Forums

Summoners should be banned from arena

elliv

33 minutes ago, Dreamer0526 said:

People arent reading what im posting lol, when I said he lost to summoner, its plural. HE LOST TO SUMMONERS. He not only lost to 1 dude, he lost to 112dudes which is if im not mistaking 90% summoners.

Thanks for clarifying. I had not understood that when I posted about the summoners possibly having some level of skill. (It did need clarification though... "He lost to summoner" could be read as plural or singular.)

It's not summoner that needs fixing though. What needs fixing is balance in general. Summoner does very well against many while being stomped by KFM and Dest. The solution is not nerfing it to the ground, which would result in possibly even matches with most classes while still being meat for its two counters. I was of the opinion that sum got weaker as people got more experianced, but am starting to be convinced otherwise. I just hope that it gets solved by quickly implementing level 50 which the game is balanced for.

@Dreamer: Thanks for the information regarding next patch. Doubt the game will die any time soon, been in too many games with doomsayers. Personally think the bigger threat is the bots that are beginning to infest every aspect of the game from chat, mail, dungeon parties, to pvp. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Elfae said:

That was the plan after I finished reading Zook's comment, but sure.

Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. However, you also must never ignore the players behind the class either. Jaesung is a professional Blade and Soul pvper but he is not undefeated and there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill. So please keep it in mind, just because your favorite champion lost does not mean he was treated unfairly. If you are using your hero's defeat to judge a technical flaw than you yourself are any less flaw than that error.

There, will you sleep peacefully tonight?

OK, skip wordy crap --- Imbalance he says.

3 minutes ago, elliv said:

it's not only jaesung...

Yeah... let's just drop it for now.

7 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. However, you also must never ignore the players behind the class either. Jaesung is a professional Blade and Soul pvper but he is not undefeated and there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill. So please keep it in mind, just because your favorite champion lost does not mean he was treated unfairly. If you are using your hero's defeat to judge a technical flaw than you yourself are any less flaw than that error.

How can you say in the same post that " Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. "   and then say that " there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill" .

"yes he  did bring a gun to a boxing match but there is a possibility that he still outmatched his opponent based on skill "... like dafuq is this logic ?

4 minutes ago, zibouyah said:

How can you say in the same post that " Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. "   and then say that " there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill" .

"yes he  did bring a gun to a boxing match but there is a possibility that he still outmatched his opponent based on skill "... like dafuq is this logic ?

Assuming it was an average boxing ring and both wearing gloves, and two boxers stand around 5 feet away or closer, I bet any money on the guy who does not use a gun, even if the other guy is an expert marksman. Logical enough for you?

5 minutes ago, zibouyah said:

No, don't. please don't.

Assuming it was an average boxing ring and both wearing gloves, and two boxers stand around 5 feet away or closer, I bet any money on the guy who does not use a gun. Logical enough for you?

Gosh danget.

6 minutes ago, zibouyah said:

Summoner are highly logical. 

20131005-220453-500x370.jpg

7 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Assuming it was an average boxing ring and both wearing gloves, and two boxers stand around 5 feet away or closer, I bet any money on the guy who does not use a gun, even if the other guy is an expert marksman. Logical enough for you?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure   I wonder why they dont allow weapons in boxing or any other fighting sports

1 minute ago, zibouyah said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure

Oh please, that idiot was clearly suffering severely high ping seeing how slow he swings his sword. If he would press 1 earlier, he would block and deflect the damn bullet.

3 minutes ago, zibouyah said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure   I wonder why they dont allow weapons in boxing or any other fighting sports

Sorry, we are not living in the film, and no swordsman would stand like an idiot waiting for him to take out his gun. In CQC guns are highly ineffective, unless you train SPECIFICALLY in CQC shooting, which is rare as fuuuuuuuu, worse than CQC knife combat and useless outside CQC. Knife always wins against gun when range is <5m. And a sword? With sword's reach (in this game range is almost like tachi's) gun stands no chance.

But I digress. NERF THOSE LOLICONS OR BAN THEM FROM ARENA UNTIL THEY ARE BALANCED. Soloing instances is not enough for them?

1 minute ago, Duniak said:

Sorry, we are not living in the film, and no swordsman would stand like an idiot waiting for him to take out his gun. In CQC guns are highly ineffective, unless you train SPECIFICALLY in CQC shooting, which is rare as fuuuuuuuu, worse than CQC knife combat and useless outside CQC. Knife always wins against gun when range is <5m. And a sword? With sword's reach (in this game range is almost like tachi's) gun stands no chance.

But I digress. NERF THOSE LOLICONS OR BAN THEM FROM ARENA UNTIL THEY ARE BALANCED. Soloing instances is not enough for them?

I wouldn't mind Summoners as much if they weren't so cutsey. Like with the Warlock, he's summoning a demon and casting curses and shit. If I get wrecked by a Warlock a tleas it'll look cool. Summoners have a kawaii cat that humps your head and while that's going on they fire a sunflower cannon. Really NCSoft? All these martial artists and this is the ranged pet class you have? 

3 minutes ago, Duniak said:

Yes ... we are talking about a video game ...

Just now, zibouyah said:

Yes ... we are talking about a video game ...

So you'd wait 3 seconds swinging your sword in the air seeing your enemy? No wonder you are in this thread, how can you beat summoners if you don't attack lol.

Just now, Zooks said:

I wouldn't mind Summoners as much if they weren't so cutsey. Like with the Warlock, he's summoning a demon and casting curses and shit. If I get wrecked by a Warlock a tleas it'll look cool. Summoners have a kawaii cat that humps your head and while that's going on they fire a sunflower cannon. Really NCSoft? All these martial artists and this is the ranged pet class you have? 

Both BD and SM were made to attract women. It worked, look at girl streamers lol. Difficulty is lower (because it's for women), it's cute, kawaii, has a cute cat (90% of scummoners go with "I don't know you, and I already love you! <3<3<3<3" cat (first on the left -.-). And scummoners have cute voices, cute emotes, cute dances when they shake their butts and all lolicons unzip their pants when that happens.

... I played the japanese server when warlock first came out on Jin... loved it. But I have to say that I'm pissed off at the fact that they put warlock on Lyn... and because they saw that Yun/Kun had only 2 classes at the time, they put KFM on Yun/Kun.... guess I was hoping that Yun/Kun would get warlock. Love that race and how all of her outfits look on her. -sigh-

7 minutes ago, Duniak said:

Both BD and SM were made to attract women. It worked, look at girl streamers lol. Difficulty is lower (because it's for women), it's cute, kawaii, has a cute cat (90% of scummoners go with "I don't know you, and I already love you! <3<3<3<3" cat (first on the left -.-). And scummoners have cute voices, cute emotes, cute dances when they shake their butts and all lolicons unzip their pants when that happens.

Yup the weeaboos paradise ...

2 hours ago, Zooks said:

Ha! Bet you just love the fact Lyn get warlock.

Seriously, all the people hating on Lyn race, knock the heck off. Golden rule and all that. If you don't want some guy making fun of you for being a G.I.R.L. or maybe having a weird muscle fetish, don't hate on other people's taste. Most people who play the short races don't actively try to annoy others, and those that do are typically trolls who choose the character because they know they'll get a stronger reaction. 

The worst problem are the people who think anyone who plays a Lyn is some kind of pedophile. People who like cute things, guys in particular, are typically drawn to it thanks to a natural desire to protect. It's very twisted and aggravating for such a person to be accused that way. Not that legit pedophiles don't exist and possibly even play BnS, but if they don't have a blatantly perverted name or their actions don't show it, chances are you're being an idiot.

4 hours ago, Kure said:

Ha! Bet you just love the fact Lyn get warlock.

Seriously, all the people hating on Lyn race, knock the heck off. Golden rule and all that. If you don't want some guy making fun of you for being a G.I.R.L. or maybe having a weird muscle fetish, don't hate on other people's taste. Most people who play the short races don't actively try to annoy others, and those that do are typically trolls who choose the character because they know they'll get a stronger reaction. 

The worst problem are the people who think anyone who plays a Lyn is some kind of pedophile. People who like cute things, guys in particular, are typically drawn to it thanks to a natural desire to protect. It's very twisted and aggravating for such a person to be accused that way. Not that legit pedophiles don't exist and possibly even play BnS, but if they don't have a blatantly perverted name or their actions don't show it, chances are you're being an idiot.

I don't mind Lyn as much as I mind the theme and animations of Summoner. 

I would have absolutely no problem at all with Summoners being removed from Arena until level 50.  Here are my main problems with Summoner class:

- They don't need to play thoughtfully to win.  Just live long enough until they can spam their mouse click buttons with the pet sitting on them scratching their face.

- Their big offensive skills have a vastly shorter CD than our TAB/trinket skill, makes sense.

- Playing Summoners all night (which is a chore every PvPer has to suffer through) makes you actively worse at playing other classes where timing/positioning/thought actually matter.

- Most classes have to change up their build entirely to endure a mindless, boring struggle against a Summoner.

All in all I honestly think the game would be a lot better for PvP if Summoners just didn't exist.  The class doesn't abide by hardly any of the same rules that other classes do.  They can make mistake after mistake only to have their cc, their pet cc, their damage or their 2 escape save them repeatedly.  Just a pure novice/casual class that completely throws off the balance of the game.

10 hours ago, Elfae said:

How about you stop posting for the night, or even better yet, forever?  Someone asks you what class you play, you say KFM (what a shock you deny all existence of the lv45 summoner in your profile, lol).  People quote T1 KR pros regarding the summoner class, not just one, but multiple and yet you do nothing but discredit their reputation because I suppose your opinion on this forum carries more weight than theirs.  

I'm not here to flame or troll anyone but your posts just make me bury my face in my hands.  Never seen a female summoner try so hard to make it seem like she isn't a female summoner defending her class.  At least you had the courtesy to tell us the truth about your ELO.

4 hours ago, Zooks said:

I don't mind Lyn as much as I mind the theme and animations of Summoner. 

Hmm... so like, waving the stick over your head or crying to resummon cat? Though personally don't mind, I can understand that. Really is too bad it's locked to Lyn race. Wonder if animations will change for warlock depending on race?

A question. When people say summoner gets away with making mistakes, is it the summoners fault for being able to recover from said mistake, or the other player's fault for not managing to punish the summoner for it? Would have thought mistakes potentially hurt the summoner more, as it's rather lacking in escapes.

Also, there are a few classes in most MMOs designed to be a pain in the neck. Class I played in old game had 4 means to cc on short cd and a skill which caused others to fail their skills 60% of the time. Only thing was it lacked defense. Summoner has no where near the ability to be a pain in the ass, but more survivability. People will always complain about anything they find annoying, but there's got to be a balance somewhere... Maybe just somehow making it more difficult to play.

3 hours ago, Kure said:

A question. When people say summoner gets away with making mistakes, is it the summoners fault for being able to recover from said mistake, or the other player's fault for not managing to punish the summoner for it? Would have thought mistakes potentially hurt the summoner more, as it's rather lacking in escapes.

Wut? You completely reverse whole situation. Summoner doesn't have to punish or play flawlessly. You spam and you can get away with it. Shoe, spamming is one of more efficient ways of playing this class. Other classes have to play flawlessly and can't make mistakes, summoner can. Is it scummoners' fault? Yeah, like hell it is. Wut? Escape? 10m dash, cat can CC when you get CC, crazy heals, roots that snare you, what CC? What? You need CC escapes? What for? Oh? He caught you? Don't worry, I'll just smash him with a 5m hammer that has cat paw printed on it and Daze you, then sit on your face and let scummoner spam sunflower.

Archived