be on cooldown then. V and TAB can only be specced to put you to freeze instead of taking damage, but it doesn't block him. Q and E are also only useful for iframes and have no specs. Ground targets do not hit him either... so there are not many skills left for the FM. Actually ice TAB, C and V are the only "blocking" skills, but they don't actually block, but only mitigate the attack by getting "resists" which counts neither as block nor parry. So I just stand next to him wait for a melee to do the "trick". :D

28 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

FM - fire storm T3F2

True, that's the only time it says "deflect" instead of "resist". I now understand why the recommend skill trees like that one... just checked the other ones, ice C does not any melee block/resist, the others always say "resist" instead of "deflect/block/parry". Thanks for sharing, in case I need it for a strange party comp. :D I ruled that skill out, because it can't hit the enemy, either. :D

Archived