Prioritize Updating Premium To Match Other Regions Please ^_^

nestharus

8 minutes ago, Vysaek said:

What i meant is: The game is done. Yes, its alive and has players in it and the own it, but its business model its like a milking cow at this point. If i wanted to try the expansion I must pay for the game AGAIN with it, for example. And i didnt even mention the RNG boxes.

They lost a lot of money there.

That's how expansions work, were you expecting a free expansion? There's no milking about it, the game was never F2P, all paid games have paid expansions.

6 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Report show otherwise

CjuaRnt.jpg

The best part of that graph, GW2 NA/EU + tiny playerbase of China vs all Lineage regions, all Aion regions, all Blade and Soul regions, and yet they manage to show competitive numbers, this is the reason why NCWest let Anet take care of GW2, they are showing good numbers, our version of GW2 was making almost as much as the other BNS regions combined.

5 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Report show otherwise

CjuaRnt.jpg

Still don't get Lineage lol. I agree with the premise of the thread though. Premium membership just feels like a weak XP and Currency Buff. There is no other benefit to it unless you have $1,500+ to blow to reach Rank 10, and even then the perks you receive are things you would have as part of a base subscription in any other game.

4 minutes ago, Alukah said:

That's how expansions work, were you expecting a free expansion? There's no milking about it, the game was never F2P, all paid games have paid expansions.

Really? If i already own the game i have to buy it again along the expansion? Up to now i thought i had to buy only the expansion if i had already the game previously owned.

1 minute ago, LuckyAbrams said:

Still don't get Lineage lol. I agree with the premise of the thread though. Premium membership just feels like a weak XP and Currency Buff. There is no other benefit to it unless you have $1,500+ to blow to reach Rank 10, and even then the perks you receive are things you would have as part of a base subscription in any other game.

The graph is for all regions combined, Lineage is still very very successful in Korea.

Honestly, I'm surprised the numbers for BnS are so low.

Those charts of profit are biased at best, you have to see the time and what was selling in that time.

On GW2 they were selling the expansion, Blade and Soul was selling the Founder packs.... big things with big money in one single purchase, while Wildstar, for example, wasn't selling anything big, just items at the store, the same with almost the rest. When a product is hot it sells best and if the price is big the amount is big. Games with stable income are best in the long run, like Lineage.

In the other hand NcSoft don't even list GW or GW2 on their website and I'm sure they don't let "publishing freedom" with ease. Sure the public will never know the real details of a company if this one doesn't want to but I can bet NcSoft isn't taking so much of the GW2 cake as before.

And about DDO, they didn't release any big updates on the likes of Underdark but they release content pretty often, like Temple of Elemental Evil and the rework of old zones like Orchard of the Macabre or Vale of Twilight to name a few. The same with Lotro... Turbine isn't perfect but their model is good, the games are good, the only problem is that they are old games and no everyone wants/can appreciate them.

Also when I admit Age of Conan ended up being a little pay to win (purple gear on the store, good for pve and pvp), their Secret World is a piece of pure art with a buy to play model with cash shop with nothing really pay to win in it. I'm a lifer on that game, I play when there is something new and I love it... but isn't the cup of tea of everyone and I know it.

Need a premium only forum before we can have discussion on this. F2P just ruin these topics to keep premium benefits horrible so they get 99.5% of the game as premiums. I'm going to go F2P as soon as my sub is up in 6 days  but since the Daily Dash has became the Daily Trash I have been logging in less. The other regions get better Daily Dash than us in the west to. This will probably be my last NCSoft game if I can resist going back to Tera. Teras combat is just a little to slow now.

Talking about the different markets i will use Walmart as an example.  They did studies of Asian markets and western markets.  The average Asian consumer spends roughly 6 dollars a trip to Walmart and the average western consumer spends roughly 30 dollars a trip the difference being the Asian consumers make 6 to 7 trips a day to Walmart verses western consumers making 1 trip roughly.  So to correlate that, they can price the Asian markets at a lower cost and still gain more then the higher western prices.  

Personally i have spent way to much money on this game, i am sitting at rank 8 almost now now and still have coins in my wallet.  Spend way too much on supposed free to play games lol.

Well, I think we have several great suggestions here for B&S Premium Benefits

Any of the following options could work

1. Take some of the benefits that other regions have to offset cash shop costs. People in TW are very happy. They can live off of their sub, and if they want to, they can put a little extra in to get some seasonal item or something : ). This would make everyone continue to spend a little at a time. A $15/mo sub can turn into maybe a $30/mo to $60/mo sub, depending on what comes out (cost inflated by the additional micro transactions). There are no huge paywalls, instead just little micro transactions here and there or just a sub. This is more of an eastern model, but there are plenty of the games in the west that use this model as well. Players aren't necessarily happy, but they aren't flipping out on the forums either. This is acceptable.

2. Make it so that premium unlocks all core features of the game, but allow these core features to also be unlocked with money. Turbine games and Daybreak games do this. Turbine's model is <3. This is the model that the majority of players in the west love and is the model that should be embraced if you want to get western players to adore you ^_^. The other models will still make people feel semi-bitter. This model usually also includes a monthly stipend and the subscription usually covers ALL games by the company. The stipend is usually actual cash shop currency, which can be used for any of the games : ). I don't expect this, but this is the ideal model here. I almost guarantee that 90%+ of players will become subscribers with this model. In DDO, very few players weren't subscribers. Same goes with Daybreak games.

3. Slash costs of Dragon Pouches to match the costs of inventories in other MMORPGs. The costs of other items in the store already match other MMORPGs, contrary to popular opinion. Dragon Pouches are currently double the price. Vindictus gets along fine with more expensive costumes ($32) and inventory prices that are half the price. You have leeway to raise costume prices a bit (can go up by 50% depending on costume). What rubs people the wrong way is when you make core game features more expensive to unlock than any other MMORPG in history. These needs to be slashed by 50% at a bare minimum. With this model, you aren't going to have many subscribers. Vindictus sub rate is very low and this is the model that they follow. Their subscription benefits are also WAY better. With your current subscription benefits, don't expect much in the way of subscribers.

Option 4 (dreaded)

Keep things the way they are. People continue to rage on the forums about the enormous paywalls. Nobody subs. Game dies. gg. This MMORPG currently has record breaking paywalls, higher than any other MMORPG I know of in history. This game even makes Mobile F2P MMOs look cheap! Yes, the SUPER EXPENSIVE F2P Mobile Games! Those games anger the PC gamers like no other. Other regions have offset these paywalls with option 1. NA/EU can do it another way if they want to. However, the paywalls must be addressed : P. Don't be that one region that nobody wants to be on, like Vindictus EU.

I subbed for 2 years and dumped a lot of money towards rank 10 in good faith that the game would improve and that the subscription benefits would change : ). Please don't disappoint. A lot of the $$ that is coming in right now is on the premise of improvement.

24 minutes ago, Vysaek said:

Really? If i already own the game i have to buy it again along the expansion? Up to now i thought i had to buy only the expansion if i had already the game previously owned.

You aren't buying the game "again", expansions are supposed to have as much content as the base game when it launched and they are not mandatory, it's almost as buying a continuation of the game, that's exactly how expansions work for WoW, FFXIV and any other paid game.

The money they get from gem sales work fine for regular content updates, paying employees and keeping the game alive, but expansions are too big to go off just cash shop (or sub in case of p2p games).

15 minutes ago, Vengerin said:

Those charts of profit are biased at best, you have to see the time and what was selling in that time.

On GW2 they were selling the expansion, Blade and Soul was selling the Founder packs.... big things with big money in one single purchase, while Wildstar, for example, wasn't selling anything big, just items at the store, the same with almost the rest. When a product is hot it sells best and if the price is big the amount is big. Games with stable income are best in the long run, like Lineage.

In the other hand NcSoft don't even list GW or GW2 on their website and I'm sure they don't let "publishing freedom" with ease. Sure the public will never know the real details of a company if this one doesn't want to but I can bet NcSoft isn't taking so much of the GW2 cake as before.

And about DDO, they didn't release any big updates on the likes of Underdark but they release content pretty often, like Temple of Elemental Evil and the rework of old zones like Orchard of the Macabre or Vale of Twilight to name a few. The same with Lotro... Turbine isn't perfect but their model is good, the games are good, the only problem is that they are old games and no everyone wants/can appreciate them.

Also when I admit Age of Conan ended up being a little pay to win (purple gear on the store, good for pve and pvp), their Secret World is a piece of pure art with a buy to play model with cash shop with nothing really pay to win in it. I'm a lifer on that game, I play when there is something new and I love it... but isn't the cup of tea of everyone and I know it.

They aren't biased, in fact you're the biased here because you're only focusing on the last quarter, look at the whole graph and you will see in previous quarters BnS revenue and GW2 revenue weren't far off.

Second, NCSoft OWNS Arenanet, so it doesn't matter if NCWest or ANet publishes it, they still get money.

Wildstar is low in that list because it pretty much failed, they had to go F2P and lay off the majority of people working on it and not even after going F2P the game is looking good, at this rate I don't think they will keep the game.

2 minutes ago, Alukah said:

Wildstar is low in that list because it pretty much failed, they had to go F2P and lay off the majority of people working on it and not even after going F2P the game is looking good, at this rate I don't think they will keep the game.

They should have gifted it to Nexon as a thank you for stepping back and selling their parts.

12 minutes ago, Alukah said:

You aren't buying the game "again", expansions are supposed to have as much content as the base game when it launched and they are not mandatory, it's almost as buying a continuation of the game, that's exactly how expansions work for WoW, FFXIV and any other paid game.

We agree on that but you are not understanding what i said. Look, i know my english isnt good but please read xD

With Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns you had to buy the again Guild Wars 2 along with it. I am not saying or complaining for paying an expansion. I have played FFXI, FXIV and payed for those games. With Gw2 you had to buy the expansion and the game again in the same pack and value combined even if you owned the game before, you cant buy only the expansion.

Unless they changed that recently, that is,

Honestly I feel they need to focus less on Premium at the moment and more on actual game fixes. 

I get it, people spend money on premium and all and it would be better for them to have more deserving rewards but as it currently is, the game is more broken than it is not broken. And I don't just mean in balances of classes or certain bugs, I mean the way certain game mechanics work too. Better for them to improve the gameplay so that people who do use Premium can actually enjoy the game as opposed to having serious problems that they have to constantly report. 

If they get game fixes in (legit optimization, removing exploitable systems such as Master Loot etc.), that pretty much gives them as much time as they need to work on premium or other things in the game that may need fixing like balances on characters. 

10 minutes ago, Alukah said:

Take a look in GW2 at the expansion sale, it says: Include the base game.

You can't buy the base game appart since they are selling the expansion and if you bought the game before hand you get zero, no discount or anything. Sorry, but if that prize (and isn't cheap and coming with a new class the basic pack didn't come with a slot for character) is expansion plus game and I'm already owning the game, they are asking me to pay twice.

I play FFXIV too and when Heavensward came, I had only to purchase the expansion... not a bundle with the base game. In WoW, back in the day, you had to pay for Lich King or Burning, not if you was already playing WoW and paying a sub.

Sorry, but GW2 is a stone on my shoe for a time. I was an avid player of GW and GW2 and an A-net fangirl till some douche moves from them and NcSoft as a company, like the expansion thing... and about NcSoft, Arena-Net and Gw2, there was a lot of heat in sites and so on about them splitting up. Dunno if is true or is gonna become true but again the topic was about the sub and its value... and I think they can make it better.

I'm loving Blade and Soul and I don't want the game to take ground because NcSoft is too greedy with western customers.

1 hour ago, Vysaek said:

We agree on that but you are not understanding what i said. Look, i know my english isnt good but please read xD

With Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns you had to buy the again Guild Wars 2 along with it. I am not saying or complaining for paying an expansion. I have played FFXI, FXIV and payed for those games. With Gw2 you had to buy the expansion and the game again in the same pack and value combined even if you owned the game before, you cant buy only the expansion.

Unless they changed that recently, that is,

That was just bad wording that got rectified later, as the base game became free, which was the original intention.

1 hour ago, Vengerin said:

Take a look in GW2 at the expansion sale, it says: Include the base game.

You can't buy the base game appart since they are selling the expansion and if you bought the game before hand you get zero, no discount or anything. Sorry, but if that prize (and isn't cheap and coming with a new class the basic pack didn't come with a slot for character) is expansion plus game and I'm already owning the game, they are asking me to pay twice.

I play FFXIV too and when Heavensward came, I had only to purchase the expansion... not a bundle with the base game. In WoW, back in the day, you had to pay for Lich King or Burning, not if you was already playing WoW and paying a sub.

Sorry, but GW2 is a stone on my shoe for a time. I was an avid player of GW and GW2 and an A-net fangirl till some douche moves from them and NcSoft as a company, like the expansion thing... and about NcSoft, Arena-Net and Gw2, there was a lot of heat in sites and so on about them splitting up. Dunno if is true or is gonna become true but again the topic was about the sub and its value... and I think they can make it better.

I'm loving Blade and Soul and I don't want the game to take ground because NcSoft is too greedy with western customers.

See above, it was just bad wording, they always intended to charge that much for the expansion itself, while people who didn't own the base game would pretty much get it for free, but after people complained they clarified their intentions, and went further ahead by making the base game free even if you didn't buy the expansion.

9 minutes ago, Alukah said:

See above, it was just bad wording, they always intended to charge that much for the expansion itself, while people who didn't own the base game would pretty much get it for free, but after people complained they clarified their intentions, and went further ahead by making the base game free even if you didn't buy the expansion.

And with bad wording and not a single recognition for time and full price of the game, after I dealed with a terrible, really, really terrible, early access, amazingly bad release, events so laggy that I was playing a comic book and content they place and take out and things that limited a lot having multiple characters (they corrected mostly, but was very late for me) even when they market the game as 'casual', they lost me on GW2 as a customer and I didn't buy the expansion. It was just a drop in a very full glass... I don't care if they later make the game free to play and you only have to buy the expansion... Back in the day they promised a lot of content and the same model as GW1, they even spoke of the other continents like they were going to be the expansions (like in GW1, even when they didn't say that per se, they implied mentioning the model) but one freaking three floors map, a dragon, couple of raids and a class doesn't make an expansion, not for me almost. That's a dlc at best... a freaking 45€ dlc with no slots for character whatsoever.

Archived