Sin LMB RMB ani-canceling?

NueHoujuu

Can someone explain to me how exactly this works, and how to tell if I am actually doing it right?

I've tried it with heart stab 4 and 5 poison stacks, and on stunned enemies.

I'm not really sure if I am supposed to open with LMB or RMB before spamming both.

I'm not really sure if I'm actually spamming it as fast as possible or if my spam is just kind of normal speed. I don't know how to determine if I'm doing it the right way.

Ok we sins have two main ani-cancels right now, 

in-stealth =>   RMB->F  

out-of-stealth => LMB->RMB

---------

-As you probably already know we need at 4 points in H.stab's 1st form to do it effectively.

-I advise start training on dummies or piggies east of hogshead hamlet. 

-I also suggest  training with a metronome :P

---------

The trick with ani canceling is knowing which animation you have to cancel.
Your heart stab is instant cast so you have to use that skill to cancel your Mist Slash (LMB) which has a non-instant animation.
But simply alternating both key strokes doesnt trigger a true ani-cancel combo. The alternating key strokes are repeated in a dual manner.

Let's call a dual keystroke => (LBM+RMB)

So lets say you have 2 sec stun window to ani-cancel your opponent:

Wrong approach is:

Timeline :     0sec--------0.5sec--------1.0sec--------1.5sec--------2.0sec

LMB     ->     RMB    ->     LMB      ->    RMB     ->
Problem: pressing each skill 0.5sec apart will somewhat cancel LMB's animation but it can be cancelled much much more earlier.

Better approach:

LMB->RMB     ->    LBM->RMB     ->    LBM->RMB

Difference: pressing each dual keystroke in much quicker succession but leaving a longer time apart between each dual keystrokes.

Ping Factor and first hit delay:

How ping improves or stabilizes your ani-cancel is related to how late the game server detects the first key stroke that starts the combo.
For the LBM-RMB combo it doesnt really matter because you almost always send a previous keystroke to the server before starting your combo (ex: poison breath in pve or spinal tap in pvp)
But for the RMB-F combo usually first strike is RMB which is the instant cast skill and F is the skill you want it's animation cancelled.
So ultimately RMB->F is actually:    F->RMB. 

Example:

RMB    ->    F->RMB     ->    F->RMB     ->      F->RMB

This is the most ping reliant part of anicancel for sins. But you can make it consistent enough by training and finding your own pace.

IMPORTANT:  Mouse clicks have an internal ~.2sec delay for the engine that BNS uses as far as i know so binding contextual 2(RMB's name in options) to a keyboard button makes it a lot easier to pull off.  But yea you can train yourself to do it with mouse nonetheless. 

Hitting keys close to speed of light does not help unless you send the perfect timing and order to the server. 

________Timing >> Speed _________

im not sure how legal macroing is...

and RF and LR are not only animation canceling... u can also cancel lightning rod with shadowdrain, if spec for dmg in stealth, on right tree (in pve, or if you are wierd and wanna die, in pvp too) ,  you can cancel right click (while stunned) with your knockup tab in pvp/e , you can cancel Set Landmine (Z), Lotus Fury, with most abilities. and they cancel each other.

1 hour ago, Necroheaven said:

Or just bind macro to R/T to get rid of the mouse delay. Most people use macros for ani-cancelling anyway. 

Would u happen to know where I could get a macro program. I know they have them on mouses and keyboards. But im also aware that theres programs you can download online to set scripts up for macros. I just dont know where to look tbh.

Hooo, thanks a ton for the technical explanation. That makes a lot more sense. Also it seems R is a copy bind to LMB by default, though I don't remember reading that in the settings.

Since I have a naga... HmHm. I can probably get rid of that 0.2 thing on mouse buttons by binding mouseclicks to numpad or something.

Get a razer, that's really the only good way to do it. Macro software will introduce too much lag and be more likely for many games to break. Plus you're at least paying a legitimate cost for it.

So far I can't see much that would benefit me from making a macro for except for spamming 10 second gathering orders while AFK.

In PvP relying on macros would probably kill you unless you make really good macros and you're already a really good player that can dodge/capitalize on situations/etc.

Or you simply activate "Repeat key presses when holding key" in the settings in game.

Holding LBM and then tapping RBM at proper intervals (there's only so fast it can go in the end, only a macro would make it any noticably faster but that's not exactly the most legal thing ever) is enough to have high speed anicancel. Same goes for holding down RMB and tapping F for lightning crash.

This "trick" only works for 2-button anicancels however. Once we get a proper way of keeping up a Decoy Stance build with Dark Crash, our main combo becomes RMB LMB F, which you will need to tap in time (though, with low enough ping you still only need to tap them in rythm, not spam them.)

Archived