EUROPE SERVERS RANT

helheim

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to even talk about this, as you heard ''some'' things server side are located in NA, even for EU people. They won't change this, they can save money this way, why would they not. Honestly everyone should gtfo and go play TW servers with wtfast, would get same result with more content lol

7 hours ago, WhiteCrow said:

No reason to even talk about this, as you heard ''some'' things server side are located in NA, even for EU people. They won't change this, they can save money this way, why would they not. Honestly everyone should gtfo and go play TW servers with wtfast, would get same result with more content lol

If they know their choice to save money negatively impacts the performance of the game in the EU region at the cost of the experience of players they might reconsider it and look for a solution.

If no one talked about it, they would have no reason to suspect something is wrong and change nothing.

Same thing here, open world is really great in terms of ping but if I try to kill Junghado or do arena >> horrible. At Junghado I press a key and mostly 300 to 500ms later i get a response, ridiculous! I'm playin a kfm and my 3rf combo works fine in owpvp but in arena its completely impossible to hit a combo anyway, also what i notice is that my q and e doesn't work although I am standing IN my opponent if we both are moving. Triple kick is never successful if my opponent is moving. This is awful...

I'm playing on Starfall Crater and 50% of my time in game is almost unplayable. Forget about Premium, got it -> Still laggy as hell and i got pretty good connection no problem with other games, streams etc. A while ago when I was playing Dragon Nest on US servers I got similiar experience. I want to believe that servers are in EU but maybe that "few systems" located in US are pulling us down?

1 hour ago, koopa1338 said:

Same thing here, open world is really great in terms of ping but if I try to kill Junghado or do arena >> horrible. At Junghado I press a key and mostly 300 to 500ms later i get a response, ridiculous! I'm playin a kfm and my 3rf combo works fine in owpvp but in arena its completely impossible to hit a combo anyway, also what i notice is that my q and e doesn't work although I am standing IN my opponent if we both are moving. Triple kick is never successful if my opponent is moving. This is awful...

i know what you mean . 70% of the time you cannot land tripple kick , even if you are facing the enemy.

on top of that there is this thing with kung fu , that most other melees dont have. your character completely stops during "2" and "f"   , which makes it even more frustrating because of positioning and the lag , thus you cannot do 3rf ani cancel in any shape or form , and practically every melee can kite you and you still wont be able to hit them 

im now forced to spam shin kick instead of 3rf because of this , and guess what i cannot pass 1800 rating , its like this is my cap , its either i do 3rf or just stay like this.

i lost every single match versus kfms that execute 3rf , they just destroy me .

I won't let this thread die and neither one of you guys should. Honestly I feel sorry for all europeans that actually put money in this game cause they did not get what they thought they will. Me myself did not put a cent in it yet,and I will not untill things get better with ''OUR EU SERVERS!'' !

Honestly,everything sounded to good to be true for me while i was watching their YT videos prerelease,and I was smart and decided to 1st check is it worth supporting or not. At this time it is not! Our marketplace is always bugged,cross-server arena-dungeons ping is insane,we get mainentances during the freakin daytime when most of us actually want and have time to play,and on top of that we have bots everywhere that destabilise server economy,server crashes and unexplained lag issues even in open world from time to time.

I don't know,but seems to me only way they would actually do something about the problems we have is if everyone just stops investing money in their game.

p.s. I forgot to add stupid launcher gets bugged all the time!

I actually did buy some NCoins, but not big of a deal. Wolfster is right, if i watch some stream of KR Version, i see:

1. Better and pretty launcher

2. Ingame functions and plugins (Messenger) that has nothing to do with content (why not in our client?)

3. absolutely no lag issues

4. overall better client performance

It's like they said: "Hey KR, we need client for west region!" and they said "Oh wait I've got this pre alpha client, we can recycle it!"

Pls guys, don't invest money, they won't take that money to make client or server performance better! We have to make our voice heard...

34 minutes ago, SoraChu said:

NCSoft treats EU customers as second class customers. Because to NCSoft we are just not worth it.

And this is completely fine. They are a business and they want to gain as much as possible by investing as little as possible (that's how a business work). And yea, Europe can't come even close to NA when in comes to money spent in gaming. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

LE: just to eliminate any rant, I'm european playing on EU servers and have nothing to do with NA

You know what you should do instead of ranting if it's so bad join russian server 5 character slots i'm in canada and latency  to russian is between 130 and 140ms so if you are in europe it should be quite minimal. Haven't seen any downtime for maintenance yet oh and client is almost  100% English if you install it when you launch the game.You get asian voice with English subtitles  at the bottom.The evolving system is a bit different but it's workable. You got a much better chance that NcSoft would change things if they see most eu servers with low population.Of course they might also say ok too much work and give eu servers to gameforge,prosieben or innova.

15 hours ago, WhiteCrow said:

*shrug*  I'd assume forums for WoW are hosted in NA.  Shouldn't stop me from playing (and having a good experience) in the game on EU servers.  Assuming the one dev post I read was actually accurate, and it is only login server and web based stuff that's all hosted in NA.

Admittedly, that doesn't explain the apparent issues with Arena & Mushin tower.  It's possible/probably there's some flaw in their architecture that access to the login server/web based stuff is required during Arena/Mushin?  That, or people are just misinterpreting the ping.  (i.e. maybe some element of the UI is "web based stuff" that's getting information from NA servers, but doesn't actually have anything to do with gameplay performance)

(edit:  Haven't really done any PvP, but maybe there's some sort of Rank or something element in Arena that's being updated from the NA servers.  If your rank update is 20th of a second slower than somebody in NA that really isn't going affect anything.)

I can confirm this issue. ping is good in OW but simply horrendous in arena.

It's quite obviously a problem with the server infrastructure since when pinging the servers I got steady 14ms but playing on the server I get 30-400 depending on if I'm in arena or in open world. The delta latency between the ping command the actual playing is the time the servers need to deal with my input, and since that time differs on OW and arena it is safe to say that there are infrastructure problems, either the arena servers are underdimensioned or the network setup is bad in some other way.

I bought the master's pack in hope that I would be playing this game for quite some time. But with the current state I don't see myself spending any more money on this since PVP was a huge draw for me and it's simply unplayable.

On 2/16/2016 at 11:58 AM, Bartas said:

Believe me, Premium users also have lag/latency/high ping/whatever. Maybe, just maybe Premium (paying users) can afford WTFast or something similar and have problem solved to some extent. 

I use WTFast just because I cannot play this game without it and I mean it. This pisses me off coz in addition to monthly membership fee I need to pay for additional services too. Never ever in my gaming experience (15+ years) I had to use such means to be able to play a game. Even when I played B&S on CN or RU servers I had absolutely no problems with latency or high ping. 

don't make me laugh at you for using wtfast its all in your head dude if you think u can play the game with it

Actually for me it makes a massive difference. Without it I just have a slideshow every time I engage into a fight (and before you start it, no, it is not my bad computer, crappy provider, potato CPU or L2Pnoob issue). The vid you posted... I couldn't care less about some retard who cannot configure his software properly, his fault he got his WTFast  from steam.

Maybe if I have time I make a vid to compare with and without WTFast gameplay. Still this topic is about bad NCsoft services not WTFast.

On 16.2.2016 at 5:36 PM, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with lag.

The EU game servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. If you are experiencing severe latency we recommend you contact our Customer Support who will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Fact is, NCSoft is *cricket*ing around with you and they are scamming you.

My location is close to Frankfurt. I dont connect to a server there.

When I am inside the arena, all servers I am connected with are located in the USA.

@ the community: you can check it yourself following these steps:

Enter the arena, tab out to desktop.

<Windows key + r> cmd <enter>

at the command prompt box type:

netstat -an <enter>

this lists your active connections

copy the IPs of your active connections

paste em at the website

https://www.iplocation.net/

EU servers at frankfurt? not in my case. Dont make me laugh. Do you really think you get away with that that easily, NCsoft?

• NCSOFT

@Hardcastle

Hi,

What you're seeing on that website is where IPs are registered, not where servers are located. It doesn't show the location of the NA servers either.

If it was the case that players in Europe were connecting to servers in North America, no one in Europe would be getting a ping of less than 100, and this isn't what is happening.

It is true that some players are having issues with unusually high latency in cross server instances (ie Arena, Cross-Server Dungeons and Mushin's Tower, we are looking into the cause of this and it's proving to be a very complex issue.

To be clear, all EU game servers are physically located in Frankfurt, Germany.

32 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

What you're seeing on that website is where IPs are registered, not where servers are located. It doesn't show the location of the NA servers either.

Are you telling me now you register an IP inside the USA, but put the server using that IP in a servercenter at Frankfurt and expect players to get a good routing to that server with their European ISPs (which expect that server to be inside the USA)?

• NCSOFT
16 minutes ago, Hardcastle said:

Are you telling me now you register an IP inside the USA, but put the server using that IP in a servercenter at Frankfurt and expect players to get a good routing to that server with their European ISPs (which expect that server to be inside the USA)?

No, your ISP is not confused by this data.

On 2016-02-18 at 7:29 AM, MrPanCakeZ said:

don't make me laugh at you for using wtfast its all in your head dude if you think u can play the game with it

I always laugh when people say "lol wtfast does nothing"...

WTFast helped GREATLY when I played on Taiwan. You can come up with whatever technical blahblah you want, it worked.  I have ~1-2second delay on all my actions without WTFast, whereas I only get ~0.3sec delay with it. It's VERY noticeable. Made Taiwan go from Unplayable to Playable.

How about constant disconnects on the loadings? I can't be the only one, i constantly get this since day one, just got my 4th today right now, this is unplayable and never happened on any of the servers i played this game before not even the RU server which isn't even official...

okay this is getting ridiculous. playing with 300 ms in arenas IS unacceptable , we have a PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME ONLY ITS NOT MY INTERNET SORRY .

Do we actually have europe servers ? 

Only people that are not premium have delay  ? premium ppl dont complain as much as free users

It's ridiculous and pvp is totally unplayable because of the lags/crashing. We are ALL having it, not just nonpremium members. It is that bad im currently thinking to look up some other game to play and spend my money till this problem is sorted out, CLEARLY that server can't handle this much ppl. At least they could change the arena server somewhere else so ppl could enjoy this game for what it's meant for (HOX HOX Lock6, you could suggest that to higher ups).

Archived