Every class is stupidly OP compared to BM

TheStevieJ

No wonder nobody plays this shit until 50 patch, at a disadvantage in every *cricket*ing way possible.

Only class it can do good against if played half decent is destroyer and force master and sin, anything else is absolutely patheticly balanced vs this class @ 45 1 hongmoon

Summoner: 171
Destroyer: 78
Blade Dancer: 76
Kung Fu Master: 47
Assassin: 37
Force Master: 24
Blade Master: 15  

If thats accurate of players in gold rank like I saw on another post, I can see why nobody plays BM.

5 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

Some? There is 1 in the top 50, 2 in the top 100, 3 in the top 200. What exactly is "top" to you?

Damn that's a hell of a lot of BM's, not, It honestly feels like a joke trying to fight classes, it is so difficult its unreal.

50 cap BM looks fun, it will probably be a lot easier if I had my full hongmoon levels, but right now between damage and everything else its just too underpowered compared to the damage output / resists etc of all the other classes. 

Another huge factor might be the ass ton of lag in the Arena servers that allow people to somehow break out of stuns and magically teleport me into a combo.

As it stands right now...

NA Data

Blade Masters

Highest rated: 2021

Diamond: 0

Platinum: 2

Gold: 331

Kung Fu Masters

Highest Rated: 2044

Platinum: 18

Gold: 826

Force Masters

Highest rated: 2086

Platinum: 9

Gold: 589

Destroyers

Highest Rated: 2001

Platinum: 14

Gold: 1000+

Lowest Rating: 1610

Assassins

Highest Rated: 2083

Platinum: 13

Lowest Rating: 1601

Summoners

Highest Rated: 2104

Diamond: 1

Platinum: 35

Lowest Rating: 1645

Blade Dancers

Highest Rated: 2101

Diamond: 1

Platinum: 17

Lowest Rating: 1617

BM is hard to play because outside the tanky natural, BM is weak in everything else

dps ? worst since Destroyer can freely Ani Cancer a BM to dead , DD supposed to be worst DPS

combo stuns ? KFM can stun lock BM when BM need alot skill (as a player) to not be countered

Escape skills ? BM surelly have alot of them and most of them can be easily countered by enemy

mobile skills ?  Snare by ice , spider threads, vines and etc

BM has no grab skill , sad ?

what does BM has : arena corner , where they can protect themself against Assassin and FM

Dps replaced by skill damage , you spam skills to enemy instead of rely on any ani cancer or dps like DD or BD

stun/daze and knock , only FKM has more stun than BM

Iframe : BM + iframe = OP

Pull : if you cant catch that Sum or FM , why not pull them to you

Spirit Ward = OP shield protect you from tons of range attack

Damage buff field : stun lock them inside , they are deadmeat

scary AoE to vs Sum, if you can stun lock sum , AoE force him to choose between his life and his pet life

etc

BM is one of the hardest class to play well right now. Seriously, just put time and effort into perfecting combos, paying attention to CCs and escapes (both yours and opponents), and learn the opponent's style. If you've ever watched pro BMs play, it's feels more inspiring to excel playing as one than any other class. Keep at it and good luck!

Its really simple, why BMs seems so weak.

And it is cos of block ability. Basically untill you are a great player. This game classes ballance = how easy is to use defencive ability and how good is it.

LBD and destroyers has 360* shells that stun you + you can freely moove, and you can spam it do damage with it, and make newer players panic what will result in counter stun and easy wins.

Assasins are invisible and evade stuff, so they are always one on the offence. If ur not a great player, your defencive abilities soon will run out and assasin will kill you,

Summoners are shit class that has escapes and *cricket* cat will stun you, grapple and *cricket* you. Easyest class ever, multiple lvl 30s are in gold (not good players too btw). 

KFM has only frontal defence, but its quick and you are still can move, earn combo points with it. (But cos its not so great, newbies still struggle with that so you need to be better than other classes to start beating people).

FM has two CC breaks, and has freezes to buy time for them to be up again. But has great offence with chill that makes your opponent go in defence.

And now comes BM - Block is his biggest weakness. You cannot use block while moving or even jumping (Jumping is suicide), what i noticed is that IF im mooving, i will not be able to block an incoming attack to parry it or stun, as my charracter has to stop 1st, then activate block which adds extra millisec to reaction time. + Its only from FRONT.

The conclousion is, that with BM you must be an expirienced player, that knows enemy class abilities so you can counter enemy, before he does his offensive attacks,

This is why BMs is the hardest class, thats get punished the moust for misplays, and doesnt have o shit ability, that will save your ass in case of emergency. You must be a good player to even use block correctly. 

Many people doenst have ptience to loose and learn, so there are small number on BMs that are in gold or plat

let's put it simple as it comes to my mind.

- game developed in 4 + years. bit of research maybe to chose the class to  play. didnt you see the whine in other previous country?

- you chose a class because u like it ? well, if you like it maybe u should improve and put more effort in it. id there is just 1 player in diamond, it means it is still possible no?

- change class already if you feel disappointed. almost 99% of players will reroll a warlock when it will be released. if you dont care about warlock, roll somwething else.

personally i like always to chose the class which need more struggle and practice. and researching a bit i chosed KFM. still whining at him because it is difficult. who cares, i practice more and more. i ask advices for THAT matchup i cannot deal with and practice again and again.

if BM is that difficult, you can improve and improve, ask for advice, ask for spar etc.

how many games have you played as BM in arena? 10?100?1000? dont come to take conclusions before at least 1000 matches, because u are not the BnS's god who must win everytime he plays.

there are beta players or players who played in TW or KR or RU versions that already know patterns, movements, that have better ping etc.

@Shukran Please stop with the "Practice, or change class" bullshit. It doesnt add anything to the discussion if class is ballanced only when ur pro that play in  turnaments, its an unballanced class...

There is reason why there are so small number of BMs in rankings. Problem is, you need to be much better player than your opponent untill BMs can get into to the gold, and it explained it why in my previous post. Just agree, that BMs have it the hardest, and they must be really good players to get in platnum, unlike some summoners and LBDs...

Numbers do not lie, we are a little on the weak side atm. 

Not really sure what could be done about it though. Patches are mostly copy pasta (are they not ?) from older versions of the game. This is a wonderful chance to learn how to play from behind (if you choose to do so), when 50 gets here you will be so much better the player for it. 

The only thing I really feel helpless against is summoner, everything else can be beaten. 

26 minutes ago, DeOne said:

@Shukran Please stop with the "Practice, or change class" bullshit. It doesnt add anything to the discussion if class is ballanced only when ur pro that play in  turnaments, its an unballanced class...

There is reason why there are so small number of BMs in rankings. Problem is, you need to be much better player than your opponent untill BMs can get into to the gold, and it explained it why in my previous post. Just agree, that BMs have it the hardest, and they must be really good players to get in platnum, unlike some summoners and LBDs...

However, this is also why it feels much more rewarding to become a good BM player compared to other classes. You know you are at a disadvantage, but when you win, you know it's because of the time and effort you took to hone your skill to overcome those disadvantages. We don't have useful animation cancels, we don't have 360 defense, we don't have invisible. All we can rely on is practice and our own wits.

The class is not impossibly bad to a point that you can't win. It does have difficulties, and it is hard, but you CAN win against anyone if you know the mechanics and play well. The combos are long and complicated and you really need to know when you can and can't block, how to use draw stance for more iframes, and of course you need to know the other classes intimately. That's just the state of BM until we get more HM skills unlocked. Even then, this class isn't going to magically become easy. The combos don't magically become easier and the mechanics don't change significantly. 

Last I saw EU statistics, they had a more balanced top 50 with more BMs/FMs. Enoll was in the top 10 I believe... Now IMO the primary reason that you see so FEW BMs actually playing and trying to get high ranks is because this is  North America (Murica)! Let's face it, our crowd is 90% "winners" who absolutely must follow trends and FOTM to be happy. We've seen it in game after game and there is nothing new under the sun. This is a short-sighted strategy on their part IMO. Those of us who keep playing BM and learning under adversity are going to be much better at the game by the time we catch up on content and have more overall balance. 

If you were to watch this stream then judge game balance off it, you'd think BMs were massively overpowered. http://www.twitch.tv/enol_

Absurd amount of summoners is also one thing that keeps blade masters at bay. Ain't it like considered one of hardest counters in game anyway.

It's so friking frustating to fight them and friking humiliating when some lv25 summoner think he's hot shot running around while outrnging ur skills.

HM lv and additonal skills helped a tons but more points are still needed yet alone certain hm skills.

I would die for lightning draw hm right now but last 2 were sold for 400g in my server.

Right now I'm struggling in low gold and say... out of 5 matches its usually 3 summoner.

What DeOne mentioned is also absolutely correct.

it is cos of block ability

I've began to favour offensive-def version in most scenarios as normal block is so dam punishing when opponent "skillfully" outplay it.

For anyone telling me to learn the class - I know I'm far from the best as I'm still new to this game.

For those who acknowledge it is a currently weak class compared to the rest and telling me to stick it out - I plan to, I'm not a guy who re-rolls for a OP class, 

My frustration comes from having to have to have PERFECT games every round I play, which is fun also of course, cause that's where skills come into it. My anger stems from the fact these other classes get away with murder, if they make a mistake no problem, one combo 3/4 of your health gone. I have to catch people 3-4 or more times and combo to diminish their health. Whilst at the same time timing my frames and predicting their skills continuously to be able to counter, whilst having to try waste time to get my skills from cooldown. I feel weak as hell, and sure the satisfaction I gain when I actually win is amazing.

I'm learning at a fast pace, I can beat Blade dancer now, with extreme difficulty and having to pay very close attention not to make any mistakes at all, but it is still unbalanced as hell compared to BM. Even their opening combo does like 12-13k health which is like 1-2 skills. Not to mention the fact they can iframe Q / E and spin like an ass. I used to hate when I had to fight a sin, I was like *cricket*, after a day, I can tell that they are balanced and I just need to know to block their poisons etc so they cant teleport behind me, and then counter when they are close. 

But this patch has definitely unbalanced these classes, and that's all I ever fight against in the arena.

5 hours ago, DeOne said:

sorry to bother you, but this game is not "ehy im noob i smash keys im diamond op player ". it is more "i improved and learned from mistakes and after xx time i am the best BM/as better player than i was".

i understand that BM is weak compared to some other classes, or maybe it misses some key skill that will be in lvl 50 etc. still there are some BM in diamond. why are they there? because someone put them there or because those players improved?

better be one of the 1000+ noob summoners who do nothing to be in high rank or be one of the few "weak class" that spit blood to be there and deserve to be there?

why do my class need to do a chain of 3rfz3xf43rf3vrx3rf combo to be competitive while some class just need to AA jump/ LMBrmbLMBrmb combo to win the match?

stop being a cheap whiner.

Just now, Shukran said:

sorry to bother you, but this game is not "ehy im noob i smash keys im diamond op player ". it is more "i improved and learned from mistakes and after xx time i am the best BM/as better player than i was".

i understand that BM is weak compared to some other classes, or maybe it misses some key skill that will be in lvl 50 etc. still there are some BM in diamond. why are they there? because someone put them there or because those players improved?

better be one of the 1000+ noob summoners who do nothing to be in high rank or be one of the few "weak class" that spit blood to be there and deserve to be there?

why do my class need to do a chain of 3rfz3xf43rf3vrx3rf combo to be competitive while some class just need to AA jump/ LMBrmbLMBrmb combo to win the match?

stop being a cheap whiner.

I agree, id much rather be the class whos in diamond knowing I worked hard for it, at the same time, what the hell is the point of trying to get to that rank when you know you'll just get summoners 3/4 up to that rank and lose all the games making you unable to progress, same with bd.

7 minutes ago, TheStevieJ said:

For anyone telling me to learn the class - I know I'm far from the best as I'm still new to this game.

For those who acknowledge it is a currently weak class compared to the rest and telling me to stick it out - I plan to, I'm not a guy who re-rolls for a OP class, 

My frustration comes from having to have to have PERFECT games every round I play, which is fun also of course, cause that's where skills come into it. My anger stems from the fact these other classes get away with murder, if they make a mistake no problem, one combo 3/4 of your health gone. I have to catch people 3-4 or more times and combo to diminish their health. Whilst at the same time timing my frames and predicting their skills continuously to be able to counter, whilst having to try waste time to get my skills from cooldown. I feel weak as hell, and sure the satisfaction I gain when I actually win is amazing.

I'm learning at a fast pace, I can beat Blade dancer now, with extreme difficulty and having to pay very close attention not to make any mistakes at all, but it is still unbalanced as hell compared to BM. Even their opening combo does like 12-13k health which is like 1-2 skills. Not to mention the fact they can iframe Q / E and spin like an ass. I used to hate when I had to fight a sin, I was like *cricket*, after a day, I can tell that they are balanced and I just need to know to block their poisons etc so they cant teleport behind me, and then counter when they are close. 

But this patch has definitely unbalanced these classes, and that's all I ever fight against in the arena.

BM can do 3/4 of someone's lifebar in 1 combo if you make sure that they don't have tab to escape your blade call and properly tech chase - of course you also have to know the longer combos and be ready to follow up escapes. It's difficult on BM because you're not just doing a rythmic set of abilities while reapplying CC, you're dancing stances to get focus back and rotating through many different abilities. Watch that stream I linked earlier to see some of the combos that Enoll uses... it's really impressive watching him string together 15+ seconds of CC after someone blows their tab early. 

10 minutes ago, TheStevieJ said:

I agree, id much rather be the class whos in diamond knowing I worked hard for it, at the same time, what the hell is the point of trying to get to that rank when you know you'll just get summoners 3/4 up to that rank and lose all the games making you unable to progress, same with bd.

do you play to have fun or because you have to play BnS?

do u struggle vs summoners? what is better than fighting them at your rank everytime to understand better the class?

except beans and bean's rewards,

what is the difference from diamond and silver/gold? do you want that shiny medal to show dominance? on a video game? really?

or do you want to show other that you deserve that rank? 

how to deserve something? work for it?

what's better to improve:

playing the game ?

or 

whining?

i am KFM and i lose 99.9% summoners out there in silver/gold, lose to 60% FM, 80 % BD, 80%assassins. i asked for advices and tried to improve. i lowered the % of FM and sins. (before i lost to 99.9% FM and 99.9% sins......in silver/gold....wow)

20 minutes ago, Shukran said:

do you play to have fun or because you have to play BnS?

do u struggle vs summoners? what is better than fighting them at your rank everytime to understand better the class?

except beans and bean's rewards,

what is the difference from diamond and silver/gold? do you want that shiny medal to show dominance? on a video game? really?

or do you want to show other that you deserve that rank? 

how to deserve something? work for it?

what's better to improve:

playing the game ?

or 

whining?

i am KFM and i lose 99.9% summoners out there in silver/gold, lose to 60% FM, 80 % BD, 80%assassins. i asked for advices and tried to improve. i lowered the % of FM and sins. (before i lost to 99.9% FM and 99.9% sins......in silver/gold....wow)

Theres no difference between the ranks other than the fact I want to improve and know myself I deserve it, these classes are earning it like pancakes because they are op. It frustrates me is all.

And yes, pvp Is a pretty good way to make money, so when I lose to OP classes who re-roll to farm on purpose, it gets very frustrating. As you can see from my above post, I'm starting to learn how to face BD even though even with practice I'll lose 1/2 3/4 of the time. But sin now is something I find very even matched and is down to a skilled 1 v 1. That's what I want all the classes to feel like.

Archived