Why are BM so crap in Arena?

Skyisthelimit

In open world pvp I can do better since it's gear dependent and high critical chance greatly increases our damage.

But in arena I cannot do much, we are so CC reliant and it's hard to pull off CC chain with every other class having multiple forms of resist....they just run around and jump, you can't even use your CC's effectively, our only gap closing CC is rush which has such a long cooldown for stun and shoulder charge (if u spec 3 points into it but i don't cuz it's a waste of 3 points).

Our iframes you need to be within 3m which is retarded since in arena people just running around hopping and our iframes are useless.

I really don't know what to do, the only class I find easy to fight are Force masters (you can block a lot of their attacks) and summoners (flash step proc helps). Every other class is so hard to fight especially KFM they just CC you to death and blade masters have no god dam defense? All we can do is block which doesn't even work so wtf.

There's very few good blade masters i've seen and it's so dam frustrating doing the arena dailies, i can't get into gold i'm stuck in high silver. and Tag team is even worse, if you have no escape left, you are pretty much screwed if you get assisted against.

any pro BM's got any advice? everyone keeps saying "BM will be so strong at 50"....yeah Ok, I really doubt it because our hongmoon skills are not that crazy. and people said that BM getting buffed in this patch...LMAO..we barely got any buff. All other classes got even more ahead of BM in this patch.

I know korean servers or whatever are probably balanced right now but why would NCSoft do their patches like this? it makes no sense, they should try to keep balance at all times, instead of players having to put their hope in the next upcoming patches which who knows when they will come and if they will actually balance BM out.

Everyone just tells me get better but cmon look at the statistics...i checked myself there is like 2 blade masters in top 100. and the best BM is barely in the 1900s.......while KFM and summoners are dominating the top 100 followed by other classes..

I didn't even bother checking the top 200 probably the same stats. Are we Blade masters supposed to miserably get by doing our arena dailies? I want to pvp but it's so dam frustrating as a BM. On my summoner getting to gold was a joke but I don't like my summoner and my blade master is my main ..o well SOMEONE PLZ HELP

EDIT: Lmao blade masters are supposed to do "burst" damage.....haha when I tag in to help a teammate, max damage I can do is like 20-30% of opponents HP....if I get lucky. While literally every class can burst down 60-100% of opponenets HP in an assist

30 minutes ago, Skyisthelimit said:

lol what kind of class system is that. we just suppose to accept that the time we invested in our class is all wasted because the classes are imbalanced like crazy?

Yes. I am a BM as well and that is what NCSoft stance is. In my time playing and reading the forums since launch, I have seen 1...1 Moderator post. And that was to lock a thread, where someone posted a video of a hacker cheating requesting his banishment. Which is sad, they can't show their faces to answer the communities concerns, but sure are they ready to defend  hacker.

\

This is what the Admins did to a player of GW2 who was caught hacking in pvp. NCSoft protects, they access his account hand out free money and his bank, gets him naked films his executions uploads it on the forum and youtube for all time...and bans him. 

NCSoft, ignores everyone but this one topic.

I have the same problem. My main is a BM and i love her to bits but after getting to higher levels and trying pvp, it turned into a nightmare. While i love the block and can use it right in pve, it feels like its completely useless when in pvp. The only classes I can deal are other BM, KM...Destroyer just keeps wheeling which I mostly cant block, Forcemaster just keeps running around and the assassin completely destroyed me. I luckily never had to fight  a summoner yet XD As I fought a forcemaster for the first time I threw everything i got onto him and...maybe did 10% damage? I was so desperate as I really tried hard but somehow i didn't do any damage suddenly....(he was lv 39, I 44)

I dont know. I feel like Blademaster is for now just a good pve character. When it comes to pvp you should keep your hands off it.

I actually switched now to summoner and Im quiet happy with her but I miss the close combat of the BM...I know I wont have the patience to fight with a KM and will definitely miss the fun If I would play with a Destroyer as he is just whirling around ._. so yeah. I will probably stay with summoner to be able to at least enjoy the pvp OTL though, now I gotta run aaallll the way to high level again //cries

I´ve seen alot of bladedancers and blademasters that I felt sorry for and could use a boost - then I saw a couple that really shined and held their own and beat destroyers and assasins with plenty of hp to spare.

Koreans say its the hardest class to master in pvp but also one of the most rewarding.

Looking at the koreans pvp charts, they are doing well.

Everyone who is tellung us BMs "git gud" has never played BM before or is just one of these unskilled summoner face rollers. Its a fact that BM is the weakest class on arena for now. We have barely any resists skills, we got stunlocked for years after using our 3-4 escape skills and our burst dmg is a real problem in arena because its restricted to an area and nearly every other class can just escape from our stuns somehow and double S out of the area and there you go. Burst damage goes into nowhere. If you get lucky and you can drop your full burst damage into someone, then its actually a good amount of damage but mostly this will not happen. Next point is that BMs dont have any high dmg combo. The best i figured out so far is the double air combo which uses nearly all of your stuns and you got like 35-40% damage on your enemy and after that you have just nothing left for a long amount of time instead of Q to change your stance and got at least more damage than your auto attacks. Then the focus reg... Jeez that is pissing me the hell of. You got your focus mostly with blocks or 1-2 points with auto attacks which are dealing like 200 damage, *cricket* yeah. But if you play against summoner, destroyer or assa you are like 90% out of focus because you cant block the destroyers roflstorm, assas are in permastealth dropping some shit damage on you while they are untouchable and then they run away waiting to get their stealth ready again which is pure BS or they just vanishing out of your stuns 99% of the time with stealth ability which has like 0,5 sec cd. Actually i guess i dont really have to talk about summoners. Cat stun for 5 secs, no ability to escape and you got bursted down to 30% life and you are done. Also many classes can just block your charge skill for several secs and if your pull ability has cd you are *cricket*ed. But it feels like the BM got even more disadvantage after the patch. Before i was close above the gold rating with around 1620 or something like that and now i can barely reach 1500.  I hope they will balance this out because i love my BM and i have tons of fun playing PvE content but PvP is just not enjoyable for now.

The reason why there aren't so many BMs is because no one from the top players actually sat down to do some guides, we only stream. There are guides from any other class regarding pvp - Vile's assassin videos, Endahlol's destroyer guides, Shiro and Radeyz's KFM guides, dunno about summoners but you don't really need god knows what guides for them, Madoshi's and Bevv's guides, and then you have all those BMs who are lazy as *cricket* to do anything but stream.

BM is not difficult it just needs a lot of practice and good timing and knowing your opposite class.

2 minutes ago, Enoll said:

The reason why there aren't so many BMs is because no one from the top players actually sat down to do some guides, we only stream. There are guides from any other class regarding pvp - Vile's assassin videos, Endahlol's destroyer guides, Shiro and Radeyz's KFM guides, dunno about summoners but you don't really need god knows what guides for them, Madoshi's and Bevv's guides, and then you have all those BMs who are lazy as *cricket* to do anything but stream.

BM is not difficult it just needs a lot of practice and good timing and knowing your opposite class.

Actually the problem is that most people only know their own class somewhat - they have very little clue about other classses. They may recognize a few skills, but they never pvp´d with all the classes enough to know the cooldown times and followups of each skill - or know how to techchase a destroyers spin.

This puts them at a huge disadvantage to the few who knows and at everyone else - it´s like random wins where the button mashing pays off.

I love my bm and I'll keep playing it, ill stick to pve only if i have to. I made a sin to solo brightstone and then tried to do arena. I got to gold  at like lvl 38, I'm farming my soulstones on sin and then go practice bm when I'm bored, it's just not fun as a bm in arena lol you're not allowed any room for mistakes if your opponent is somewhat decent.

I like BM. I think it's fun, so I will keep playing BM. 

It has a lot to do with who I am as a person, who I am as a player.

I will not make a summoner because they are stronger, and easier to use. That is not the type of player I am. 

Automatic transmission cars as easier to drive than manual trans., but I would rather eat a raw elephant testicle than roll a Summoner.

6 hours ago, Onene said:

I love my bm and I'll keep playing it, ill stick to pve only if i have to. I made a sin to solo brightstone and then tried to do arena. I got to gold  at like lvl 38, I'm farming my soulstones on sin and then go practice bm when I'm bored, it's just not fun as a bm in arena lol you're not allowed any room for mistakes if your opponent is somewhat decent.

it is true that you need to knwo other classes well but if your damage spike revolves around block and all the classes have a block break with next to no cooldown like wtf am i supose to do lol 

doesntmatter how much you know all the classes they can just spam2win

If you do the math, 11 out of 150 is around 7%, and we have 6 classes ( BM, BD, KFM,DE,FM,Sum), which average around 16% for each class given 150 players. BM didn't even make it to half of the average."
             I love BM as well, I managed to get to gold rank in NA. It is tough, our combo is hard to catch. We only has one chance basically. Our air combo of (  V = > C => Q =>lb, rb, rb, 2, V, rb, tab, rb,rb ,E , X ) we have that combo which can bring enemy down to 20-30% and from there we can win. However, executed is so hard, when I need to bait out their tab, And like I said one chance, if not all the resit that other classes will make us regret. BM now is like either u executed right or GG.
             My question is that is there a way to executed the air combo even they tab out in the middle ? 

32 minutes ago, Enoll said:

You are wrong mate we have a combo that can 100 - 0

And I am actually surprised that Cassie is not in the top 10 since he is a good NA BM. Perhaps he is leveling by deranking and climbing again.

I actually haven't seen him on much lately, and if he is on he's been doing Mushins tower, I think.

Maybe its the time difference as I am in EU, but either way not seen him play much arena as of late.

On 2/16/2016 at 4:10 PM, Demiosu said:

3f7cecfeb02c30f8af8f16ee724d3e9c.png

Yes, they're so bottom of the list that there's 2 of them in the top 10 on EU. : ^) 

Going by your own example, I can easily say that the trend is intact if you consider the first 5 players. Summoners being the most OP, there are 2 among Top 5, while there is no BM.

You can keep saying that BM are not bad, but the fact is that pulling off proper combos as a BM is probably the hardest.

There are 2 BM among the Top 10 because they are good players, not because they are BM.

If you have 2 players having exactly same level of skill, 8/10 times, the BM will lose. The 2 times when BM would win will probably be against FM.

If you see a BM defeating a Summoner or Destroyer, you can be 99% certain that the BM player is much more skilled.

I am by no means an expert player, but here is how it goes for BMs-

1. Summoners - The most problematic for me. First and foremost, it is straightaway unfair when it is 2v1. Second, I could have said its ok, atleast if the combined HP for Sommoner and familiar was not higher than BM. A BM has 47k HP, a Summoner on the other hand has 68k (39k for summoner + 29k for cat) . The cat had 19k HP, but after Feb 10th patch, it seems it was increased to 29k. That is awesome, right? Having to fight 2v1 is hard as it is, but having to deal with a HP pool for 20k extra is just insane.

And third, a summoner can root you, cc you, and their cat can pin you down and take away 50%+ of your HP. On the other hand, even if a BM manages to land all the combos perfectly, his/her Blade Call will barely do 7-8k damage, 9k if it crits. And here lies the problem - Blade Call, the highest damage ability of BM is very very easy to dodge, its so easy that it even misses the AI in PvE if your timing is not perfect. I mean seriously, deal damage after 5 secs? In a game like BnS, enemies either move out or die in 5 secs, let alone the players. For an ability with 1 min cooldown, I except it to be less random.

2. Destroyers - Destroyers are rare and I barely fought 5 of them. But before Feb 10th patch, I was atleast able to block their Gale(Tab ability). Today, I fought a destroyer whose gale was going through my Block. He spinned the whole match. I was able to pull of Heavenly Blades two times in between the pauses, but that was not even close to enough. And the biggest problem of a BM is the long cooldowns on each and every PvP useful ability. BM wouldn't have been so bad if at least Take Flight(F) didn't have a cooldown. I could have cycled my 4 stun abilities properly then. But no, every useful thing has a cooldown, while the Destroyer can resist damage, deal damage and resist status without having to worry about cooldown.

3. Blade Dancers(otherwise known as Lyn BM) - Ok, so everything a BM can do, a BD does it better. They are fast, faster than BM. They can spin to resist status and damage. They can phantom grip you. And then, there are the common aerial combos like BM.

4 . Assassins - Ok, this is the only class that does not have any major advantage over BM. Yes, they are hard to deal with, but not nearly impossible like Summoners or Destroyers. Their Flash bang power is annoying, but at least I can pull off my combos if I play properly. But mind you, even Assassins do not need as much skill as BM, and that is mainly BM's skill set is very lackluster. There are only a handful of skills that helps in PvP and thats about it.

5. Kung Fu Master - These guys can counter everything a BM does. I don't know if it was lag or their ability, but I have had many KFM counter Take Flight(F) even when they were dazed and do that repeatedly. Either they do not have a cooldown on their counter ability or they really are powerful. But I do not complain about KFM because they are the hardest to play, well, at least according to developers.

6. Force Masters - IMO, this is by far the most weak class from a BM's point of view. It is just the opposite of KFM. Everything FM does, a BM can block. The only useful thing a FM does is block our Rush and 5-point strike, but if BM are fast enough, they can Evade and use those.

And not just PvP, BM are actually pretty useless in PvE as well. Assassins are probably the best PvE class. They can easily farm dungeons solo. Then, there is Destroyer who can lift Bosses. FM who can CC in an AoE. Summoners' cat does the job. Don't know what KFM can do. BD and BM are actually bad, BM being the worst. At least BD and phantom grab enemies and deal damage. BM on the other hand needs to keep the target stationary for his/her Blade Call to work, but ironically, does have a good CC. And BM is absolutely terrible for a solo boss fight. NOt a single stun ability works against bosses.

Archived