Suggestion about Outfits

Zellogi

So, I recently got the Dark Pirate King (or w/e its called) outfit, but sadly it's on my Female Lyn, so it's useless. I can't trade it in any form, can't salvage it for fabrics, so the only thing I can do is just discard it. This is bullshit though, and I've thought of a solution to this problem. Make the outfits untradeable, except for your own characters.

I get why they're not tradeable, the market would be flooded with them and it would be another way to skip grinding. You want us to earn the outfits. Okay. What about the Valor Stones? Some outfits use those, and we can mail (to our alts) any unused or unneeded Valor Stones. Outfits should follow the same thing. That way, in case we get an outfit that's gender-exclusive, on a gender that can't wear it, we can mail it to an alt that can use it, instead of just throwing it away. It just seems pointless to allow us to get these outfits, but if we can't wear them, just throw them away? Some of these outfits have really bad drop rates, so that just seems like a waste of time.

Thoughts?

Uhm, it's the same thing with the wardrobe discussion. To many people trashed their costumes wich are unable to use or took to much inventory space, I don't think a fix will be given in these matters since it's way to late to do something about it.

People would be *cricket*ed over & surely pissed, if this kind of an option would be enabled after so many people just destroying their outfits.

9 minutes ago, 16Letters said:

Uhm, it's the same thing with the wardrobe discussion. To many people trashed their costumes wich are unable to use or took to much inventory space, I don't think a fix will be given in these matters since it's way to late to do something about it.

People would be *cricket*ed over & surely pissed, if this kind of an option would be enabled after so many people just destroying their outfits.

Yes they would, but it's also their fault for throwing them away without waiting to see if NCSoft would incorporate something like this. I personally don't have issues with inventory space, and I've never bought a single dragon pouch ever. So I dunno what kind of shit they're saving lol

Just now, Zellogi said:

Yes they would, but it's also their fault for throwing them away without waiting to see if NCSoft would incorporate something like this. I personally don't have issues with inventory space, and I've never bought a single dragon pouch ever. So I dunno what kind of shit they're saving lol

Good thing it is not a personal matter.

"We can't fix a bad situation because it would disappoint the people who where already screwed over by it, so we must instead screw over the entire playerbase for the rest of the lifetime of the game so people don't feel some anger they'll get over anyway"

Seriously, that's what I hear when people say "We can't add outfit trading/salvaging because it's unfair to players who already junked their extra outfits" Yes, it's a disappointment, but those players will also be able to get value out of future outfit drops, so they'll get benefit too in the long run and be able to get over it. Arguing against an improvement because you already lost out is cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

The fact of the matter is, getting useless drops is simply bad design. Period. You should never get COMPLETELY useless drops in this kind of game, that's worse than no drop. Vendor trash junk is still "useful" because you can trade it for gold, other class weapoins are still useful because if they're not tradeable ones, you can always feed them to your hongmoon weapon or salvage them to dust. But outfits you can't wear literally do nothing. And you can't even give them to people who would really want them. It's bad design that breeds frustration. 

They definitely need to be salvageable to fabric. It would solve the problem of useless clothes and duplicate drops, and even give NCsoft another RNG gold/grind sink as people dump the extra gold and resources to transmute the fabric.

If they're holding out for whales to salvage $20 outfits to RNG a new one that's kind of messed up. Only getting fabric from expensive cash shop costumes is unreasonable. If I spend that much cash on an outfit it's because I want THAT outfit. If you're going to do that, just cut the BS, remove the fabric transmutation system and put ALL the transmute costumes in an RNG cash shop lockbox and charge $50 for that lockbox. I would hate that, by the way, but it's effectively the same thing, so at least that would be honest about how that system works and cut out these ridiculous extra steps. 

Personally I'm against the fact that there's so many untradeable weapons and gear in the first place and there's a bit too much forced grind for specific drops. It's cool to have a few rare skins and things like that, but this game is flipped so that most skins are like that with few a rare tradable ones. I don't think NCsoft will change that though, but I DO expect them to do something about outfit salvaging.

9 hours ago, TheLastLoner said:

Let me just stop you right there  my friend.

As a F2P player YOU CANNOT USE MAILS IN GAME. You cannot send any mail to anyone, not even yourself nothing 0 Zeroooooo

ok

now what about your idea again?

Some people only see their nose me thinks. *cricket*

Let me stop you right there, bud.
Go to the vault/marketplace/mail guy in town to send mail.
Now what was your post again?
Some people don't take time to learn things in game me thinks. *cricket*

On 2/14/2016 at 4:51 PM, Cesura said:

"We can't fix a bad situation because it would disappoint the people who where already screwed over by it, so we must instead screw over the entire playerbase for the rest of the lifetime of the game so people don't feel some anger they'll get over anyway"

Seriously, that's what I hear when people say "We can't add outfit trading/salvaging because it's unfair to players who already junked their extra outfits" Yes, it's a disappointment, but those players will also be able to get value out of future outfit drops, so they'll get benefit too in the long run and be able to get over it. Arguing against an improvement because you already lost out is cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

The fact of the matter is, getting useless drops is simply bad design. Period. You should never get COMPLETELY useless drops in this kind of game, that's worse than no drop. Vendor trash junk is still "useful" because you can trade it for gold, other class weapoins are still useful because if they're not tradeable ones, you can always feed them to your hongmoon weapon or salvage them to dust. But outfits you can't wear literally do nothing. And you can't even give them to people who would really want them. It's bad design that breeds frustration. 

They definitely need to be salvageable to fabric. It would solve the problem of useless clothes and duplicate drops, and even give NCsoft another RNG gold/grind sink as people dump the extra gold and resources to transmute the fabric.

If they're holding out for whales to salvage $20 outfits to RNG a new one that's kind of messed up. Only getting fabric from expensive cash shop costumes is unreasonable. If I spend that much cash on an outfit it's because I want THAT outfit. If you're going to do that, just cut the BS, remove the fabric transmutation system and put ALL the transmute costumes in an RNG cash shop lockbox and charge $50 for that lockbox. I would hate that, by the way, but it's effectively the same thing, so at least that would be honest about how that system works and cut out these ridiculous extra steps. 

Personally I'm against the fact that there's so many untradeable weapons and gear in the first place and there's a bit too much forced grind for specific drops. It's cool to have a few rare skins and things like that, but this game is flipped so that most skins are like that with few a rare tradable ones. I don't think NCsoft will change that though, but I DO expect them to do something about outfit salvaging.

Couldn't agree more with you my friend. Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way. Having in mind that games keep developing and coming up with new stuff, I believe we should have more options to do with the things we farm/acquire/buy rather than having less options to do so. I mean come on.. it's 21st century for god's sake.. 

On 2/14/2016 at 9:57 AM, IntX said:

You can't suggest anything in this game! This game is following the asian-version by every expansion.
You should check the asian-version to look into the future of the EU/NA-version

We don't have to. If the developers had a brain, we could release shit not on the asian versions, like, for example, account-bound costumes. They did it with many other items, all they'd have to do is apply it to costumes and bam, we're unique.

There is the one-time use item that will be coming out (soon?) that will allow us to mail cosmetic items to our other characters. If NC was really smart and wanted to make boatloads of cash, they would allow it to work on all cosmetics and not just the ones purchased from HM store. Don't hold your breath though...

Archived