EUROPE SERVERS RANT

helheim

3 minutes ago, Err0rC0deX said:

Battleping and WTFast are just like what razer is to computer peripherals, its the same thing but made pretty to appeal to gamers. Their just VPN's services with a well done marketing since so many ppl seem to buy into it hoping a third party can magically fix things.

maybe its what you say,but in aion battleping helped me alot

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT
3 minutes ago, Err0rC0deX said:

Back on topic at lock6 can we get the "stat net" option enabled in like settings so we can see the unreal engine ping just like we can see the fps this already in the engine and don't think it would hurt anyone having it.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll be sure to pass it along.

I understand there is confusion and anxiety around this issue so we do want to alleviate this worry for players.

2 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We've seen a lot of confusion around this issue, so I'll try and explain what you're seeing here.

The first thing that may surprise you is that the NA game servers are not located in Austin, Texas either, so even if you were connecting to the NA game servers (which you aren't) this is still not the location. NCSOFT uses a datacenter located in Austin, Texas and many of the IPs we use are registered there.

If you were only connecting to servers located physically in the US, there is no way you would see a ping as low as 30, or even 100.

I hope that helps!

I live in Sweden, known for having very good internet connections. You claim the EU server is located in Germany.

In other games, when downloading, when interacting with German servers in any way I get down to 5-10 ping.

It's resonable to say that given poor optimization/heavy load/whatever that I'd be playing this game with 30-50 ping on a German server.
I'm not seeing this in Mushin tower. I have to wait for skills to happen. I have a unsatisfying delay when I try to kill the bosses.

Let's disregard that the extra stuff (char data, guild, crafting, market...) and focus on the instance I'm in (Mushin atm).

Why is it lagging? Why is there such delay if the server is in Europe, less than 400km away from me (250 miles? for plebs)?

IF however my connection is routed to your datacenter in NA and then back to EU, I can understand why I have both latency issues and uneven delay.

In addition to this, even if I check my IP online, none of the services identify my origin as other than Swedish ISP.

If I play CS:GO on NA servers I'll be sitting on 100-150 ping, which feels just as sluggish as Mushin Tower feels right now.

I hope you understand my confusion about all of this.

Aside from the problem of staggering base latency in arenas, whichever server you are on there is a huge amount of jitter covering a huge range. Personally I get 26 manually pinging EU servers, when playing 30-100 wildly swinging world server latency. Arena can be anywhere from 80 in the lobby to 240+ in an actual fight.

There seems to be a massive problem with stability of server connections, not their possible, on paper best case momentary latency.

Rest assured in Arena on NA our ping spikes as well..normally i have 16-13 ping but in arena oh boy do i get bad spikes! 80-100+  

I dont know what theyre doing but...many people are upset.. we just want answers! Theyre not even posting this arena lag in the known issues section giving off the air that they clearly dont give two hoots about their playerbase and their concerns.

27 minutes ago, Alluring said:

Rest assured in Arena on NA our ping spikes as well..normally i have 16-13 ping but in arena oh boy do i get bad spikes! 80-100+  

I dont know what theyre doing but...many people are upset.. we just want answers! Theyre not even posting this arena lag in the known issues section giving off the air that they clearly dont give two hoots about their playerbase and their concerns.

Sounds pretty good to me, 80-100ms is my open world ping, the lowest I have seen in arena is 200ms and that was at 6am, in the evening even 300ms would be a good ping in arena. (from the UK myself)

Just now, Azseri said:

Sounds pretty good to me, 80-100ms is my open world ping, the lowest I have seen in arena is 200ms and that was at 6am, in the evening even 300ms would be a good ping in arena.

you say that but when your skills get delayed 1-5 seconds or just dont go off at all..ruins it for anyone who wants to play arena. Everyone looked forward to having good ping and now we dont have that.

Dont know man, normally im literally all the time with the same ms (on open world below 40 ms and in arena as max 60 ms normally on crowded times at weekends) but nothing above 100 ms, unless the server spikes. Either way I understand that you are fustrated with that, but you should consider that it can be an issue from your side (not saying literally about you, but your net provider or just the country/area with issues to the server) At least thats my opinion, personally i dont have any issue and trust me i dont have the best connection of the world ^^

@Lock6 Hi there NCsoft Mod - big fan - now to the topic at hand.

I see your statement about location of the EU gameservers and raise you this german tracert from just now:

Hc9HZxw.jpg

most interesting are the positions 6 and 7.

Position 6 is located in Germany, weirdly my IP location tools report multiple locations for the IP ( Dortmund - North Rhine-westphalia || Hannover - Lower Saxony )

Position 7 is located in the US of A:

8mirtfO.jpg

I don't even want to know why all other ICMP responses of the traceroute did run into a timeout...

Oh the same result happens with an TCPtraceroute tool, if your tech-guys are dismissing my queries. 

Fact is, my packages to your european game servers (IPv4 206.127.149.9 - 206.127.149.14 tested)  are routed across the pond for god knows why reasons and there is most likely packet loss happening...

It's freaking ridiculous that we have to deal with this. No matter how much you repeat your explanation about the connection to NA and the location of the EU servers fact is that a ton of us are having lag issues that make it unplayable and ruin the game experience. I am starting to think that this is indeed just a cash grab and no one actually cares about the quality of service. I honestly love the game but at the moment it feels like it was a waste of money to try and support it. On top of it all, if you pull out your wallet and use WTFast (which actually helped me) so that you actually achieve some level of decent response from your character, you can get wrongly banned and then have to wait 1-2 days for the ban to be removed! 

I quite honestly don't care about cosmetics, rng boxes, balance or new content for the time being. All I want is an official response, acknowledgment of the issue. Many of us paid for a service we are almost unable to enjoy and we're getting screwed over. It's just ridiculous...

• NCSOFT

We have been reviewing and investigating the reports of latency issues across our servers. With Blade & Soul, latency does player a role in the enjoyment and experience. Unfortunately, with an issue like latency, there isn't one cause or an easy solution as everybody experiences this issue differently. Please be ware it is a priority of ours, but not one that can be easily tackled.

Our European servers are in Frankfurt, Germany. When you are in the game world itself, from any of our European servers, you are connected to Frankfurt. Sometimes you may notice NA servers go down when EU servers are still online. However, we have many components that still connect to NA directly. That is where are login servers are located and a few other systems like Marketplace. It isn't the best system for our EU players, especially with the high traffic we've been experiencing with Blade & Soul. We are looking into see how we can adjust that to ensure a better experience for our EU players.

In short, we understand this is an issue for our players and we are investigating it.

I live 200km from Frankfurt. I have a fiberglass connection with 200mb up and down. Openworld i have ping of 7. Arena and dungeons im rocking a 200-400 ping. Sadly enough WTFast seems to work fine for open world, but for some reason arena and cross server dungeons still feel lagy as if without WTFast. Everyone in my clan is lagging, from all different places from europe.

THX HIME FOR FINALY LOOKING INTO IT.

I want clear answer is ARENA servers for EU connected/located in NA or NOT  i am having very weird experiences in arena where sometimes  ,really delay and latency is major and i am saying like 1/2 of my arena time.  So please reveal the truth please.     Its really day and night if i am in world or arena.

3 hours ago, Hime said:

We have been reviewing and investigating the reports of latency issues across our servers. With Blade & Soul, latency does player a role in the enjoyment and experience. Unfortunately, with an issue like latency, there isn't one cause or an easy solution as everybody experiences this issue differently. Please be ware it is a priority of ours, but not one that can be easily tackled.

Our European servers are in Frankfurt, Germany. When you are in the game world itself, from any of our European servers, you are connected to Frankfurt. Sometimes you may notice NA servers go down when EU servers are still online. However, we have many components that still connect to NA directly. That is where are login servers are located and a few other systems like Marketplace. It isn't the best system for our EU players, especially with the high traffic we've been experiencing with Blade & Soul. We are looking into see how we can adjust that to ensure a better experience for our EU players.

In short, we understand this is an issue for our players and we are investigating it.

Thank you Hime for taking the time to answer us, there has been many threads about this problem and I'm happy to see a representative from NCWest exchanging with us!

You said the servers for EU are located in Germany and I will gladly believe you but why do I connect to IP's exclusively from Texas?

Regards.

4 hours ago, YuunaSenpai said:

@Lock6 Hi there NCsoft Mod - big fan - now to the topic at hand.

I see your statement about location of the EU gameservers and raise you this german tracert from just now:

Hc9HZxw.jpg

most interesting are the positions 6 and 7.

Position 6 is located in Germany, weirdly my IP location tools report multiple locations for the IP ( Dortmund - North Rhine-westphalia || Hannover - Lower Saxony )

Position 7 is located in the US of A:

I don't even want to know why all other ICMP responses of the traceroute did run into a timeout...

Oh the same result happens with an TCPtraceroute tool, if your tech-guys are dismissing my queries. 

Fact is, my packages to your european game servers (IPv4 206.127.149.9 - 206.127.149.14 tested)  are routed across the pond for god knows why reasons and there is most likely packet loss happening...

Just to point out the obvious.  (P.S.  Easier to cut 'n paste from the DOS box), if hop 6 is in germany, and hop 7 is in NY, then somebodies got the best friggin' connection on the planet, as there is less than 1ms ping difference between the two.  (that may even be FTL?)

More likely, the geolocation for that NY server is the location of the company owning the IP, and not the location of the actual server.  FWIW, from the U.S. tracert to that IPr

4     9 ms    78 ms     5 ms  64-129-238-190.static.twtelecom.net [64.129.238.190]
  5     5 ms     5 ms     5 ms  4.68.71.137
  6   154 ms   154 ms   154 ms  ae-4-90.edge7.frankfurt1.level3.net [4.69.154.203]
  7   153 ms   154 ms   154 ms  ae-4-90.edge7.frankfurt1.level3.net [4.69.154.203]
  8  195.16.162.186  reports: Destination net unreachable.

(and incidentally, odds are the timeouts/etc. are because the "private" server connections once it actually gets near the destination don't support the protocol that tracert uses.)

guys u even care to post ur ping results. that's pretty obvious that arenas and cross dung lags more than open world. while in ow i can cast as fm stun-tab(sets in the air)-z-4 and the point is with the skill on 4 i grab the target at the highest point in the air when at arena it usually happens in the mid air or even when the target almost falls down. u dont need myth busters to resolve this issue:) its pretty much noticeable.

GNAHAHAHAHA!!!

The marketplace server is in NA for the EU servers? This explains why the marketplace crashed the weekend before but the rest of the game was fine. Also "many components" connect to NA? What else is in NA besides login? Arena? Small dungeons? Small zones?

This is also why both NA and EU maintenance times are glued together. You simply can't run independent maintenances. And this is perhaps why you need 6h+ for each maintenance twice a week, because the NA/EU servers have to be adjusted to each other.

Well, that splitting also explains the poor overall server performance. And here I thought NCsoft had bought some cheap servers. I apologize, this may not be true; instead the whole server setup is simply .. idiotic?

Let me guess how this began: management wanted to save money. They picked out events that only need temporary access like login, marketplace and thought by bundling it in NA, the EU servers wouldn't be affected. Of course this couldn't be tested but should work out fine - on the paper. Now we have a fixed situation where you would have to mirror complete NA server parts to EU and set up a whole new EU server. Not only a new EU server plus infrastructure would be needed but also additional work. Horrendous amount of investment for a better ping. Who's gonna believe NCsoft is gonna invest that?

tl;dr

Nothing's gonna be changed for EU servers.

Ok i check ip address of my 4 client.exe that ncsoft use to connect me with my characters in eu. the 1 that they use for login server is 64.25.35.100 and is lowest of the 4 since i'm in eastern canada atm at 63ms. i did a tracert of all 4 and the 1 i just mark is located in texas. i got 2 that the tracert end in Frankfurt the ip for those 2 are 206.127.149.18 and 206.127.154.15 i know somebody gonna make a ip location finder and tells me that those 2 are in Austin,texas but given that i got a big ping difference between point 6 and point 7 on the tracert and that it end up  with thing like ae-4-90.edge7.frankfurt1.level3.net i tend to think that indeed those 2 ip location are really in germany on top of that i get a jump of ping of 80ms between chicago and Frankfurt on those 2 tracert. Last ip address i get is 206.127.149.29 and is by far the 1 with the highest ping at 235ms even though it moves quite a bit sometimes it goes down to 175ms so you can see that it's moving quite a bit.The tracert for that 1 also finish with a telia.net location. I made a small search and found out that telia is a telecom company that is serving northern europe mostly denmark,sweden and finland.

Archived