The Hate for Summoner

Geraton

12 minutes ago, Vanquishz said:

I dont think so, even without the cat, you have cc and damage, stealt (ridiculous), this is unfair, it should be if cat die sum should die too. fk bullshit.

2sec daze from skill pointed Thorn Strike (-2 focus, 24sec cooldown), 8sec snare from Weed Whack (-2 focus, 24sec cooldown). Maybe a 3sec snare from skill pointed SS.

One can be escaped with F, the other can be escaped with SS, the short snare will be resisted or they'll wait and crush us afterwards.

Dandelion will be baited and a charge+stunlock will follow.

The damage will drop, coz the summoner will be using his focus on survival now. 0 focus --> no dandelion --> dead.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vanquishz said:

I dont think so, even without the cat, you have cc and damage, stealt (ridiculous), this is unfair, it should be if cat die sum should die too. fk bullshit.

On 2/15/2016 at 3:55 PM, beowolf said:

Two, you concluded that the big issue is the summoner's mechanics.  Wrong.  They don't want mechanics.  Most players don't even want parity or PVP balance.  They just want summoners deleted, or in League terms, Riot'd until they're irrelevant.  They want their BM Kirito or their Ass Snake or whatever to be winners.  Summoners aren't popular, and they difficult initial challenges for the most popular classes (BM and Ass/KFM afterwards iirc).  Destroyers, the early counter to summoners, are also historically underrepresented.  

Agree with AxeWife. Beowolf made a very insightful post.

2 hours ago, Kure said:

Agree with AxeWife. Beowolf made a very insightful post.

whats so insightful. if they are unpopular and make up between 30 and 50% of 1600+ ratings then thats just even more proof that something is horribly wrong with the balance.

And what statistic tells you destros are underrepresented? evry stat ive seen in the last week shows them equal/barely behind BDs in arena.

So ya, you can play the victim role but facts just paint a very different picture

What's insightful?  I actually don't know, but they were quoting the excessive hate part, to the point where it's no longer about balancing summoners, but more like "They kill me so they must be nerfed and I need buffs" typical forum trash.  

I don't believe 1600 is a fair enough ELO to judge.  If you really looked at the stats (Feb 23 rank distribution), you would notice that all classes, BM included (poor them I'll admit), have a nice curve of high population lower rank into low population higher rank...except summoners, who have a disproportionately high representation ( 3-1 is it?) up until around the 1890ELO right below plat.  Afterwards they drastically drop in number, to the point where their numbers compare slightly above KFM (1.5-1?) IIRC.  Still high, and that may need addressing.  But to the extent that "zomg sums take no skill I could be diamond using sums but instead I'm a silver ass" threads are around, no.  They probably haven't seen plat in their lives, let alone diamond.

I was using a demographic statistic in CBT that surveyed all classes played period.  As in, y'know, people play the game.  And BMs and Asses are the most played class in the game, to a tune of 1.7 BMS to 1 destroyer.  I might have erred saying they're underrepresented (edit, I did say that), but I said summoners and destroyers were originally less popular than BMs and Asses.  Obviously, an unpopular class that counters popular classes and countered by an even more rare class would be disproportionately complained about.  

I'm not playing the victim.  I get that sums are powerful, but I judge that based on the 1900+ ELO where the metagame is much more balanced after the summoner threshold.  So ya.  On the other hand, facts just paint that while I'm not playing the victim, you are playing a comparatively low ELO.

@BMP: Beowolf already responded, but read the bold and compare it to the post before. As a relatively new player, all the hate for summoners in forums was kind of overwhelming. While what beowolf said isn't true for all people who complain about summoners, it explains a lot of the chaos.

when you spend hours and hours leveling and getting better in a pvp focused game and then get steamrolled by some dude basicly just pressing some buttons ofcourse people get angry. is it going too far at times? sure. ad hominem is not needed.

But fact is summoners are vastly overrepresented at gold to diamond, have more tools then any other class ,are the easiest to play and the overall strongest class right now.

and yes im not playing at 2k+ rating on my chars. But im playing 3 different classes in arena gold to plat and speak to many others. People are quitting over the current situation. And when you need to be in the 0.5% where obviously player skill starts to decide most things then really thats still a huge *cricket*ing problem. Cause this does hurt the game in the short and longterm and 99.5% of the playerbase are unhappy to plain furious at the state of the game.

Goal should be somewhat equal strength and skill required for the same results. this obv is not the case. this is a problem. end of story.

Well, after coming back into game and trying to continue doing usual stuff as I did before, I realized I had a reason to leave once, because I do not enjoy the game as I did anymore :x Theres no problem about class or something (since you guys know what class I obviously play *kit-kat*) :D The problem is the game becomes more and more unplayable for me with every single update lol...I thought this game was supposed to develop itself, but now it seems to me that the opposite is becoming the more real.

I am not sure if anybody else experiences these issues, but once everything is fine for me, another update comes and screws my whole gameplay experience, especially the lags in dungeons and arenas. I dont even care if this counts as a complain or not, because Ive just wasted 3 hours doing damn mushin tower. Im able to do the whole tower in 15 mins or so, but now I couldnt even get through 5th boss because the regular 2 - 3 second delays didnt allow me to make it in time. When I finally got it, I tried doing Jung like 15 times and it always lagged below 20% so much I was just dead... and Jung has become pretty easy boss to me since Ive learned its techniques.

Tired of counting the hours wasted in game for nothing. I would accept failing in arena all day because Im not experienced enough or so, but having these lags, while everything else goes just great on my pc frustrates me. Counting all the hours Ive played, I would say like 75% of the gametime I was swearing cuz of these issues :( I had big hopes for this game, because I personally thought this is the best one I have played or ever will be playing. 

Just to mention some (unbalance, bots, hax, performance issues, optimization, raging community), I mean, many many many stuff ruining this game. It makes me actually thinking this game has all these stuff, which Ive never yet experienced all together in any other mmo :D Now Im not sure if I should take the pros over the cons, because atm the second one seems to be winning to me :x 

I cant even see any source of enjoyment anymore, like, feeling disgusted just to think about going to party dungeons :s

P.S: Just wanted to bump the topic so it wont become inactive :p

+ If you got tired after 2nd paragraph, Im actually glad, cause it was supposed to be the alternative for Good night fairytale. :x  so have fun yet and good nighty guys :)

Heck, I'm biting. I enjoy this kinda thing anyways.

@Ari-Shadow: Because who doesn't play BnS for the sole purpose of seeing their dream girl they'll never have? Funny how it's either they're young or perverts. Guess it's a stretch to tag all summoners with both insults at once, bunch'a 12 y/o pedos prancing around with their furry companions and showering innocent swordsmen with flower lasers.

Usually there's some truth to most any view. Could be the random going to forums to complain about the class of the guy that just went 100-0 on him. Could be the guy trying to defend his OP class. Instead of insulting whoever doesn't hold your view, try seeing if the section of the player base you disagree with aren't entirely raving madmen.

Example: Maybe summoners stomp really hard in lower ELO but it lessens up a bit later. Maybe at higher ELO they're still a bit unbalanced because of adjustments for higher level content.

See? Some truth from all sides in there. Catch more flies with honey and all that. It's posts like yours that make people think a good chunk of your position is full of whiners who need to "get gud," in more ways than just the game.

55 minutes ago, Kure said:

Heck, I'm biting. I enjoy this kinda thing anyways.

@Ari-Shadow: Because who doesn't play BnS for the sole purpose of seeing their dream girl they'll never have? Funny how it's either they're young or perverts. Guess it's a stretch to tag all summoners with both insults at once, bunch'a 12 y/o pedos prancing around with their furry companions and showering innocent swordsmen with flower lasers.

Usually there's some truth to most any view. Could be the random going to forums to complain about the class of the guy that just went 100-0 on him. Could be the guy trying to defend his OP class. Instead of insulting whoever doesn't hold your view, try seeing if the section of the player base you disagree with aren't entirely raving madmen.

Example: Maybe summoners stomp really hard in lower ELO but it lessens up a bit later. Maybe at higher ELO they're still a bit unbalanced because of adjustments for higher level content.

See? Some truth from all sides in there. Catch more flies with honey and all that. It's posts like yours that make people think a good chunk of your position is full of whiners who need to "get gud," in more ways than just the game.

1)Dont use "ELO" LOL player, not all know what it means , try to use "rank".

2)If cats OP ONLY on LOW ranks, why in TOP 5 of EUROPE we have 4 cats?

3)On 50+5 level cat will not use ONLY NO ESCAPE 7 sec grab?

Why i can escape from ALL grabs and not cat?

Or cat's will lose grass with 10 sec BLOCK and MOVE disable?

10 sec you are almost in stun, because you can't defend your self or counter atack back.

Cat is ONLY class with who if you lose SS = you lose TAB escape.

Or on high level cat will lose over 50% HP heal each 30 sec?

Even DM need to use shield for 25% HP heal and get in shiel breaker combo, even DM need to risk for 25% HP heal.

Maybe cat will lose ONLY in game penta hit with 2 sec stun?

There NO class that have penta hit with stun.

Ow, mb Seed Shroud will lose 4% HP heal + 25% HP shield + 1 sec immune + inviz?

Most OP block in game.

Or in 50lvl future Cat will lose pet's escape skill?

So cool when summiner and cat have escapes!

Or cat will lose most easy pet ressurection from all MMORPGs i have seen?

5 sec beach ass cry - 100% HP pet...nice balance.

Realy, why ppl hate cats?

"I see no reson."

5 hours ago, Ari-Shadow said:

ELO originates from chess.

Warlocks in World of Warcraft had and have a far easier time resurrecting their pet.

I don't like Summoners and think (and have confirmed by playing one myself) that they are overpowered, but I don't like stupid people either.

I just hate the fact that the cat can grab you out of the *cricket*ing air. It literally glitches you out of your air combo. If that wasn't enough, they removed Destroyer air combo landing aoe knockdown, so even if the summoner timed their cat skills wrong, they won't get punished for it...

I don't really have a problem with the class itself, they are pretty easy to beat for me, but these glitches do my head in.

"I see no reson."

You did a great job explaining why.

Because you don't know much about the class and are complaining about summoners doing things summoners CAN'T do.

2)If cats OP ONLY on LOW ranks, why in TOP 5 of EUROPE we have 4 cats?

3)On 50+5 level cat will not use ONLY NO ESCAPE 7 sec grab?

Why i can escape from ALL grabs and not cat?

Or cat's will lose grass with 10 sec BLOCK and MOVE disable?

10 sec you are almost in stun, because you can't defend your self or counter atack back.

Cat is ONLY class with who if you lose SS = you lose TAB escape.

Or on high level cat will lose over 50% HP heal each 30 sec?

Even DM need to use shield for 25% HP heal and get in shiel breaker combo, even DM need to risk for 25% HP heal.

Maybe cat will lose ONLY in game penta hit with 2 sec stun?

There NO class that have penta hit with stun.

Ow, mb Seed Shroud will lose 4% HP heal + 25% HP shield + 1 sec immune + inviz?

Most OP block in game.

Or in 50lvl future Cat will lose pet's escape skill?

So cool when summiner and cat have escapes!

"I see no reson."

i can't believe i'm biting, but...

1) elo is a chess term.

2) there's many different factors it could be, but any of them could also be wrong. people are having constant lag/desync issues in arena, summoner is forgiving as a class, etc. there's several different reasons it could be like that.

3) ... what? you can escape from it fine. Grapple bugging out the trinket escape is a bug, not a feature.

4) uh, Summoners don't have a 50% heal. it's a 20% heal or a 5% heal and 5 hits of iframes that are both depleted by hits and resists.

5) different classes are different? Lunge stuns on the second and fourth hit.

6) you do realize you have to spec for each of those, right? you can only spec into either the 4% heal or the 25% health shield, which, only works if you don't hit the Seed Shroud. they don't get 1 second of immunity either. they get 1 second to resist 1 attack.

7) are you talking about Tag Team? you do realize its interrupted by damage, right?

8) if you let the summoner revive their pet, that's your own god damned fault.

literally the only thing you got right was the fact that Flying Nettles disables defensive skills when you're inside the radius.

• 2 weeks later...

When a certain person complain that summoner is too op ,you don't really understand what it means .It means that his skills do too much damage when they hit you , thats mean i must do 3 sets of sucessed combos to kill an sumoner he kills me with 1 set of sucessed combos .And thats my friends is called unballenced 

I've reached Plat on my BM finally, and had to face an army of Summoners in order to do so. It was a struggle. My opinions towards Summoners has changed a bit, but some things remain the same.

Here is why I feel people dislike Summoners in PvP:

1) They are obnoxious to fight against. You might not consider it a 2v1 since it's 1 person controlling the cat + summoner, and they share the same kit, but the fact remains that the summoner's opponent must deal with 2 entities, while the summoner only has to deal with 1 entity unless faced with another pet wielding class. 2v1 doesn't necessarily make them OP, it makes the obnoxious. It's 2 things that can inflict harm to your 1, and 2 things to consider when faced against one.

2) Their kit is designed to annoy the hell out of you. It's that kind of, "nana nana nah nah, you can't catch me" kind of gameplay that the game forces upon you due to how the kit is constructed. This type of gameplay infuriates people to the point of not wanting to play video games with you anymore. Players just want an honest fight, and Summoners refuse to give it to you.

3) The fact that the cat and summoner can rescue each other. This goes back to the 2v1 issue. When the cat pins you down, you don't have a little buddy to help you out of your bad spot, summoners do. If you get the cat in a bad spot, summoners rescue the cat. You got the summoner in a combo? Cat saves the day. It feels unfair because if you're not a summoner, nobody is coming to rescue you.

4) They're easy to use. Nobody wants the easiest to play class to also be one of the strongest in the game. It gives very little incentive to play and learn other classes, when you're rewarded so heavily for taking the easy route. I feel that summoners, in this current patch, are rewarded way too much, for very little effort put in. Cat pin into Sunflower spam takes little to no skill, but is clearly very effective.

5) You're FoTM material. Not only do people find you the most obnoxious class to face in 1v1, there's many of you. So many people jumped on the summoner hype train, choo choo, and certain gamers look down upon those who follow the FoTM trends. You're not true gamers in the sense, but a bunch of power hungry mongrels ready pounce on the next class that offers you zomg free wins.

6) They're nearly fool proof. For almost every tactic people devise against you, you have a counter for it. Rush down the cat? Tank mode and heal. Rush down the summoner? Cat saves the day. Wanna hit me? Think again. Killed my cat? Heal and stall. The player facing the summoner must play at an unreasonably high level, in order to capitalize on the summoner's tiny punishment window, OR ELSE.

7) Because your class has no business being in a 1v1 arena based, skill based, action PvP game. Summoners just don't belong. Point blank period.

People are bitching because they dont understand how to play  summoner and they think the cat is doing everything by himself. 

You literally have to control 2 characters and need bots to be healthy.

a summoner that has his cat dead isint doing good anymore.

a lot of people burst everything they have on a crouching cat and that's a retarded action.

1 hour ago, Summener99 said:

People are bitching because they dont understand how to play  summoner and they think the cat is doing everything by himself. 

You literally have to control 2 characters and need bots to be healthy.

a summoner that has his cat dead isint doing good anymore.

a lot of people burst everything they have on a crouching cat and that's a retarded action.

5 out of 5, nice troll

Archived