Many people will NOT renew Premium membership because of the ugly Windwalking effect, and annoying fluorescent 110% XP bar

Alessa

The majority of players who purchased Premium or the 7 day starter pack at launch, did so purely for one thing, 'login queue priority'  every thing else is just very trivial 'fluff' and now there is no problems with login queues less will renew, the perks are just not worth the cost anymore.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dislike the windwalking effect too, and the stupid star next to my name is even worse, but the reason I won't renew my premium membership is another entirely - the fact that it is 100% useless. I gain nothing by paying for premium membership other than access to the wardrobe.  A feature that should have been free for all to begin with and which I hardly ever use.

I made a 2nd account to play without premium to compare to my main premium account.

The only features that I miss are the Wardrobe, Gold from Combat (at higher levels mobs can drop up to 50 copper and it really adds up), and extra gold from quests. It really makes a lot of difference in terms of inventory and gold gain. I already try not to farm outfits on my non-premium account but I do keep the faction outfits... and there's so many. And the non-premium account is definitely poorer than my main account while leveling up, I only kept up by making and selling unsealing charms (might be poor cause I bought all the blue break-through weapons - FXXX that RNG, fxxx purple break-through weapons - especially Hujikar that needs 1 key to open the reward chest to get the weapon chest THEN 2 more keys to open weapon chest).

The majority of the other premium features I find them to be pretty useless at low premium rank or flat out annoying - I agree on the windwalk animation, and it makes you retardly visible in PvP running around in faction areas - the non-premium members actually blends in with their faction NPCs and premium windwalk and premium icon is like a bulls-eye drawn on you.

Only one reason why i no buy premium A *cricket* HIGH PING LATENCY ON EU SERVERS? Why the hell we must connect first to Texas then back to Europe??? Anyway this servers are just a BAD JOKE if it will not be changed in one month i will spam to NC Korea to close game in Europe becouse of servers :) This is pvp game type not pve where ping is nothing.. in pvp ping must be best not some shit server with high ping becouse is cheap go with that idea longer NCSOFT u will lose an chance now ...

Petty? Yes. First world problem? Definitely.

All the same, the gaudy visuals for sprinting and windwalking and the LOOK AT ME I'M SO SPECIAL icon are #2 reason why I don't get premium. #1 reason is the benefits package being sorely lacking for its price, but the extra glowy stuff does have a negative effect on my willingness to pay for premium.

The fact that there are bigger problems and more pressing issues doesn't mean this thing shouldn't get a toggle. That way, the people who like the effects can keep them on and those who don't can switch them off. Everybody wins.

I will renew premium if I don't crash every 1 hour, it used to be 2-3 hours which was bearable for me. I like the windwalk effect of LBM & SMN, gold and exp buffs and most importantly, wardrobe. But it's not much for the price we pay though, if they would allow account sharing only for premium members that'd be nice! 

4 hours ago, Olivar said:

I disagree.

I will not renew my sub as well, but not for these issues.

These are minor compared to the real problems

tottaly agree with this, people caring about effects/cosmetics wyle there is much worse problems.. first fix all the invisible walls and textures on the fkin game, so anoying, can't move from a place to another without getting stuck somewere..

And also I won't renew my membership because I know that if I have any problem I will be attended by a bot that will send me automatic messages.. And thats the fame Ncsoft created for itself

I have really bad eye sight. Been that way since I was born. This so called "florescent exp bar"...is it really that bright? I don't even notice it. Why? Cause I moved the AI around my screen to fit my needs and things I didn't want to see are moved to corners and out of the way. The windwalk effect, I don't mind it. I enjoy it more on my summoner but when I play my blade dancer, I just ignore it cause I'm focusing on where I'm going, not the sparkling light trailing my character. I don't mind if these are toggled but really, claiming that "many people" won't renew prem for these reasons is dumb. If people don't renew, it's not strictly for these, but because the que is no more (for now) and the perks aren't needed outside of wardrobe for the most part :|

You can clearly see in this thread that

MANY PEOPLE ARE ANNOYED BY THIS WINDWALKING EFFECT AND THE NEON GREEN EXP BAR..

To the point of having to deactivated bloom and motion blur.

5 hours ago, chinmi said:

i just disable bloom and motion blur, and the windwalking effect doesnt make me dizzy anymore. maybe you should disable those two too. it's in graphic settings.

Or Having to Push the Exp bar outside of the screen..

7 hours ago, Azseri said:

I found the XP bar really annoying, what I have done is go into the UI editing config and I snapped the xp bar onto the bottom of the dragon frame that holds the level number, I then pushed the dragon frame down until just a tiny slither of colour can be seen, this way I don't feel blinded by the annoyance of this, you could also take it 1 step further if you really wanted to and push it off screen fully.

So the fact remains that it bothers MANY people and it needs to be fixed by a toggle.

Seeing as it was never fixed in China since 2 years now,

and they lost so many VIP subscriptions there, because of this annoyance,

i was just merely pointing to the fact that they will loose subscriptions until they fix this.

i like the windwalking effect, especially on force master. the wardrobe is another very nice function, besides that, its just not worth it. maybe i go and leave premium off when i have somehwat more spac ein my inventory. or just spend money on bags for inventory space and not on the wardrobe function, which is temporarily

21 minutes ago, Alessa said:

To the point of having to deactivated bloom and motion blur

I've counted 5....

6 hours ago, Alessa said:

When rich players.....

This game costs less than 50 cents a day. 50 AMERICAN CENTS. A homeless bum in NYC can find more than that a day under a park bench. This is honestly about the cheapest entertainment you can buy...I don't know why people with premium have this stigma of being rich....it is quite silly.

47 minutes ago, Alessa said:

To the point of having to deactivated bloom and motion blur.

Or Having to Push the Exp bar outside of the screen..

So the fact remains that it bothers MANY people and it needs to be fixed by a toggle.

Seeing as it was never fixed in China since 2 years now,

and they lost so many VIP subscriptions there, because of this annoyance,

i was just merely pointing to the fact that they will loose subscriptions until they fix this.

1. FYI "many" people are not 4 or 5 people in a thread on the forums. Versus what? A million players online all over the world playing the game as we speak?

2. Please show my your metrics, your verified data that proves that China lost "so many VIP subscriptions" because of this "annoyance". You can't. You are pulling data out of your ass and making it up for sensationalism's sake.

3. Are the subscriptions somehow tight? So tight that they need to "loose" them up? Odd.

I have no issues with things OP mentioned but personally I wont be spending another penny on this game until the blatant cash grabs are adjusted in the cash shop. The ridiculous over priced outfits. The whole system of paid for outfits being broken down to rng cloth and then rng put back together again for a custom outfit seems almost criminal to me. The fact that one can spend 10s of £ Only for there to be a chance that the whole thing can fail and they have nothing to show for their money. That shouldnt even be legal. 

I also wont be spending another penny until there are some decent perks to paying a sub fee. I would like to see at least 50% discount from the cash shop for subscribers, for things like Bag expanders, Extra char slots, Extra Ability builds. I think even 50% is being generous considering these things are per character and in every other subscription game these things are free.

I am happy to support a game I like with money but if it employs greedy tactics then I cannot out of conscience support that.

I personally like the windwalk effect.

The idea of making the windwalk effect a toggleable was brought up during beta.  They have no plans on adding a toggle, which I wouldn't be against.  As I said in the other thread back in beta, more options are always better.

33 minutes ago, TheDatabug said:

I have no issues with things OP mentioned but personally I wont be spending another penny on this game until the blatant cash grabs are adjusted in the cash shop. The ridiculous over priced outfits. The whole system of paid for outfits being broken down to rng cloth and then rng put back together again for a custom outfit seems almost criminal to me. The fact that one can spend 10s of £ Only for there to be a chance that the whole thing can fail and they have nothing to show for their money. That shouldnt even be legal. 

I also wont be spending another penny until there are some decent perks to paying a sub fee. I would like to see at least 50% discount from the cash shop for subscribers, for things like Bag expanders, Extra char slots, Extra Ability builds. I think even 50% is being generous considering these things are per character and in every other subscription game these things are free.

I am happy to support a game I like with money but if it employs greedy tactics then I cannot out of conscience support that.

That's pretty much what I'm feeling right now too.  I even went so far as to buy the master's founder pack.  But I just can't shake the feeling of the cash grab in this game.

Archived