thank you for optimizing this game so well ncsoft ;)

Kawasaki

before the "optimization" i could do every dungeon between 20-30fps (it's garbage but still playable) without other player's characters disabled  now i do them at slide show fps (literally 1fps every time more than one person attacks monsters). so thank you for making the game completely unplayable. I used to be able to kill the last boss at 20+ fps with every character visible now even with every one invisible my screen still freezes for a fraction of a second every time we attack the boss.

You know, it's amazing.  I actually come from a primarily FPS background, and I play at a fairly high level.  Literally, if performance isn't rock solid, a lot of players at my level do nothing but *cricket* about performance all day.  FPS games leaning toward competitive can die within a year if the performance isn't there.

This game has been live for what?  Five years?  Maybe six including betas?  And people honestly don't seem that perturbed by the performance.  Just a few threads here and there about crap performance.  But overall not a huge stink.  People even talk about this game being ready for competitive.

And from my perspective, a FPS player perspective, that's an absolute joke.

It's odd is what I'm trying to say.

I have laptop 3 years old dell inspiron 17r se and I have 45-60 fps in some dungeons with max texture and players enabled 

this game may not be optimized that well for 5 years old game but if you have 1fps its your pc fault not the game

2 minutes ago, Lapuka said:

I have laptop 3 years old dell inspiron 17r se and I have 45-60 fps in some dungeons with max texture and players enabled 

this game may not be optimized that well for 5 years old game but if you have 1fps its your pc fault not the game

I have a GTX 980 Ti taped onto a Devil's Canyon i7.  If I run max graphics, which I always do because my computer is *cricket*ing beast and I damn well should be able to, I can dip as low as 30 FPS in a 6-man.  That's pretty unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Lapuka said:

no. ncsoft screewed something up because as i said in the op this started happening after the "optimization". Did you even read the op?

Just now, Kawasaki said:

no. ncsoft screewed something up because as i said in the op this started happening after the "optimization". Did you even read the op?

use common sense please if update affected him but not me it's highly probable that fault is on his side, don't you think so ? 

1 minute ago, Lapuka said:

use common sense please if update affected him but not me it's highly probable that fault is on his side, don't you think so ? 

i don't know how this can be on my side if i haven't changed any thing on my computer and this started after the so called optimization they did. Stop trying to white knight so much.

Just now, Kawasaki said:

i don't know how this can be on my side if i haven't changed any thing on my computer and this started after the so called optimization they did. Stop trying to white knight so much.

Let me tell you,

A - you haven't reinstalled windows for 6months or more, you have some trash on your pc that runs in background without you knowing, osme of your drivers are out of date, you have some failures in your services or drivers, but game works fine.

B - game gets updated

A + B = you get a problem because new updates no longer tolerates your mess of a system.

Btw what does this "white knight" means I see it in this forum here and there it sounds pretty cool but I have feeling it supposed to be an insult, very bad way to insult xD

It's weird I actually had more frames than I usually did before today...(I haven't played since last Tuesday or so.) I was running at 55-70 now I'm at 65-80 and only when there were like 3 FM spamming skills at once did I dip back to 40-50, and I had Pandora running on the net in the BG this time around.

So idk what's going on

4 minutes ago, Lapuka said:

Let me tell you,

A - you haven't reinstalled windows for 6months or more, you have some trash on your pc that runs in background without you knowing, osme of your drivers are out of date, you have some failures in your services or drivers, but game works fine.

B - game gets updated

A + B = you get a problem because new updates no longer tolerates your mess of a system.

Btw what does this "white knight" means I see it in this forum here and there it sounds pretty cool but I have feeling it supposed to be an insult, very bad way to insult xD

white knight is a person who keeps defending sh*t because to  their eyes it's not sh*t. but i tell you what, just because it's good for you it doesn't make it less sh*t then it actually is. And it's not an insult.

Also i've been playing league at 60fps for years and although league isn't a very pc intensive game i kept getting the same 60fps every update even after the map got completely updated. The problem here isn't my pc the problem is that this game's optimization is sh*t and ever since the optimization from last patch it just completely made the game unplayable for me.

A lot of people have complained about a noticeable fps drop since said optimization (myself and a friend included). Something about a ~10 FPS drop in average for us, some people reporting more.

But people with actually bad rigs got some EXTRA 10 FPS from the update. So there's always people who won't understand what's going on and try to give opinions on other peoples issues that are absolutely not related to their own.

4 minutes ago, Eckin said:

A lot of people have complained about a noticeable fps drop since said optimization (myself and a friend included). Something about a ~10 FPS drop in average for us, some people reporting more.

But people with actually bad rigs got some EXTRA 10 FPS from the update. So there's always people who won't understand what's going on and try to give opinions on other peoples issues that are absolutely not related to their own.

Well, i still have the same fps when out of combat but as soon as my party starts killing monsters my fps jump out the window and as i said many times already this is NEW and only started recently after the patch

58 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I have a GTX 980 Ti taped onto a Devil's Canyon i7.  If I run max graphics, which I always do because my computer is *cricket*ing beast and I damn well should be able to, I can dip as low as 30 FPS in a 6-man.  That's pretty unacceptable.

Well there's your problem.  I never use tape to connect my graphics card to the cpu.  Come to think of it, I never use tape to connect my graphics card to the motherboard either.

I recommend this:

F3kHdYi.jpg

More stable connection.*

*Note: Don't try this at home folks.

15 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Well there's your problem.  I never use tape to connect my graphics card to the cpu.  Come to think of it, I never use tape to connect my graphics card to the motherboard either.

I recommend this:

F3kHdYi.jpg

More stable connection.*

*Note: Don't try this at home folks.

I only use the highest quality, organic tapes, and I will tell you that my specially designed tape is superior to your multi-purpose glue.

Sofar i have seen threads with "optimization didn't do much" or "optimization f'ed it up", but i still have to see the first real "thanks ncsoft for the optimization i can play now!!".

I have a beast of a pc and keep my pc in top working condition. Update drivers you name it, it's done. Still after this so called optimization all of a sudden i notice popups and artifacting. Nothing gamebreaking, but still i see stuff happening that wasn't there before not lost any fps though since my pc simply doesn't care <3. Mate of mine could run this game at 50fps. After optimization it went down to 30-40. All in all i don't think anybody actually got helped by this patch.

Is there anybody out there that actually had a big improvement in preformance after the patch ?

Edit: If yes please post your pc speccs so we can maybe figure out which pc's do get a improvement.

1 hour ago, Meerkat said:

You know, it's amazing.  I actually come from a primarily FPS background, and I play at a fairly high level.  Literally, if performance isn't rock solid, a lot of players at my level do nothing but *cricket* about performance all day.  FPS games leaning toward competitive can die within a year if the performance isn't there.

This game has been live for what?  Five years?  Maybe six including betas?  And people honestly don't seem that perturbed by the performance.  Just a few threads here and there about crap performance.  But overall not a huge stink.  People even talk about this game being ready for competitive.

And from my perspective, a FPS player perspective, that's an absolute joke.

It's odd is what I'm trying to say.

This game's lack of optimization has been a huge criticism for a while now. People are very aware and "perturbed" by it.

15 minutes ago, Rawrzori said:

Sofar i have seen threads with "optimization didn't do much" or "optimization f'ed it up", but i still have to see the first real "thanks ncsoft for the optimization i can play now!!".

I have a beast of a pc and keep my pc in top working condition. Update drivers you name it, it's done. Still after this so called optimization all of a sudden i notice popups and artifacting. Nothing gamebreaking, but still i see stuff happening that wasn't there before not lost any fps though since my pc simply doesn't care <3. Mate of mine could run this game at 50fps. After optimization it went down to 30-40. All in all i don't think anybody actually got helped by this patch.

Is there anybody out there that actually had a big improvement in preformance after the patch ?

Edit: If yes please post your pc speccs so we can maybe figure out which pc's do get a improvement.

I did and I'll just quote myself " I was running at 55-70 now I'm at 65-80 and only when there were like 3 FM spamming skills at once did I dip back to 40-50, and I had Pandora running on the net in the BG this time around."
geforce GTX 980
16gb RAM
AMD FX 8150

win 7

Unless it had something to do with me finally turning on bloom today pwtlaugh_by_the_terminal_show-d9q9nz9.gi

That being said it's still not ideal, since Skyrim with 60+ mods and 4k textures runs at a steady 80fps...Still tho I don't know why it randomly is running smoother for me today, I wouldn't be one to believe in an optimization patch.

1 hour ago, Meerkat said:

I agree I got a GTX 760 and can run GTA 5 online. Its more than enough for this game yet I experience the same drops in FPS. Even when I have it set to 'optimize for combat'

If its happening on graphics cards like yours, that is even better than mine, then its not your system its the game itself.

The gameplay is great but the FPS is the crucial element that is letting it down.

6 minutes ago, Killian said:

I did and I'll just quote myself " I was running at 55-70 now I'm at 65-80 and only when there were like 3 FM spamming skills at once did I dip back to 40-50, and I had Pandora running on the net in the BG this time around."
geforce GTX 980
16gb RAM
AMD FX 8150

win 7

Unless it had something to do with me finally turning on bloom today pwtlaugh_by_the_terminal_show-d9q9nz9.gi

can you try turning it off and report back if that was actually the problem/fix ?

2 minutes ago, Rawrzori said:

can you try turning it off and report back if that was actually the problem/fix ?

It's 3 am and I'm heading off, but tomorrow I'll do some tests with different settings. Because I also turned AF from 8x to 16x today, I'll try combos of both and get back here if anything changes.

Archived