Should I blame my BAD luck?

LastEdenian

Hi, I started this game few weeks ago, and I love this game now.

I like everything about this game, but I want to say something that makes me crazy.

I failed to get my upgrade weapon 24 TIMES. I opened 24 "Hujikar's treasure chest", it means I used 72 keys. The probability of this occurring is 2.4733%, so I think this does not happen frequently. BUT THIS IS NOT FUN. I play this game for fun, but this is definitely not a favorable situation. I could be calm down when I didn't get the "Jiangshi Raiment" after tons of trial, but I can't skip this.

I guess the only way to get out of this disaster is to use HongMoon Store.

Thank you so much.

I have found that on every class so far when opening weapon boxes I always seem to get every other classes weapons first, I have a feeling they purposely make it so the weapon of the class you are playing on has a much lower chance to drop, to try and convince as many people as possible to buy the keys for ncoin.

Just now, Azseri said:

I have found that on every class so far when opening weapon boxes I always seem to get every other classes weapons first, I have a feeling they purposely make it so the weapon of the class you are playing on has a much lower chance to drop, to try and convince as many people as possible to buy the keys for ncoin.

Too bad but nope. I've opened hujikar, pigsty and profane weapon boxes and got my weapons on 1st try w/ just normal keys.

5 minutes ago, raspada531 said:

Too bad but nope. I've opened hujikar, pigsty and profane weapon boxes and got my weapons on 1st try w/ just normal keys.

Without any releasing of chances there is no way to say either way for certain, however due to ncsoft cashgrabbing, I'd say it is far more likely for the former, if you get enough people 15 dice the .1% will roll a 90 several times in a row, while the other 99.9% wont, just because it is lower, doesn't make it impossible.

I just started a character on my second slot. At the stalker jiangshi I had 18 keys. Even after using all the keys a stalker weapon didn't drop for my class. Now, I can't use the marketplace yet, can't buy more keys since they're way outpriced for the level and there are no dailies to earn the keys from.

Now as you all know, the stalker weapon is required for evolving your weapon. It's not strictly required to advance, but it's very handy and running back takes enough time to not make it the first choice. If this was my first character and this happened, I'd be tempted to just leave the game.

3 hours ago, raspada531 said:

It's just plain bad luck; I know that feel.
Luckily for me though this kind of RNG only happened back when I tried to get stalker lynblade (used 20+ keys, which is a big deal in early levels).

3 hours ago, Cantthinkofaname123 said:

I just started a character on my second slot. At the stalker jiangshi I had 18 keys. Even after using all the keys a stalker weapon didn't drop for my class. Now, I can't use the marketplace yet, can't buy more keys since they're way outpriced for the level and there are no dailies to earn the keys from.

You can always just buy the blue weapons from the marketplace? & the Stalker weapon is blue. Keys are like a few silver each. Why waste them when you can buy your Stalker weapon for a few copper? Keep this tip in mind for future blue breakthrough weapons.

3 hours ago, raspada531 said:

That doesn't mean it's not rigged. It means you are extremely lucky. With over 500 chests open on 6 characters, I can say with certainty, that it's rigged, it's chinese RNG so that people grind and buy brilliant keys and chances of getting proper weapon are lower. And yeah, I got everything on first try on my Destroyer, doesn't change 150 chests to get one Golden Deva weapon.

Out of 500 chests I got exactly 27 weapons that I needed. I started counting only on my second character though. Just after those 150 chests. I didn't plan to count. Thank god after quitting the game you have a window where you can check what items and in what quantity you got.

5 minutes ago, Noxuming said:

Its all about luck.

I got lycan outfit set just 20 spins. (4 outfit boxes)

Are you dumb? Maybe because outfit isn't for different classes? This topic is about how drops for other CLASSES are more frequent that for YOUR class. Your cricketty lycan outfit is irrlevant.

@All hail no automerge... -.-

9 minutes ago, Vittora said:

You can always just buy the blue weapons from the marketplace? & the Stalker weapon is blue. Keys are like a few silver each. Why waste them when you can buy your Stalker weapon for a few copper? Keep this tip in mind for future blue breakthrough weapons.

That's the point. You can't access the marketplace until level 15 or whatever the limit is. Definitely not at level 10. Sure, getting to 15 isn't a big deal but it's still it's a few hours of playtime.

31 minutes ago, Duniak said:

Are you dumb? Maybe because outfit isn't for different classes? This topic is about how drops for other CLASSES are more frequent that for YOUR class. Your cricketty lycan outfit is irrlevant.

@All hail no automerge... -.-

My point is, its all about rng.

You could get same outfit many times from those boxes. So i dont see any difference between weapon chest & outfit chest.

Edit: just use brilliant moonwater key to get your weapon. Its not that expensive (3g?).

31 minutes ago, Noxuming said:

My point is, its all about rng.

You could get same outfit many times from those boxes. So i dont see any difference between weapon chest & outfit chest.

Edit: just use brilliant moonwater key to get your weapon. Its not that expensive (3g?).

1. Your point is irrelevant because he's talking about NCSoft RIGGING CHEST RNG SO PEOPLE BUY BRILLIANT KEYS. WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT ALL-CLASS OUTFIT THAT HAS ONE POSSIBLE DROP. WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR BRAIN.

2. More like 8g.

1 minute ago, Duniak said:

1. Your point is irrelevant because he's talking about NCSoft RIGGING CHEST RNG SO PEOPLE BUY BRILLIANT KEYS. WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT ALL-CLASS OUTFIT THAT HAS ONE POSSIBLE DROP. WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR BRAIN.

2. More like 8g.

I never had bad luck with RNG stuff so i dont know how it feels to fail that many times. I can see that your luck is shit and you are mad about it.

Yes, NCsoft rigging chest RNG so people buy brilliant keys. What's the point of making moonwater brilliant keys if its ez to get your specific weapon? "Brains pls"

5 hours ago, LastEdenian said:

I like everything about this game, but I want to say something that makes me crazy.

I failed to get my upgrade weapon 24 TIMES. I opened 24 "Hujikar's treasure chest", it means I used 72 keys. The probability of this occurring is 2.4733%, so I think this does not happen frequently. BUT THIS IS NOT FUN. I play this game for fun, but this is definitely not a favorable situation. I could be calm down when I didn't get the "Jiangshi Raiment" after tons of trial, but I can't skip this.

Thank you so much.

Its just bad luck mate, i got it in my like 7th try but i know a person who spent over 700 nightshade essences for the dark pirate outfit from the wheel of fate in nightshade harbor and he still does not have his outfit.

All you can do is buy one of those birlliant key for 8g or keep going at hujikar.  

The reason he doesn't have the outfit is because it is a drop instead, not from the wheel, we don't seem to have the same wheels as whichever version has it on the wheel, same with the bsc 24man wheel not having items that people mentioned in other versions.

25 minutes ago, Noxuming said:

I never had bad luck with RNG stuff so i dont know how it feels to fail that many times. I can see that your luck is shit and you are mad about it.

Yes, NCsoft rigging chest RNG so people buy brilliant keys. What's the point of making moonwater brilliant keys if its ez to get your specific weapon? "Brains pls"

1. Nah, idc, I have always have more gold than coppers and silvers. It's not my thread. Your idiocy brought me here.

2. I don't understand your logic. I got lucky on few chars, I opened over a hundred chests on other. They're not easy. They are hard to get more often than not, lots of people buy those brilliant keys because of that. I don't know which part you don't understand.

6 hours ago, LastEdenian said:

Thank you so much.

im sure you got a briliant moonwater key from the level up surveys.. why not use that to open the box? thats what i did

2 minutes ago, Duniak said:

1. Nah, idc, I have always have more gold than coppers and silvers. It's not my thread. Your idiocy brought me here.

2. I don't understand your logic. I got lucky on few chars, I opened over a hundred chests on other. They're not easy. They are hard to get more often than not, lots of people buy those brilliant keys because of that. I don't know which part you don't understand.

1. Nice if you have a lot of gold.

2. Yes, its hard to get your class specific weapon if your luck is bad.

Yes, people buying moonwater keys, because they doesnt want to try rng.

What was your argument this time?

7 hours ago, Azseri said:

The reason he doesn't have the outfit is because it is a drop instead, not from the wheel, we don't seem to have the same wheels as whichever version has it on the wheel, same with the bsc 24man wheel not having items that people mentioned in other versions.

The Dark Pirate outfit does drop from the wheel. The unfortunate thing is that it can drop on female toons and the Seductress/Temptress sets can drop on male toons. This is the only wheel in the game that does this. I've put in a ticket on it and been told that it's just part of chance with the game -_- Going to keep bumping the bug report thread though because it makes zero sense. None of the other wheels give cosmetics that are unusable for your class or character.

14 hours ago, LastEdenian said:

I failed to get my upgrade weapon 24 TIMES. I opened 24 "Hujikar's treasure chest", it means I used 72 keys. The probability of this occurring is 2.4733%, so I think this does not happen frequently.

2.43% means that for every 100 people, 2 and a half are getting the wrong weapon 24 times in a row.

There was a press release sometime back that there were over 1 million players.  That means, for each weapon upgrade, 24,300 people are getting the wrong item 24 times in a row.  So, it does happen frequently.  And a lot of those players are going to get upset and quit.

And I'd be inclined to argue RNG like this, with no safety net, is bad design.  Not only will there be outliers who go on long bad streaks, but there will be a LOT of said outliers.  IIRC in beta you could buy the brilliant keys with (admittedly) a lot of valor stones.  So if you keep doing your dailies, it shouldn't take you all to long to simply buy the brilliant key to guarantee success.  (Note:  Brilliant keys are occasionally available in the marketplace, so it's still feasible)

Archived