Many people will NOT renew Premium membership because of the ugly Windwalking effect, and annoying fluorescent 110% XP bar

Alessa

Make the Ugly windwalking effect Optional for Premium membership or else people will not renew their premium.

That is what happened Happened In china, the second VIP had mandatory Windwalking effect and NONE every buys it because of it..

even if their are advantages to the premium membership,

People rather loose the benefit and not have to see the windwalking effect always...

It is too flashy and confusing and hurts the eyes,

also same thing for  the fluorescent colored 110% Xp bar, people will choose to NOT renew Premium

so that they do not have this flashy colored bar on their screen always.

I

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also people won't renew because of people complaining like the OP!

If your eyes hurt, then go to an optician and get your eyes looked at. Honestly there is something to whine/complain about.

I will renew my premium membership because I want too and I enjoy the game. The only time I'll personally end the membership is when .... I get bored and play something else .... SHOCK HORROR!!!

I'm wondering what crap people will come out with next about why the game is doing to die, why people are doing to leave etc. People will leave because they want too, NCSoft is not forcing anyone to remain here playing the game. If you don't like it, just up and leave. 

The normal people don't even make posts about it. They just go about with their normal lives, but I understand the cry for attention Alessa.

34 minutes ago, Olivar said:

I disagree.

I will not renew my sub as well, but not for these issues.

These are minor compared to the real problems

These are not minor issues,

When rich players are face with the choice they would rather NOT have any benefit

rather than have to bear the annoying windwalking effect during all their daily gameplay.

Same thing for the fluorecent 110% XP bar it was introduced with a fourth VIP package in China but people do not want to buy this package also because of it.

Make them toggleable OR just be aware that you will loose a lot of money because of it.

And other players will not bother to make topic to inform you of  this issue.

I have been seeing this in China, and there they still cannot figure out why people do not want their second VIP or fourth VIP.

Imposing annoying effects that hurt the eyes and disturb the game experience on players in a game where you have to grind for hours..

it does not work.

While those are issues, I doubt that'll be the reason people won't renew their premium. I'd sooner blame it on poor benefits (if you're not leveling characters) and the best benefit being pretty much required if you wish to make cosmetic purchases in the store. It's all around just meh and I got two months left of it.

Why is it that so often i hear subbed players begin described as rich?

Isnt that an extremely negative assumption to make?

it shows alot of Bias,malice, and..... im trying to think of a more proper word for it but since i cant ill say saltiness

13 minutes ago, Yancha said:

Why is it that so often i hear subbed players begin described as rich?

Isnt that an extremely negative assumption to make?

it shows alot of Bias,malice, and..... im trying to think of a more proper word for it but since i cant ill say saltiness

"Rich" was a bad use of terms on my part,

i meant to say  "people that can afford to pay all subscriptions easily" 

But understand that there are actually a lot of rich people in China that pays 20000$ for the best weapon..

BUT they do not buy for the Premium Vip 2d or 4th package because of the hindrance of the annoying effects..

47 minutes ago, Alessa said:

When rich players are face with the choice they would rather NOT have any benefit

rather than have to bear the annoying windwalking effect during all their daily gameplay.

Same thing for the fluorecent 110% XP bar it was introduced with a fourth VIP package in China but people do not want to buy this package also because of it.

Make them toggleable OR just be aware that you will loose a lot of money because of it.

I have been seeing this in China, and there they still cannot figure out why people do not want their second VIP or fourth VIP.

Imposing annoying effects that hurt the eyes and disturb the game experience on players in a game where you have to grind for hours..

it does not work.

I found the XP bar really annoying, what I have done is go into the UI editing config and I snapped the xp bar onto the bottom of the dragon frame that holds the level number, I then pushed the dragon frame down until just a tiny slither of colour can be seen, this way I don't feel blinded by the annoyance of this, you could also take it 1 step further if you really wanted to and push it off screen fully.

1 hour ago, DoowieEU said:

Also people won't renew because of people complaining like the OP!

If your eyes hurt, then go to an optician and get your eyes looked at. Honestly there is something to whine/complain about.

I will renew my premium membership because I want too and I enjoy the game. The only time I'll personally end the membership is when .... I get bored and play something else .... SHOCK HORROR!!!

I'm wondering what crap people will come out with next about why the game is doing to die, why people are doing to leave etc. People will leave because they want too, NCSoft is not forcing anyone to remain here playing the game. If you don't like it, just up and leave. 

The normal people don't even make posts about it. They just go about with their normal lives, but I understand the cry for attention Alessa.

Not sure why you would want to renew tbh, I am enjoying the game too, but looking at what premium membership is giving, I just don't think it is worth the money, lets have a look at what we really get, I'll do it based on rank 5 as it starts getting excessively expensive after that point.

Increased Gold Earned from Daily and Field Quests by 20% - this is worth around 2g/day/character right now,

Increased XP Earned from Daily and Field Quests - this is useless for leveling as you need to do all the story anyway, but it does mean hongmoon levels will be approx 20% faster, however they are also a 1 time thing, once you reach hm5 you no longer receive any benefit from this also comes with the annoying green bar.

Increased Gold Earned from Combat - even at level 5, you only make approx 2 silver per day from kills doing all dailies and several dungeons about 0.2% of your daily income.

Increased XP Earned from Combat - this one is just useless overall after level 10ish.

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining - this would be good if you get lucky enough to have venture tokens drop, I don't know anyone that has ever gotten one other than the previous daily dash.

Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees - this one has nearly no benefit due to restricted sell slots.

Increased Marketplace Sell Slots - the fact the game even restricts how much you can sell is fairly silly, with the added fact you cannot buy individuals from stacks, this is actually nice, but something good from a terrible feature isn't really a plus overall.

Reduced Weapon Glamour Fees - with the glamours being 1 time use, I know many people including myself that wont ever do it more than 1 time, meaning this is useless

Increased Gathering and Crafting XP - this is pretty nice, but after 3days of premium and you have all 14 maxed, it has no use anymore so is limited.

Faster Chi Recovery - this is bad, chi recovery should be the same for all members, if in a group and 2 people die at the same time and 1 of them recovers because of a 17sec chi and the other one dies with 1 sec left from an aoe, bad design choice.

Windstride Cooldown - you shouldn't ever need this unless you accidentally windstride to the wrong place.

Reduced Weapon Evolution and Breakthrough Fees - this one is fairly strong, and will probably save you in the region of 50+g, but it is still short term, while everything is slow right now because they are staggering the content, once we have the 50 content and you max everything, they will stay that way for months at a time.

Wardrobe Deposit - This is a free feature in other regions and is pretty much the major reason people even bother with premium here, however after depositing everything you get from leveling, you can just keep them in there after the premium wears off and just keep the select few per character that you like out of it, chances are you wont be buying lots of costumes due to the overpriced store, most will just pick 1 and stick to it with each new char.

Exclusive Tab in Dragon Express - this is nice, but also limited and can get everything from there within a 7day premium if you wanted to.

Dragon Express (Sell) - I do use this, but just because I can rather than needing to, vendors in the game are abundant and with no value in the trash drops that do drop, you can simply delete them without caring if need be.

Additional Daily Dash Spin - most of the daily dash stuff is junk and with rng involved with the spin I cant say I care about this at all.

Login Queue Priority - this was nice, but queues lasted all of 3days after release

Premium Membership Icon - has no use other than to signal out who the idiots (like myself) are for actually putting money into ncsofts pockets for this game

Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk - Don't know anyone that likes this.

Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items - Have you looked at the store prices, even with this, only a retard would buy things on it.

Premium looks like a lot, but when you look at what actually has any worth past a 7day premium there is very little at all, once they add the currency exchange so idiots can spend money to get gold then the daily gold bonus becomes useless when you will get a better net income from selling directly instead, and once you have deposited the majority with a single 7day membership, the wardrobe alone isn't worth the monthly payment.

Now some people will want to sub just to support the games makers, I do understand that, but with ncsofts history of never fixing servers in aion or l2 and now having the same problems with bns which likely will never be solved, and overpricing everything in the store which just makes bns west look like a temp cashgrab, there is no goodfaith with ncsoft when they are running a game directly, they never have cared about the west audience, and never will aslong as people are willing to spend money in their games.

On 2/14/2016 at 3:34 AM, Alessa said:

"Rich" was a bad use of terms on my part,

i meant to say  "people that can afford to pay all subscriptions easily" 

But understand that there are actually a lot of rich people in China that pays 20000$ for the best weapon..

BUT they do not buy for the Premium Vip 2d or 4th package because of the hindrance of the annoying effects..

There are alot ill admit but theyre incredibly outnumbered by the amount of players who spend moderately or nothing at all

And in these kinds of games the more you spend the less efficient your spending becomes

Except for that premium bonus

That actually makes spending more give you more

1 hour ago, Alessa said:

it does not work.

Nope.

None of the reasons you stated are reasons related to why I won't be renewing my premium.

My reasons are related to how issues are handled and how the NA region release is designed for a quick buck to recoup the costs from when they *cricket*ed up and released Wildstar instead of Blade & Soul.

6 minutes ago, Grevier said:

You keep that effect so I can recognize who is a wallet warrior.

You just don't want it to be visible because of that.

Pretty sure that big ole star by the name will do that for you

(Side note i like the effect)

Just so i get this right.. they changed the homgmoon exp bar from golden to neon green for premium? Are they crazy? I thought this was some kind of old version or smth. It's ugly as shit and i'm honestly annoyed by it.

NCSoft... stop changing stuff that ends up annoying people. You are shooting your own leg with annoying the people who feed you-.-

Will i not renew my sub because of something like this? Hell no. I just have no clue why they would force effects upon us that we dont want and cant disable when we are the people paying them. It's disrespectful and i'm a bit disappointed.

Wait.

Let me get this.

There are players out there who will punish a game/company because they dont like the exp bar color and the Windwalking effect on Premium? What its going to be next, make a thread complaining "no one will play the game" because the sound of whisper or the pigdeon everytime they get an email?

Archived