Silvanthis

So, what the hell

I have to play pvp to get my final ability unlock?

Cool, looks like my journey with this game has ended. What a piece of shit system.

dascorp   
Just now, Silvanthis said:

Cool, looks like my journey with this game has ended. What a piece of shit system.

and to upgrade your gear.... you need to get them misty insignia farming done....

3 minutes ago, dascorp said:

and to upgrade your gear.... you need to get them misty insignia farming done....

I have no idea what that means, but this game's pvp is worse than WoW's. What a shitty design concept, to bad. I would have spent A LOT of money with this game over time.

5k beans take a couple hours to farm. You would spend the whole time on PVE content, but can't spare a couple hours to try something different? just gtfo here

DroxX9   
17 minutes ago, Silvanthis said:

The hongmoon skill you unlock with the royal zen bean is the one in the pvp skill tree so if you dont do pvp you shouldnt care about unlocking it in the first place.

Mugi   

well i kinda agree with him though,

i have nothing against pvp evne though im awful at it, but i'd prefer to just stay away really. But for me, combine forced pvp to playing blademaster and yeah, well *cricket* it.

i'll rather just not unlock the skill lol.

and no, i wont "git gud" because i dont give a shit.

Hitokiri   
22 minutes ago, Silvanthis said:

You get the beans even when u loose so i dont see here any problem.

From other side to those: "In Lineage 2 pvp better", "In WoW pvp better".

Ofcourse it is better in that games when your enchanted bot pack does all the work and u during this time trash talk in chat calling others noobs. Here u need to have some gaming skills, in this trash game, yes?

Kryssie   
13 minutes ago, Mugi said:

not deserving content is nonsense, jsut because it's locked behind competitive pvp doesnt mean i have no use for more powerful skills in the game. but it's kinda stupid to put such things so that certain groups of players feel like they're completely out of it.

Oh, you mean like what 95% of all MMO's out there to do PvP only players these days?  Forcing them to grind PvE content to gear for PvP or at the very least making the PvP based rewards so vastly inferior to the PvE based ones its laughable?  Welcome to the other side of the fence.

The best solution would be for you to go find virtually any other MMO on the market outside of maybe EVE and then you will not have to worry about "forced pvp" again.

Edited by Kryssie

Ex WoW guy complains about this games pvp

But likes its pve?

This is weird. Imo there is only shitty pve content and the game seems to build arounds its arena pvp.

Maybe your just playing the wrong game. Better go back to world of warcraft and pay blizzard the 12bucks for "beeing allowed to play their TOPgame" with no patches. This is not wow, and this means, the game will not give you everything you like with no effort.

Edited by Waynedetta

Senzura   

I agree they should do something about gears/skills requiring PVP as lets face it not everyone is here to pvp. I love blade and soul because of its design, story, graphics, combat and alot of different aspects but I dont live in america so I have problems in PVP due to lag/high ping so its not really fun for me to try. Not everyone likes PVP and which is why PVE is another aspect of MMO's. I believe the only thing PVP should  get you is additional quantities of what you can already get from PVE to make it fair.

Vexe   
1 hour ago, Silvanthis said:

PvP is the main charm and the most fun part of the game, so....yep.

You could also farm soulstones from Tomb of Exiles lol. ~3 per day. :p

Edited by Vexe

CycLee   
7 minutes ago, Mugi said:

as far as my choice of costume for my character goes too, it's worth a note that dark sandstorm (which i used for a week or so) is practically the only costume in the game that actually has pants. For that matter, im using pure evil now.

Well, Pure Evil has pants, you could also give it a shot to get red dwarf, beasthunter might be an option aswell or you try and farm infinite challange(plus side - your char as a Jin is actually the only female that knows how to wear these outfits)

*just some mentions that came into my mind as i've been reading this*

Vittora   
20 minutes ago, Asurastrike said:

that process may not always be an enjoyable experience. 

Did you miss this part? Gotta do what you gotta do for something you want.

1 hour ago, Mugi said:

i have nothing against pvp evne though im awful at it, but i'd prefer to just stay away really. But for me, combine forced pvp to playing blademaster and yeah, well *cricket* it.

i'll rather just not unlock the skill lol.

It seems you did imply you weren't going to work for it.

So what exactly is the argument? It's not that you don't deserve the whole skillset of your character. The skills are unlockable for a reason and that reason is you have to work for it endgame. Lucky for you, this game's endgame is PvP. So I think you should like somehow get them to change the whole focus of their game with a few measly posts.

Ive only had a few arena match Its fun but gets boring... knowing that theres only me and my who knows who opponent in that arena... well i cant even see the name... or they could just put "BOT 1 BOT 2" or something.... 

Mugi   

not exactly, but the idea of putting it in a token vendor for example, with a stupidly high token requirement as an option did cross my mind.

i dont play this game so that im always trying to stay at the high end of everything, so taking my time farming it alternate way wouldn't bother me  despite the fact that instead of couple days of pvp it would take me, say week or 2, maybe even more.

dont get me wrong with the whole pvp thing either, i do like it most of the time, i used to play pvp a lot on tera and comptetitive pvp was pretty fun in destiny (even thoug it's arguable if that game can be counted as any serious pvp game, since it's more or less an fps) I also do enjoy the occasional zergfests in open world in bns. Im not even actually sure why the arena doesnt interest me here. (obviously my class of choice combined to my awful ping is a part of it, but regardless of that.) It just doesnt. i dont feel like doing it and it would be nice to get to do my things without being forced to do so.

Indeed i did imply that i don't intend to work on it, but i do also intend to avoid it for as long as i can.

As someone earlier stated, you do get zenbeans despite losing matches, so it's just a few days of losefest farming for me to obtain the skill, not fun, definitely not my preferred way of doing it, but not exactly the end of the world, just annoying.

Well, Pure Evil has pants, you could also give it a shot to get red dwarf, beasthunter might be an option aswell or you try and farm infinite challange(plus side - your char as a Jin is actually the only female that knows how to wear these outfits)

*just some mentions that came into my mind as i've been reading this*

red dwarf is so far one of my actual favourites in the costume selection so far, but since obtaining fabric is basically limited to dismantling real money items, i've decided to put off trying to get it until something is done to that. (i dont mind the real money part, but im not gambling with real money, no thanks.)

what comes to infinite challenge, as it's name suggest, it is indeed rather infinite. My 10000++ treadtide tokens agree with this naming convention.

CycLee   

yeah i had luck with red dwarf (bought the fabrics from the market as they were still at a few silver) and even got the infinite challange after 6 or 7 runs (do you hate me now?) :)

Riktar85   

Posts like this make me Laugh, all these years of ppl saying its a pve game first with pvp added.... Ya, so this game is heavily pvp with pve. 

Brings a smile to my face.

amorent   
3 hours ago, Silvanthis said:

if you are gold or higher ranked , you can see each others' names.