Why are BM so crap in Arena?

Skyisthelimit

4 hours ago, Kunz said:

If you do the math, 11 out of 150 is around 7%, and we have 6 classes ( BM, BD, KFM,DE,FM,Sum), which average around 16% for each class given 150 players. BM didn't even make it to half of the average."
             I love BM as well, I managed to get to gold rank in NA. It is tough, our combo is hard to catch. We only has one chance basically. Our air combo of (  V = > C => Q =>lb, rb, rb, 2, V, rb, tab, rb,rb ,E , X ) we have that combo which can bring enemy down to 20-30% and from there we can win. However, executed is so hard, when I need to bait out their tab, And like I said one chance, if not all the resit that other classes will make us regret. BM now is like either u executed right or GG.
             My question is that is there a way to executed the air combo even they tab out in the middle ? 

I dno man, simple maths ain't your thing by the looks. Assassin + Blade Master + Blade Dancer + Kung Fu Master + Destroyer + Force Master + Summoner = 7 classes, not 6. With that said the average would be 14% for each class or something like that. Yes there are less Blade Masters in the top but that does not per se mean they are a weaker class. 

First of I think if you want to make calculations you should also take the popularity of classes in mind like how many summoners are there compared to blade masters? If let's say (for an example) there are 9000 Summoners and 2000 Blade Masters and 2 Blade Masters made it to the top 10 as well as 5 Summoners, it means that a higher percentage of Blade Master players made it to the top compared to Summoners.. Even if the numbers to you look like there's more Summoners there. 

Second of I want to point out that Blade Master is listed as a hard skill cap character and a Summoner is listed as a low skill cap character. This means that if you're really good (high skill cap) on your Blade Master you can surpass most Summoners (like those 2 guys in the top 10 have), even those who are skilled with Summoner as the class is limited eventually.

If you play Blade Master into perfection or near perfection you will likely get far in arena as well as pve. If you play Blade Master on an average level you shouldn't expect too much of your results as average just doesn't cut it for that class. 

3 minutes ago, Demiosu said:

I dno man, simple maths ain't your thing by the looks. Assassin + Blade Master + Blade Dancer + Kung Fu Master + Destroyer + Force Master + Summoner = 7 classes, not 6. With that said the average would be 14% for each class or something like that. Yes there are less Blade Masters in the top but that does not per se mean they are a weaker class. 

First of I think if you want to make calculations you should also take the popularity of classes in mind like how many summoners are there compared to blade masters? If let's say (for an example) there are 9000 Summoners and 2000 Blade Masters and 2 Blade Masters made it to the top 10 as well as 5 Summoners, it means that a higher percentage of Blade Master players made it to the top compared to Summoners.. Even if the numbers to you look like there's more Summoners there. 

Second of I want to point out that Blade Master is listed as a hard skill cap character and a Summoner is listed as a low skill cap character. This means that if you're really good (high skill cap) on your Blade Master you can surpass most Summoners (like those 2 guys in the top 10 have), even those who are skilled with Summoner as the class is limited eventually.

If you play Blade Master into perfection or near perfection you will likely get far in arena as well as pve. If you play Blade Master on an average level you shouldn't expect too much of your results as average just doesn't cut it for that class. 

And how do you know that there are more Summoners than BMs? Is there a statistics that I am missing?

For all I can understand, It might seem that there are more BMs because BM are the traditional class of every MMORPG and are popular.

And KFM are listed as Expert skill cap. So far, KFM and Destroyers are the only class that I have not beaten at least once in my 70 1v1 matches. I refuse to agree that every single KFM was a better player than I was. I have lost to Bronze KFM who was level 41 while I am Silver and HM2.

1 minute ago, NN13 said:

And how do you know that there are more Summoners than BMs? Is there a statistics that I am missing?

I never claimed I know the numbers hence I said "for an example" , a lot of people claim that summoner is fotm which makes it more likely that there's more summoners than blade masters. But I'm not going to discuss this further once I'm done with this reply.. All I said is that if you don't know the popularity of a class you can't make any calculations. If there's only 100 people playing blade master you can't complain if only 2 of them make it to the top 10, where if there's 1000 players of X class (apparently I can't say Summoner because you will ask me where I get numbers from in AN EXAMPLE SITUATION) there might be 5 players getting to the top 10 as there are simply more of them. 

I still strongly believe that the reason why there are not so many BMs is that none of the top BMs has actually sat down to do few guides so people can watch and learn. Like any other top player pretty much did something about their class but none of us have done anything about BMs... i explain stuffs every now and then on stream. Perhaps once I hit HM 5 I will sit down and write a poem. But you are right BMs take a lot more skills to master in the current meta. Someone wrote down class overview... every class skill can be countered, some are just harder than the others but still doable and thats understandable since we are playing on the 45 patch. 

Personally I have never had such an easy time climbing the ladder I faced only KFMs who I completely annihilate, Destroyers - My favourite class to play against (again absolute annihilation against them), and very easy summoners. Majority of the plat players are summoners who are new beginners they got so far because they just mash buttons and the others don't know how to deal with them, once they go against someone who knows what he is doing they are srsly *cricket*ed. They waste their stun escape on knock downs etc. I appreciate many people are complaining about summoners but trust you me you haven't faced the top ones yet to see what cancer is, atm you are just playing against the new beginner pianists. 

In this topic I explained summoners match up (might be helpful for some of you) - 

20 minutes ago, Kanella said:

Just wondering since alot of you guys are saying this class is underwhelming and bad. Is it worth leveling it at the moment or should I wait until lv 50 to play it since it gets "better" then.

It sounds like if you level BM, you might be in for frustration and a tough road ahead. However, if players are reaching top 10 on the class, it obviously has potential to excel.  You just have to really put the effort in, and if you find that rewarding, then I think you should still level BM.

Honestly, the "wait until 50" mantra is something I don't condone, because all it does is support the "Things Get Better" mentality of waiting for the game to change for you.  I can't say that I know exactly what changes at 50 with other HM skills, but you'll still have to deal with many fundamental mechanics people are complaining about, so I say find a playstyle you like and stick with it.  

BM's require a lot of spec on the skills for every match-up.One more thing BM's need to do to win match-ups is to mind game opponents (going full burst (with blade call) is not always the best solution to output damage.sometimes is just better to trick opponents into using their escapes and combo them after,after all BM's have enough damage if combo is done properly.)

They are of course certain classes which are a nightmare to BM's but on low gold they can be outplayed most of the time.

In the end i admit that BM's are at the bottom of the ladder in terms of PvP but with enough practice it's possible to get to gold/plat.

I really don't understand all this QQ about class's (wait until Locks get introduced then you will really see crying). We are lvl 45 not even 50 yet. Everything is balanced around lvl 50 content. SO please stop crying. Everyone class is good, yes each class has a pretty hard counter, but really its all about skill. If you keep losing get better not sure what else to say. I am just waiting for 50 content and just enjoying the game right now.

22 hours ago, Enoll said:

I still strongly believe that the reason why there are not so many BMs is that none of the top BMs has actually sat down to do few guides so people can watch and learn. Like any other top player pretty much did something about their class but none of us have done anything about BMs... i explain stuffs every now and then on stream. Perhaps once I hit HM 5 I will sit down and write a poem. But you are right BMs take a lot more skills to master in the current meta. Someone wrote down class overview... every class skill can be countered, some are just harder than the others but still doable and thats understandable since we are playing on the 45 patch. 

Personally I have never had such an easy time climbing the ladder I faced only KFMs who I completely annihilate, Destroyers - My favourite class to play against (again absolute annihilation against them), and very easy summoners. Majority of the plat players are summoners who are new beginners they got so far because they just mash buttons and the others don't know how to deal with them, once they go against someone who knows what he is doing they are srsly *cricket*ed. They waste their stun escape on knock downs etc. I appreciate many people are complaining about summoners but trust you me you haven't faced the top ones yet to see what cancer is, atm you are just playing against the new beginner pianists. 

In this topic I explained summoners match up (might be helpful for some of you) - 

Would you mind doing some kind of guide then ? I started playing BM 2 weeks ago, I know how to execute the full CC combo takin around 80% of my opponent's life but beside that i don't know what else to do :/

Archived