KFM pls help!

Balu07

Greetings!

I honestly considered to drop kfm 2 times before even hitting 45 after playing a Bm to 45, but i read all those motivating comments ppl sead about kfm, and decided to learn it instead of considering it weak or lacking compared to Bm. 

First of all, i have to say : Its damn hard to learn classes to pro level in Blade and Soul, even after playing it for almost 2 weeks, i feel, like i dont even know what i am supposed to know .

Second, i managed to get a few topics i know i lack and wish to ask about like : 

How do i know what is the original key binding to a skill? I seen lots of vids about the animation canceling (3rf?) and realized, i dont know what skills those are anyway, because i changed my 1234 to eqfc...i think....also switched my f to r and so on. So i am not even sure that i am dooing animation canceling or just spamming Straight jab and Swift Strike.

Second if we are at the topic. Should i change my keybidings at all? 1234 seems absurd. I struggle with cx constantly because its so hard to reach (small keyboard?) I had to install my Mouse drivers to put the side buttons to use for Footwork and Shadow dash, would a Razor Naga be worth to buy?

Third. When do i actually have to use animation canceling? With Bm i use it if i can, and since in pvp its hard to get it work, i generally dont animation cancel there, but i do it in dungeons and general pve....is the KFM the same? You use it if you have time to dps confortably? (like stunned player , or a mob that is not attacking you)

4 : Does Animation cancel only work with the skillpoints put there? 

5: What is the list of my I frames? Is it only Backstep(ss) and the 2 side jumps? (Footwork and ShadowDash?) If so...then i better stay in melee at bosses (like poharan) or i cant i frame most skills. 

6: is I framing supposed to be hard, or is it just me ? I guess i can get better, when i feel the time lag between button press, and skill activation, and also have the experiance when most mob skills go of after sounds.

7 : What skills are used generally for highest possible dmg with KFM in general pve (like dungeon boss) ? Or is animation cancel the highest dmg ? (like at bm?)

Thank you for reading this all in advance and sorry for my terrible english. 

Original key bind would be the to put everything on default,every player i think edits that by his own preferences, ani cancel can be done as far as i know it in 3rf and 2rf combo.( 3rf works on stunned,grabbed etc mobs/bosses.

Iv put all my skills in order 1-8 but that's cause i got used to it and im using razor naga mouse,can't really say how would i play the game without it cause iv been playing all MMOS with it past few years.

3RF combo - you need to spec points into shin kick/knockdown . Easiest way to learn about ani cancel would be by watching videos on youtube and then just practice.

Iframe combos: you have Q/E and SS= backstepping as you mentioned,and you can also iframe with skill flurry,depends which tree you spec but all gives resist dmg from 0.8-1 second.

It's not hard and it wasn't supposed to be,it all depends how you time them. with a bit of practice it gets easy. at Poh you can actually hear a sound before she does that fiery aoe,when she jumps at the middle and then like beeping fast alarm goes.

Sorry for this short "guide" but explaining detailed would take me some time which i don't have.

Also check Kung Fu master called "Shiro" on youtube. There's should be videos on this forum of her/him soloing top blue lvl 45 dungeons,recently she also did POH 6 man solo  all that as KFM,she has very nice guides and builds. You can learn a lot from her.

47 minutes ago, Balu07 said:

7 : What skills are used generally for highest possible dmg with KFM in general pve (like dungeon boss) ? Or is animation cancel the highest dmg ? (like at bm?)

Thank you for reading this all in advance and sorry for my terrible english. 

As for what the best skills to use: every class has an optimal "rotation" if you want to use traditional mmo terms.

In Blade & Soul learning & using the animation cancel combos for your class will net you the highest damage possible. Granted all of this is happening while dodging attacks lol. 

So you'll be doing the 2RF / 3RF combo while blocking / i-framing through all that high octane action. 

Archived