EUROPE SERVERS RANT

helheim

instead of just telling US 

"no it is not true"

you could have written a bit more explaining us where are REALLY the servers we are speaking of.

it is moderation by a 12 yo?

cant we be mature enough to give right answers to wrong assumptions?

i stopped telling "BECAUSE NO" almost 15 years ago.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Shukran said:

instead of just telling US 

"no it is not true"

you could have written a bit more explaining us where are REALLY the servers we are speaking of.

it is moderation by a 12 yo?

cant we be mature enough to give right answers to wrong assumptions?

i stopped telling "BECAUSE NO" almost 15 years ago.

Take a hint, the mods do not want the community to know the complete truth. They will find ways to answer questions without giving out any solid details. And you can't accuse them of lying because they're not. They're just not speaking the truth. I find this behaviour disgusting: hiding behind a wall of half-truths, lying by omition or just ignoring the question at hand altogether.

I have read all of the mod responses. It still left me very much irritated how vague they were. you are giving out a little puzzle piece here, a another one there, but it never seems form a full image.

On 16/02/2016 at 5:28 PM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We've seen a lot of confusion around this issue, so I'll try and explain what you're seeing here.

The first thing that may surprise you is that the NA game servers are not located in Austin, Texas either, so even if you were connecting to the NA game servers (which you aren't) this is still not the location. NCSOFT uses a datacenter located in Austin, Texas and many of the IPs we use are registered there.

If you were only connecting to servers located physically in the US, there is no way you would see a ping as low as 30, or even 100.

I hope that helps!

This does not explain 300ms ping, it only diverts the attention to why we would have a normal ping in Europe if all the servers were in the US. Rethorical question which automatically prompts an answer in the reader's head and makes them question themselves.

On 16/02/2016 at 7:05 PM, Hime said:

We have been reviewing and investigating the reports of latency issues across our servers. With Blade & Soul, latency does player a role in the enjoyment and experience. Unfortunately, with an issue like latency, there isn't one cause or an easy solution as everybody experiences this issue differently. Please be ware it is a priority of ours, but not one that can be easily tackled.

Our European servers are in Frankfurt, Germany. When you are in the game world itself, from any of our European servers, you are connected to Frankfurt. Sometimes you may notice NA servers go down when EU servers are still online. However, we have many components that still connect to NA directly. That is where are login servers are located and a few other systems like Marketplace. It isn't the best system for our EU players, especially with the high traffic we've been experiencing with Blade & Soul. We are looking into see how we can adjust that to ensure a better experience for our EU players.

In short, we understand this is an issue for our players and we are investigating it.

Again, giving out a few puzzle pieces which never form a full image. Which OTHER SYSTEMS are we talking about here?

I'm glad you are investigating the issue, it would be nice to make an official statement which would ease the continent-wide tention. Something like what you have written in the mddle of this post. Preferrably with Q&A type section, example:

Q1: Are we playing on american servers?

Answer: No, all servers are physically located in Germany.

On 19/02/2016 at 5:09 PM, Lock6 said:

@Hardcastle

Hi,

What you're seeing on that website is where IPs are registered, not where servers are located. It doesn't show the location of the NA servers either.

If it was the case that players in Europe were connecting to servers in North America, no one in Europe would be getting a ping of less than 100, and this isn't what is happening.

It is true that some players are having issues with unusually high latency in cross server instances (ie Arena, Cross-Server Dungeons and Mushin's Tower, we are looking into the cause of this and it's proving to be a very complex issue.

To be clear, all EU game servers are physically located in Frankfurt, Germany.

Again, not answering questions but diverting attention. To paraphrase: "What you are seeing is not true. If it were true, it would look like this", Never giving a reason why the false image may exist in the first place.

My personal problem: high loading time for dungeon environment, though my internet is not on the low-end spectrum, huge lag spikes inside ordinary dungeons, not to mention cross-server. It is normal for me to have a ~0,5 second skill delay there. I'm not even attempting to go into the Arena with that. Something in YOUR setup must be causing this yet in the tickets you tend to blame the player more often than not. The blame shift is another personal trigger.

140 latency playing.

300+ latency in arena.

And the people say... "servers are physically in Germany".

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Genius-3692

Different connections for the same client. One of the connections to 300+ latency.

And the people say... "servers are physically in Germany".

badummtsstroll.png%3Fw%3D440%26h%3D300%2

Empowered by Zaska!

I'm sorry for not being clear in my previous post. I've spoken about my concerns but I have not formed all of them into questions. So it goes as follows:

Q1: Do you have any explanation of a ping flux ranging to 300+ ms if all the servers are to be located in Germany? Because it really seems as if we were bouncing between US and Eu servers. And please do not blame our ISP for this. I personally experience ~0,5s skill delay anywhere apart from open world. This can fluxtuate as well: no delay - 1s delay, so it's difficult to get any rhythm sometimes. What could possibly be a cause for this if not us connecting to the US servers/centre?

Q2: Hime claims that; "(...)we have many components that still connect to NA directly. That is where are login servers are located and a few other systems like Marketplace." Would you be able to clarify which systems are these exactly?

Q3: Why is there no official thread/post about this yet if the staff was already looking into this problem? A simple notofication that you were indeed aware of the issues, that they're not as simple as it may have seemed and that you are trying to find a solution to them.. A Q&A type of information might be a good idea to answer the most common questions in the matter.

It generally seems like the players' concerns are irrelevant to anyone working on this game. The support staff are giving out template answers to problems. From what I've observed the 'solutions' have rarely anything to do with the actual problem at hand. I understand forum staff may not be responsible for the support staff's actions. Forum staff gives little to no information about current major concerns. it would be nice to see informative official statements on this forum rather  than one-sentence Twitter messages.

Q4: Why does it have to take weeks before we get a mod's attention and why do you keep giving so unclear/deflecting/vague/short and simple answers? You are here to keep the forum clean but also are like a first-line response team for issues with the game. We cannot rely on the ticket support staff for this, as I've mentioned above.

tl;dr

The players deserve a clear and extensive answer in regards to the current server issues.

I've read almost all comments. First of all I gotta say if you are thinking about opening a ticket about it DON'T! Answers they gave you (don't know if I can call those "answer") will increase your frustration. You can check the image below to see my conversation with people (yes people every single answer was given by different person) from ncsoft (so called) support team. 

Before you read conversation gotta point out somethings. First of all I was so angry and became even more angry with every answer. After like 2 answers I guess I saw that this conversation won't change anything at all but wanted to keep it up to see how they'll respond things. Even after tracing 3 different IP addresses located on Frankfurt with the program they wanted me to use and got ~50 ping for all of them I still got an ... (trying to stay calm fill it yourself) answer that has nothing to do with the ticket. I've always hated game publishers' support team workers because 90% of them has no idea of what they are doing. I've even encountered support team members who doesn't even know about the game he provides support.

2nd thing is that don't judge my attitude. Not after things I've encountered which is waiting for this game about 1.5 year to come EU, buying master pack leveling to 45 asap then entering arena and... Their answers also didn't help to make my attitude better. You can think that I should have been calm no matter what or say that you'd do the same if it was you at that conversation but really whole conversation was like joke. I say "you are ignoring what I say and approach this topic as personal issue rather than server issue despite all the facts I give you" and then they say "sorry for ignoring what you say" 2 lines below they do it all over again. They even told me that I have *a lot* of packet loss. Yeah I guess 100% PL is a lot.

About that PL story, they gave me a program and IP address then wanted me to trace IP with the program. I did it for 30 mins and send them the result. Then that Asch guy started to explain me things like he knows about it a lot. Telling me about packet loss term and red bars indicating the times where I lose connection. Funny part is I had 100% PL aka those red bars were all over the place I couldn't even get single ping from the IP he gave me. I'm too lazy to install the program again and take ss but if you guys want I can upload the file here.

3rd thing is not all the things I say is true and frankly I don't care. I was telling this like "rerouting servers", "I have 80 ping minimum" etc. To be honest origin of the problem doesn't matter and I don't give a ... about it as long as it is solved and again I don't give a ... about how it's solved. Also that 80 ping thing was from resource monitoring that might be or not be true again doesn't matter as long as I have visible lag during arena which feels like NA server since I played games that has servers located at NA.

Wrapping all up, this is by far the worst publisher I've ever seen. People are going hard on companies like gameforge but honestly their biggest mistake is making a lot of servers for Europe which is already small place. So they end up with a server for each country or merge them later if they have so few players. But in the end I've never experienced bad quality about gameforge servers. This whole thing ncsoft is doing (acting as NA and EU is one  server) is so wrong. EU and NA are 2 seperate servers that should have everything seperate. I've never seen any company doing something like this before. I wish EU was given to another company. I wouldn't care which money-thirsty company would that be as long as I can play the game with the ping I should get.

Whatever talked too much here is the conversation between me and bunch of random ncsoft support team members (wonder if all of them read the messages before answering me I guess not?): http://prntscr.com/a7dquk

I can upload those 4 pingplotter files if you want. 1 is the IP they gave me and other 3 are just random IPs I found located at Frankfurt. I got 100% PL with their IP and ~50ms ping for other 3 IPs located at Frankfurt.

PS: At the moment while trying to post this message even site had problems. Good thing I made a habbit of copying long texts that I post to forums for cases like this.

• NCSOFT
27 minutes ago, Heresy said:

Q1: The most simple explanation I can give is that some players are having latency issues in instance servers (ie Arena, Dungeons, Mushin Tower), it's a complex problem and we're investigating. It's not working as intended for these players and we're trying to find out why.

As I've said before, if it was the case that players in Europe were connecting to game servers in North America then all of those players would experience this all of the time, not a small group of players some of the time.

Q2: The servers in North America that players in Europe do connect to handle services like logins and the marketplace, as they are not ping-reliant. Any time you are controlling your character you are connected to a game server in Frankfurt, Germany.

Q3: This is a good suggestion and it's something we're considering doing more, but it comes with its own problems.

Q4: I've spent about 10 minutes talking to you, and there are over 120,000 posts on English General Discussion alone. Even if all I had to do was speak to people on the forums I would still not be able to speak to everyone, as much as I would like to.

I hope this has given you a better insight into what is happening.

22 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Q1: The most simple explanation I can give is that some players are having latency issues in instance servers (ie Arena, Dungeons, Mushin Tower), it's a complex problem and we're investigating. It's not working as intended for these players and we're trying to find out why.

As I've said before, if it was the case that players in Europe were connecting to game servers in North America then all of those players would experience this all of the time, not a small group of players some of the time.

Q2: The servers in North America that players in Europe do connect to handle services like logins and the marketplace, as they are not ping-reliant. Any time you are controlling your character you are connected to a game server in Frankfurt, Germany.

Q3: This is a good suggestion and it's something we're considering doing more, but it comes with its own problems.

Q4: I've spent about 10 minutes talking to you, and there are over 120,000 posts on English General Discussion alone. Even if all I had to do was speak to people on the forums I would still not be able to speak to everyone, as much as I would like to.

I hope this has given you a better insight into what is happening.

Honestly, Lock6, you are the first forum/support staff member who actually took some time and interest in this subject. I would like to thank you for that.

The urban myth about Eu servers being located in the US came form the fact that open-world has no lag and everything else has serious lag. No one giving us any answers, treating us as incompetent fools (hello, support staff!) or just plainly ignoring the issue in general made us believe this is in fact the case. This is one of the major issues with the game, botting, gold selling/spamming and glitches being the other of the top of my head (please don't flame me for omitting something).

It is the only logical explanation as to why the lags keep happening. Until proven otherwise, I'm sure many will believe this is the case. European server IPs coming out as being american does not help.

Q2: I still feel there's more stuff coming from the other side of the Ocean that you are naming here. I'm sorry but at this moment I will not be satisfied until ALL of the US-based "systems" are named. Hime's post on that has really stuck in my head.

Q4: Prioritising is the word that needs to be used here. This is a serious issue. It does require response to ease the tension. Many players have quit the game because of this, others, including myself, would like to invest in it but are reluctant to do so because of the game issues and lack of communication from the staff. Maybe there's just too few of you.. In which case I can only sympathise with you.

EDIT: Q1: I've been experiencing these lags yet I haven't spoken out about them until now. I'm sure there are many more like myself. I was patiently waiting for an answer, come sort of communication from the staff, getting more and more irritated with there being none. What triggered me was actually mods trying to explain it to us but in fact telling us hardly anything that actually answered our questions.

Maybe simple answeres aren't the way to go. Try going extensive and clear?

@Lock6 you know what I stoped reading after 2nd answer. You take the words at question and use them at answer it's hilarious. He asks other than Hime's examples (market and login) which servers are on NA that EU players connect exactly you say market and login again -.- He asks what's the reason of high ping during arena and all your answer says is "I don't know" but I guess you are just too official to accept that you don't know instead use fancy words like "most simple explanation", "we're investigating" bla bla. I feel like at this point I'll take "hello" from an ncsoft staff as an insult after all your answers.

I know there is something not quite right, when I can log my CN account (China) and play this very same game without any of these server problems and lag issues , in Arena, open world or dungeons on CN I have the same ms/ping in every part of the game and I live in the UK so the CN servers are 5000 miles away while Frankfurt is only 600 !! LOL and to add insult to injury I get replys from NCwest OPs saying flush my DNS and check MSCONFIG ,  really !!!!!!!!!!!!, ITS NOT ON MY END OR MY ISP

Also I play many other games who also have Servers in Frankfurt and around EU and they play fine ,no issues like this game has.

On 16/2/2016 at 8:05 PM, Hime said:

Our European servers are in Frankfurt, Germany.

. However, we have many components that still connect to NA directly.

In short, we understand this is an issue for our players and we are investigating it.

You mean 80% of the game is still connecte to NA directly that why we have such crap laggy / packet loss / delay on skill ?

Who are thoses genius that designed thoses servers to affort such BAD service for EU.. Are you guys *Cricket* serious ? I'am pretty sure even amateur wouldnt make so *cricket* choices.

You are investigating, and understand its a issue ? You "understand" since more than 2 month and still nothing have changed ?

What's the *Cricket* ? What more do you need to ACT ? See all EU player quit the game because of your very bad services for EU ?

/Faceplam.

29 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

You mean 80% of the game is still connecte to NA directly that why we have such crap laggy / packet loss / delay on skill ?

Who are thoses genius that designed thoses servers to affort such BAD service for EU.. Are you guys *Cricket* serious ? I'am pretty sure even amateur wouldnt make so *cricket* choices.

You are investigating, and understand its a issue ? You "understand" since more than 2 month and still nothing have changed ?

What's the *Cricket* ? What more do you need to ACT ? See all EU player quit the game because of your very bad services for EU ?

/Faceplam.

Hyperbole much? You chose to snip apart things and pretend not to read the rest. Good job, you win one free internets, and one free comprehensive reading course. 

6 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Oh this is so wrong, "Some players"  go  at any time  in any 45lvl dungeon or  be it lobby, Mushin  and ask the party if they have lag problems :)) 99.99% of the time the answer is  yes,  for  crying out loud I have a gigabit connection, the game is installed on an SSD,  so there should be no problems from my end, all the other games works just fine for me, whats even more funny  I played  on that pirated playBNS server and go figure  they had better latency ( 80% no lag problems) than NCsoft "EU servers" .

Also  not everyone is on the forums, just make an ingame survey on "EU servers", and ask about the lag where when...  no need for rewards just ask, and you will see that this is not just for a few players but for a lot of players.  

Are you trolling us for real?!
All I can read so far is: "Were investigating; some people dont get latency issues!?(plz name those one or two persons ;)); check isp etc."-->WOW!
But the best part of all this answers is "If youd be playing on the na servers, your ping wouldnt be close to 60!" You know what - thats right!
But guess what-->were not getting a ping of 60 in the arena! Because as soon as we (clan members and some randoms i played tag matches with) enter the arena, the world ping of about 35ms changes to a different ip with a ping of 250!!
To go even further, i tried to ping servers from canada, texas, etc. from austria. My ping to texas is 145, even to canada its 130!

Luckily, were getting new outfits per day!

Its purely a joke that i need to get myself programs like wtfast or pingzapper to be able to have an atleast stable connection! Ive been playing game for quite a long time and dont get me wrong, i really like the concept of this game, but whats happening at the moment is a joke!
And btw, to all of the guys saying that their frames are 50+ @blackwyrm and stuff - link a pictures ;)!
I doubt it!

-Mods parroting 1st answear to the infinity.

Ok we get it. Eu servers exist!Yes open world is located in Frankfurt,higher ms(up to 60) in open world would be explained by botting n goldspaming.But having 300 oing in Cross server arena/dung   Cant be botting fault ,as a matter of fact there are not as close as many bots in cross server as there are in open world.
What im interested in is!; AND PLEASE @mods  explain it to me: "Why am i,meeting people from NA in cross serv?" iv engaged in conversation with people from NA so many timesin cross serv.they themself thought thats wierd as f .coz wer supposed to have ourown serv. Ok lets go with ur word that cross serv got Eu phisical servers aswell. Then my only explanation would be that there are only few Eu cross servers that get overpopulated fast and so,System is connecting further players to the somewhat empty servers from Na!
That theory would be impossible coz theres no chance that i always get connected to Na cross even at 1-6 Am.But it would be explained as me not having premium and so with low priority im getting connected to wtf serv.
Im interested what do u people think about this? Can any premium confirm this?(That hes not having constant Lag issues-Aka sometimes its all cool) 
The way i see it ,only real explanation and answears we can give by analising this togather as players. Coz mods are payed to Lie(tell half truths).

Ps: Sorry for my english.

18 minutes ago, Wickysmall said:

Wish I screened that post where a mod clearly stated that servers where PHYSICALLY located in Texas for NA ...

Then you read it's just where the IP is registered lol

236.jpg

The servers for NA are physically located in Texas.  Just not the same city where the IP is registered.  Texas is a big place, y'know?

Today I tried making a character on EU usually i play on NA with friends, im from EU, noticed that i have the same ping no matter which server i take. Besides from that people on windstride are leaving so are all the other EU servers. It seems we should get ready for merge or maybe fix the server issues. This is serious playerbase are dropping from both sides. We need action now!!!

I told you this once i will tell you this once more bcs you still can't get it:

THERE ARE MANY PPL THAT DON'T HAVE ANY LAGS IN ARENA AND ARE CONNECTING FROM EU.

I'm connecting from poland and still have no lags.

Ofc if some have lags and ping problems that aren't related to their ISP than developer should do everything in their might to fix it or many of these ppl will leave... still it's not the case of no EU servers or us connecting to US servers.

7 hours ago, GnatB said:

The servers for NA are physically located in Texas.  Just not the same city where the IP is registered.  Texas is a big place, y'know?

"The first thing that may surprise you is that the NA game servers are not located in Austin, Texas either, so even if you were connecting to the NA game servers (which you aren't) this is still not the location. NCSOFT uses a datacenter located in Austin, Texas and many of the IPs we use are registered there. " (Lock6)

It's ok, reading is hard I get it :D

Now go back to your cave Troll.

Archived