The Way of the Force Master, Part 4 (Quest)

MichelleZhivago

Hello all,

Newbie Forcemaster here. Having some difficulty with this quest. It is one of the ones prompted by the voice of Hajoon, the one that calls you "Cricket" and sends you to a secret training area.

You have to go to the Depleted Goldmine and use a combo against Young Armored Plague Mites. There is an 0/3 bar directly under the narrative when you open the Quest Tracker on the right-hand side of the screen. The combo is 3, LMB and V: DragonWhorl, Blazing Palm and Blazing Wall.

I can not seem to successfully do this. The Mites will go down to 1 HP but any subsequent hit causes them to regain their HP. And after a few times, the skills start to show cooldowns that interfere with properly doing the combo.

I have been told to do it faster, I have been told to do it slower. Also, to be careful to just use those 3 keys in that order. No other keystrikes. Does anyone have suggestions? This feels like an important quest that might, if left undone, cause me to be unable to level up. Thank you.

Michelle

Hey, I remember this mission also giving me some trouble in the beginning not counting. In case you want to see the speed to do it at that I got it working the below video when you click to play it should start right at that part of the quest. 

Hello, Daehawk!

Thank you for the response.:) I will keep trying but it has been quite a few tries. Do it faster, slower, being sure to only use the 3 skills; 3, LMB, V.  Like another game, SB, sometimes you have to keep doing it or in just the right way or in just the right spot. In any case, thank you for taking the time and for including the video.:) Now I know there will be a second test if I complete this one!:D

Michelle

1 hour ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Hello, Daehawk!

Thank you for the response.:) I will keep trying but it has been quite a few tries. Do it faster, slower, being sure to only use the 3 skills; 3, LMB, V.  Like another game, SB, sometimes you have to keep doing it or in just the right way or in just the right spot. In any case, thank you for taking the time and for including the video.:) Now I know there will be a second test if I complete this one!:D

Michelle

Make sure you are close enough to the Mites that all 3 attacks hit them. The flame wall appears right in front of you. So you need to be right back on top of them. 

No luck. :( Tried the combo attacking up close. Same thing keeps happening: After the combo, the Mites are low on HP but not dead. Each time, the very next hit causes them to gain back some HP. Not all but enough. And not attacking after the combo does not seem to work. There is no DoT that is killing them if I just stand back and wait. And with only 1 HP at times, you would think they would die even without much DoT.

After a number combos, the NPCs start to behave a bit out of the ordinary, no longer staying in their group as tightly making hitting all 3 difficult. And the combo has 2 skills that keep needing a cool down; the 3,  Dragonwhorl, and V, Blazing Wall, messing up timing for the combo. (This is usually after a few minutes trying.)

This has been going on for over a week. 10 tries that each lasted long enough to lose all of my HPs from their attacks, so it is not as if I am trying once or for a minute and giving up. Do not see how I can hit 3, LMB, V any faster. Tried slower as well. Using nothing but those attacks in that order. 

Any ideas? I am stuck on this quest. :(

O_o;  I never got stuck with these quest.              Line up the mobs in a row.. freeze them in place .. use flame wall.      To be fair though it has been a long time since I did it.   Not sure if it somehow got broke recently........

Nothing works. I have gone into this cave for this quest 12 times. Different days too. Not only do I have to keep running the dungeon associated with the cave just to get to the tutorial but I think the Tutorial with Brother Hajoon is now bugged for me. When I enter, and press 'F' the NPC, Hajoon, no longer even goes through his little speech and commentary typical of the first few meetings. Just some throw away comment about how I will get it. One written comment, nothing else. If I happen to move back closer to him while trying to complete the quest, his voice just repeats over and over, "Use Dragonwhorl, Blazing Palm and Blazing Wall to burn up those Plague Mites."

I have tried to do it fast, do it slow, being careful to just use the three skills: 3, LMB, V. DragonWhorl, Blazing Palm and Blazing Wall. Stood closer to the Mites, further away, 1M, 2Ms, 3Ms, 4Ms, 5Ms, 6Ms, 7Ms. I have moved all over the cave, including the steps, the two pools of water and all the way back to the entrance-that I can not use to leave because I can not complete the quest! At this point, the Mites do not even group up anymore. They spread out and at times split up. One following me closely and the other 2 trailing and at that point they almost never group back up.

Here's Brother Hanjoon, looking a bit sick around the eyes. This is all he says. May not be important but the first time I tried this Quest, he had a lot more to say. Just seems odd.

Screenshot_160220_030_zpsvumwea6e.png

Here are the Young Armored Plague Mites not grouped up. Again, maybe that is nothing but they did not behave that way earlier.

Screenshot_160220_032_zpswh4rsf35.jpg

Hitting them while 2 of the 3 wander off to the left...

Screenshot_160215_001_zpsewwvosnp.jpg

Got them bunched up here. Dropping to 1 HP but never to 0.

Screenshot_160220_022_zpszh7wddyz.jpg

Another view of on the steps. One Mite doing his own thing, off to the right.

Screenshot_160220_029_zpsgcyajwvd.png

So, yeah, unless someone knows what to do, can this be fixed by NCSoft or just clear this stupid quest? Or can I just ignore it? I can not abandon it. Not an option. Does this quest lead to anything important? Besides more tutorials? Thank you.

Michelle 

Hello, CosmicDaw, 

If I may ask, how many Skill Points do you get by the time you have completed Level 45? I know that some skills are given to you at the beginning and a few others are automatically added but recently I was given 8 Skill Points. There was a little number 8 in the lower right corner of the screen. These were given to me soon after the first failure on this Tutorial. (Not given to me for failing but they just happened to have come after I leveled up at some point.) First 3 , then 5 more? Having such trouble here that I was hoping that nothing crucial to the game would be lost if I can not do this. It has been about 12-14 tries and two weeks now. Thank you.

Michelle

By level 45 HM 0 you should have a total of 31 skill points to put into your skills.    Once you unlock HM 1 (just kill 1 more mob at level 45 : P)  you gain 5 more skill points for a total of 36 at 45 HM 1.   Then you get 1, 2, 1, 2    HM2, HM3, HM4, HM5.       For a total of 41 skill pints at level 45 + HM 5.     

When I was doing these starter quest I could not assign any skill points into my skills until I had finished all of these training activities.    I had to progress beyond chapter 17 of a certain point of the quest chain.   I was not sure if was these combo tutorial quest or beyond level 17 of the story quest.

Hello CosmicDaw,

Thank you for the information on Skill Points.:) I will keep an eye on that and continue to level. I may go back to that Tutorial Quest periodically but pretty depressing that it now seems broken for me. At least for my character. Not sure if any other player besides JohnnyTasak was having issues and just not checking Forums or if I am it as JohnnyT may have completed it. Going to see if it does cause any issues as I progress.

Posted a Bug Report, which after 24 hours is already mid-way down page 4. I am going to send in a ticket to Support to ask that they look into this also as this could be pretty important if non-completion stops lowbie FMs from advancing. Other than that, doubtful I will bother anyone else in game about it. They seem lost as to what to do and it is just more grief than it is worth. Anyway, thanks for the help. 

MichelleZ

Update: Created an Alt. and it did the Tutorial, absolutely no issues. My Main Character is bugged. I went back to that tutorial one more time after the Alt. completed it and it continues to behave the same as it has for 3 weeks. Bottom line, the targeted NPCs will not die and so I can  not go on to the next combo in that tutorial and can not complete it for my main. 

Michelle

And now they want a video proving I am having an issue. No, I just went up 10 levels beyond this quest without doing Part 5 because I'm crazy that way.

Is taking a video a game option like the screen shots or do I need a program from outside B&S? Thank you.

(I wonder if JohnyTasak, another commenter here, ever completed this? )

Michelle

Hello,

I am posting 2 videos so that others can see, (1) the intro to the quest, and (2) that the NPCs, the Young Armored Plague Mites, do not die after the combo requested. Did not add the videos quite right, so you have to right-click to open them in another tab. 

Anyone know exactly how to make the videos show here like the one above, posted by Daehawk? The videos are on Youtube. Thank you.

Michelle

Y2LRMAnCMes

rbQfOdL9mHQ

• 3 weeks later...

So, a final update, I guess. My ticket was responded to but the person who responded only made a SINGLE comment about me making sure that I use one of the skills, 3, Dragon Whorl. It should have been apparent that I HAD used that skill, if that person had bothered to look at the video that I sent to Customer Support. The video is only 29 seconds but watched closely, 3, LMB and V are clearly used. In order.

So, NCSoft has no help to offer and will not even delete the quest. My character is Level 39 and that quest is still there. I did create a Forum Topic on the main page but hey, big surprise, there was an "issue" when I tried to post the new topic and after a few tries to post it, I decided not to. (It was not complimentary of NCSoft. Very cathartic but not worth the effort required to post and that would be another topic: what is wrong with Forums.)

Just very frustrating. This could be a very good game but there need to be representatives of NCSoft here in Forums and in game. Even if things can not be fixed, it is nice to have an actual human and not all the form emails from "Customer Support" to at least let you know they are aware of the problem. There are PLENTY of Bots in game. We do not need them in Customer Support particularly or here in Forums making rote replies to players' concerns.

Representatives could be volunteers, Game Sages, in addition to Forum Moderators and GMs. At this point, NCSoft is making Aeria Games and Scarlet Blade look competent and responsive by comparison.

Michelle

1. Those quests are unimportant, you get a costume at the end of them, but that's about it. They're in no way, shape or form necessary for end game.
2. I had the same problem while leveling, try to unspec any possible skillpoints in those skills you might have and it should help you out.

Archived