BnS Improvements Megathread

NueHoujuu

Connection to servers is horrible and only thing NCsoft does is say its consumers connection. After head start ended game become unplayable for me and i had to test out WTfast which improved my ping to 40-50 and game become playable again and now even with multiconnection wtfast im getting 60-70 ping while before it was 40-50.

On 2/14/2016 at 7:03 AM, NueHoujuu said:
  • AFK Players have a stricter time limit while in a cross-server dungeon, and are also excluded from drops and bids if they are not in the boss room. Note: Requiring them to do X damage to the boss will only allow high levels to annoy lower levels and block them from getting drops.
  • Remove fire walls from dungeons. Remove instant kill turrets from dungeons. Replace them with the same kind of portals used to change instances in the world. Make it so the portal becomes red once all players have gone through it, and only becomes passable again if all players die and resurrect. This is what we need in front of boss doors. Not the ad-hoc attempt at anti-virus that is there now.

I have to disagree in terms of damage.  if the "x" is low enough, it'll be just fine in normal circumstances, but will deter people being in a dungeon where they have no business.  (i.e. a lvl 24 in skittering tunnels).

As for the fire walls, I'd far prefer an airlock system than a portal you can only go through once.  An airlock system would also prevent the whole "high level racing through and soloing boss leaving everybody else is running to catch up."  That scenario may be fast, but isn't fun.  The far door (wall of flame) wouldn't open until everybody is past (safely past) the near door (wall of flame).

I noticed this on the list but I didn't see if anyone had addressed it.

To BOLD text on the forums, highlight the intended text and press Ctrl+B -- the default Windows shortcut for bold.  If you use a non-Windows OS then use whatever keyboard shortcut applies.  You can also just press Ctrl+B at the start of a word, phrase, or sentence and you'll be typing in bold.  Ctrl+B again to switch it off.  There is no UI element in the text editor to show this, but it should be relatively intuitive.

Added a note about Legendary Weapons.

• Release legendary boxes with Naryu Labrynth that can only be opened at a later update. The purpose of this is to allow us to farm them now, but only be able to open them once the NA version of BnS is developed to a point where it is viable for players to actually upgrade for their legendary weapon.

(It was stated during the Warlock Week livestream that they aren't being released yet because players don't have enough in-game methods of obtaining the upgrade materials to level up a legendary weapon, so they have to release it some other time).

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/184717-naryu-lab-no-legendary-opinions-on-better-solutions/#comment-1720910

* lag

* bots

* new sexy outfits. By new I mean not in the game at this time on any client. Completely new along the lines of Dark Angel, Showgirl, Temptress, Seductress, Pinchy's outfit, you get the idea. Feel free to charge $20, $30, $50, $100 for them, just please no RNG

Anything else is a wish list.

On 2/25/2016 at 0:44 PM, GnatB said:

I have to disagree in terms of damage.  if the "x" is low enough, it'll be just fine in normal circumstances, but will deter people being in a dungeon where they have no business.  (i.e. a lvl 24 in skittering tunnels).

As for the fire walls, I'd far prefer an airlock system than a portal you can only go through once.  An airlock system would also prevent the whole "high level racing through and soloing boss leaving everybody else is running to catch up."  That scenario may be fast, but isn't fun.  The far door (wall of flame) wouldn't open until everybody is past (safely past) the near door (wall of flame).

Yeah instead of x%, "you have to hit the boss".

Then it's technically no different than the Stalker Jiangshi... which isn't really all that bad. There's no class that can hit higher than like 10k right now.

I wish NCSOFT would give a state of the game address or some sort of information on what they are working on and/or how far along those things are in development. Better yet they should address the wants and suggestions made by the player base.

For Example: I know they mentioned they were working on a purchasable item to allow costume transfers between alts. But most of the player base is/was in disagreement with the purchasable aspect of it. But there is no other info on that incoming item. Is it a one time purchase for all outfits or a per outfit purchase? will it only work on Hongmoon Store outfits or entire wardrobe? is the outfit permanently unlocked or once its transferred we need to repurchase to transfer again? 

They dont seem to acknowledge a lot of the suggestions made here. I think the majority of the player base will agree, and stick around longer, if these changes were implemented. From the live-streams hearing "no there are no plans for XYZ" for the majority of the questions asked, is very disheartening. And most of the time the questions and suggestions are not even game breaking, just quality of life changes that'll make the players happy. Last I heard happy players play longer.

I really hope NCSOFT takes a look at these suggestions. 

On 2/25/2016 at 0:44 PM, GnatB said:

Yeah, actually I agree with that about X damage. It's not an important enough problem to avoid for the possible benefit.

I'll edit OP later.

I've seen airlock suggested at a lot too, I'll think about it a bit myself.

On 3/3/2016 at 8:04 PM, Gorango said:

I wish NCSOFT would give a state of the game address or some sort of information on what they are working on and/or how far along those things are in development. Better yet they should address the wants and suggestions made by the player base.

For Example: I know they mentioned they were working on a purchasable item to allow costume transfers between alts. But most of the player base is/was in disagreement with the purchasable aspect of it. But there is no other info on that incoming item. Is it a one time purchase for all outfits or a per outfit purchase? will it only work on Hongmoon Store outfits or entire wardrobe? is the outfit permanently unlocked or once its transferred we need to repurchase to transfer again? 

They dont seem to acknowledge a lot of the suggestions made here. I think the majority of the player base will agree, and stick around longer, if these changes were implemented. From the live-streams hearing "no there are no plans for XYZ" for the majority of the questions asked, is very disheartening. And most of the time the questions and suggestions are not even game breaking, just quality of life changes that'll make the players happy. Last I heard happy players play longer.

I really hope NCSOFT takes a look at these suggestions. 

Well they do respond to some of our suggestions in the livestream, and ever since my livestream summary of Warlock Class Week, Hime has been making summaries <3

It's good to see that they've added a venue for community to hear their stance on things.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I'm back and with a quick anti-spammer suggestion.

Mass friend request denial, friend request & report for suspicious username, and finally...

A better "friend request management" GUI window over the small panel that's just a list of 10 requests and "Accept or Decline".

Something with the "select all" feature like in modern e-mail, that lets us view a full list of requests (incase there's some humans in there).

63 friend requests from gold sellers... yeah.

Also the ability to disable receiving friend requests while offline, disable receiving friend requests unless someone sends the request by clicking on your character in-game (so ghosts can't send a request, you need to meet up with the other player in-game by socializing which bots can't do), etc.

----

if it doesn't exist, there should be offline reporting for spambots that come in, post, and disappear. Save their player ID or something so it can be reported even after they're gone.

Please NCsoft. The players actually think for you.Take them in consideration and give this game the love and attention that us ,players , give.

Your last stream had a very bad impact over players and the game population is declining drastically.

Do something for for this beautiful game.

Additional friends list functions that allow us to appear offline or away to both friends and clan mates, that can be set in such a way that logging in and out has no effect. I'm sick of the game literally broadcasting my presence.

Archived