Stop failing NCSoft..

DurtyZerg

they probably get most of there gold by ripping folks off. 

however they do have power leveling service which kinda makes me laugh my ass off.  135 dollar 1-45 

it took me like 2 and a half days to hit 45 on my assassin

you can go 1-45 in 15 or so hours if you do it with a group of people, all quest drops are shared, each quest takes an average of less than a minute to complete plus travel time.

you would have to be retarded to pay for lvling in this game but apparantly a lot of suckers do. if your community supports this shit its not going to stop lol. i could see busy loaded people paying for that in aion but your just freaking lazy if you cant lvl a character in this game.

do realize there are real groups of players that know that running in a group to lvl is fast as hell, they probably are not all bots, like i have said i've been in a lvling group.    

3 minutes ago, Vau said:

they probably get most of there gold by ripping folks off. 

however they do have power leveling service which kinda makes me laugh my ass off.  135 dollar 1-45 

it took me like 2 and a half days to hit 45 on my assassin

you can go 1-45 in 15 or so hours if you do it with a group of people, all quest drops are shared, each quest takes an average of less than a minute to complete plus travel time.

you would have to be retarded to pay for lvling in this game but apparantly a lot of suckers do. if your community supports this shit its not going to stop lol. i could see busy loaded people paying for that in aion but your just freaking lazy if you cant lvl a character in this game.

do realize there are real groups of players that know that running in a group to lvl is fast as hell, they probably are not all bots, like i have said i've been in a lvling group.    

Wanna know something funny? A dedicated Let's Player could probably make that much leveling a character 1-45, completely legit.

Granted it'd take more effort, but hey they could do it.

Probably add a zero onto that too if they do it for charity.

I'll put it this way. I've been playing MMO's since the original Guild Wars and Flyff era. The only MMO where I haven't run in to bot and gold spammers is Skyforge. The only reason that game doesn't have them is because player to player trade and an auction house for items do not exist. So gold sellers can't send in the army of bots to farm up money and items and then sell them to other players, again no trade or auction house.

Believe me, I had a friend when I was playing WoW that had bought gold 1 time. He spent the next two weeks combating a hacker, until he got his authenticator. So anyone that is lazy or stupid enough to buy gold, should be banned along with the bots. Personally if I ran a game company, the first thing all players would be required to do is register with their computers Mac IP address, it's the only way hackshields actually work, is when you can IP ban that players computer. Which is why botting and hacking doesn't really exist on the Asian versions of these games. The game company requires you to register with YOUR IP address, no VPN or Proxy. Then if you bot of hack, they IP ban you and most times have you arrested, because with the IP registration, they know where you are and just inform the police there to pick you up.

If you can't trade player to player, they will sell complete accounts. Usually the lack of abusing PMs and global chats are what the spam actually prevents. Some games make interesting steps, like in EVE: you can set a fee to be paid to send you a mail (from people not on your friend list). :D Funny way to prevent bots from spamming you, because... money. :D

But back to the track... I would assume the gold sellers to use interest in BnS, because their share of profit will be significantly lowered with the new currency exchange. Last I checked they were around 30% cheaper, but I am not sure if that's a "comfortable" price for them.

On 2/16/2016 at 1:01 PM, Sorcerer21b said:

Believe me, I had a friend when I was playing WoW that had bought gold 1 time. He spent the next two weeks combating a hacker, until he got his authenticator. So anyone that is lazy or stupid enough to buy gold, should be banned along with the bots. Personally if I ran a game company, the first thing all players would be required to do is register with their computers Mac IP address, it's the only way hackshields actually work, is when you can IP ban that players computer. Which is why botting and hacking doesn't really exist on the Asian versions of these games. The game company requires you to register with YOUR IP address, no VPN or Proxy. Then if you bot of hack, they IP ban you and most times have you arrested, because with the IP registration, they know where you are and just inform the police there to pick you up.

I'm sorry but that is not true, I have played on Taiwan, Japanese and Chianese servers for years... No Mac IP Address is required to create an account on neither of their servers. I been using VPN as well to improve my ping, such as WTFast and Pingzapper with no troubles, so no. :x

Ncsoft Should charge like 1$ for creating account. Then store visa hash or information, that account was paid for.

In case of first ban just ban account, but repeated offense ban visa card, and all future visa cards of this owner if its possible.

You (ncsoft) guys for some reason run rootkit on our computers ( i mean cheat protection ), that thing has access to all hardware and drivers ,etc.

It is really that hard to make list of hardware, plus software installed. Compare that with new accounts created.

Or to send with every game installation some hidden watermark id, force them to download whole client after every ban.

You installed that drm rootkit on my pc, i agreed to this (even if it messes up my mouse drivers), then you do not make use of it.

So where is point of forcing legal users into such installation if it just sits there? I also would add that such rootkit is easily evaded, bots are proving it daily.

On 2/16/2016 at 8:12 AM, TalonShina said:

Look I hate it too. it's annoying sure, some days worse than others for the chat spammers. 

The thing is this it's a F2P game and as long as there are people buying from these gold sites they will continue to do business which means chat spamming. 

I have seen a lot of effort from NCsoft to fix the problem and while what your saying is possibly a solution it would get more backlash in the end from players. The mail system is behind a $5.00 paywall (a way to prevent the gold spammers from sending us mail, thank goodness) but you know how many people I've seen complain about that? there have been several threads claiming this is just a greedy tactic from NCsoft when it really isn't. Has anyone gotten gold spam in the mail? I know personally I haven't. 

So yes your $10.00 thing is a very possible solution but I think there are many who would just throw hate Ncsoft's way for it 

This would do nothing to stop bots, it would only *cricket* normal players off and destroy this game in the process.

Ncsoft Should charge like 1$ for creating account. Then store visa hash or information, that account was paid for.

In case of first ban just ban account, but repeated offense ban visa card, and all future visa cards of this owner if its possible.

Have you heard of this thing called "free-to-play"? Have you also heard of this trend where gold sellers steal the credit card info of their clients? And seen how a lot of bots have premium?

On 2/16/2016 at 7:47 AM, DurtyZerg said:

First off change it where people cannot use faction/global/dungeon spam unless they spend idk..10$? Would cut out the gold seller spam by like 90%. Might be considered a "restriction" on f2p but seriously if people are gonna stick to the game they will probably spend at least 10$ on something..

Doesn't work. FF14 ARR is a mo/sub game, and they still bans over 6K accounts per week for spamming and RMT. RMT uses stolen/hack accounts, they aren't crazy enough to spend their real $$.

1 hour ago, Zephan said:

This would do nothing to stop bots, it would only *cricket* normal players off and destroy this game in the process.

Have you heard of this thing called "free-to-play"? Have you also heard of this trend where gold sellers steal the credit card info of their clients? And seen how a lot of bots have premium?

Goldsellers do not steal credit card info, goldbuyers give them that info willingly when they buy gold. I would not cry much if some goldbuyers were banned in the proces, i would also say that goldbuyers are sole reason for everybody else suffering from bots. If there was no market for gold we would not have spam and fewer bots. So by all means ban "innocent" clients of goldseller.

45 minutes ago, marcnaw said:

Goldsellers do not steal credit card info, goldbuyers give them that info willingly when they buy gold. I would not cry much if some goldbuyers were banned in the proces, i would also say that goldbuyers are sole reason for everybody else suffering from bots. If there was no market for gold we would not have spam and fewer bots. So by all means ban "innocent" clients of goldseller.

Are you for real? Yes, the buyers provide their credit card info to purchase the gold, that doesn't mean it's not theft when the sellers record and keep that information and use it to buy things that the client did not agree to, such as accounts (in p2p games) or premium membership (for f2p games where it increases leveling speed) for their bots. I pray to the God I don't believe in that you aren't, and will never be, involved in any field of law.

Archived