Summoners

Pond

Increase speed through Q/E, maybe SS (careful this increases SS cooldown), or through full agility stacking

Use gap closers, ideally that penetrate defence and have  root removals (SS > Tiger Pounce, Avenging Strike stage 2 tier 3, Flying Slam s3 t3)

Use AoE stuns to disable both summoner and cat

Use air combos, the cat stays on the ground

Don't counter with the cat near you or you get grappled.

Spec your escape to escape grapple.

Don't hit into their dandelion.

When fighting a Summoner which level's around mine, I prefer to stun the cat and give it Shin Kicks until it die first.

If you can do 3RF combo its better, but Shin Kick combined with double stuns from Z and V is enough.

When the cat dies, the master almost can't do no shit to you if you can keep good distance.
KFM especially can easily escape from their Vines using Backstep, then counter directly with Tiger Pounce

20 hours ago, PatchKid said:

Dont forget to spec into Fighting Spirit also.  Turn it on the second you get them stuck in a stunlock situation, and be sure to stun both pet and summoner as much as possible.

Tbh, I don't use fighting spirit vs summoners. That 1.5min cooldown is insane. You fail to kill summoner in 1 combo and it's game over. Besides, I had a summoner eat all 4 searing palm hits under buff and they still survived, because *cricket* logic. Thus, I find ice much safer to use. Either to give you a few seconds of breathing room to wait out your cooldowns, or removing immobility, or to help you unstealth the summoner after they tab out.

The trick is to try and kill them in one combo, as summoner is one of the few classes squishy enough to die in one combo (if done right). You want to bait out both their retreat and tab-escape without wasting too many of your CCs doing so. Use Q/E on the cat when they try to spam stuff on you, and you'll easily get 2 agility stacks from just 1 dodge meaning you can get max agility fairly often against summoners. Remember to use Triple Kick often as it has a short cooldown and with fighting two enemies at once you're almost guaranteed to dodge something each time you press Q/E, thus activating a free stun on RMB.

Once you know their tab-escape is on cooldown, it's your golden opportunity. You want to save both Rising Dragon (Z) and Tremor (V) for this opportunity, to make sure your kill combo goes off without interruption from the cat. Try to catch them with a triple kick and use that stun to buff yourself with Fighting Spirit (if you have it), then as soon as the cat comes in range use either Z or V immediately (Z stuns immediately so I recommend using this first), and optimally both the summoner and its cat will be stunned at this point, so it's time to go ham. This is where you kill them with simply doing Shin Kick and Searing Palm (tier 3, stage 1) while using Tremor when Z stun is about to run out. After you hit your 4th searing palm while buffed, they should either be dead or at ~15% hp, meaning a simple few 3rf's will finish them off.

Also, as mentioned by Shuchin, you want to spec your Second Wind (tab-escape) into tier 3 stage 1 so it lets you escape from grapples. This is a MUST simply because a summoner's biggest burst comes when you're grappled or CC'd, which allows them to spam sunflower on you (a sun-beam looking thing that hurts a LOT).

Edit: I'm just a gold-ranked KFM, so I don't know whether this is viable in higher tiers of PvP, though if I learn anything useful I'll let you guys know.

On 17 February 2016 at 3:32 PM, Zeykes said:

this point, so it's time to go ham. This is where you kill them with simply doing Shin Kick and Searing Palm (tier 3, stage 1) while using Tremor when Z stun is about to run out. After you hit your 4th searing palm while buffed, they should either be dead or at ~15% hp, meaning a simple few 3rf's will finish them off.

Why not a quivering palm like in PvE? Should take 50% off their HP...

Yes I know. But the biggest damage out of stage 4 comes from a Quivering Palm follow up (4x normal damage, guaranteed crit). I was wondering why you talk about additional 3RFs instead of just pressing X a second time. Also put in a hellfire kick afterwards, like in PvE.

Do Chokehold on the cat. It will render it unconscious for 30 seconds. The only down side is that you'll suffer some damage from the Summoner from doing this. But, this is really the only option you have if the Summoner constantly puts the Cat in taunt and has House Cat.

The same way I kill them on my BM.

First, avoid/dodge the initial grapple. If you can do that, you won't lose 25-50% of your health. Then just unload on the cat, since it's mentally challenged and the Summoner is gonna be too busy trying to burst you down. Searing Palm after your Shin Kick, E, and Q. By the time you hit Stage 4 of Palm, the Cat will most likely be dead. 

Then, so long as the Summoner isn't hacking/teleporting, you can really just kill them at your leisure.

Archived