So this game is heavily reliant on ping/latency...

eyburv

...yet we have no option to see it.

This isnt right.

If im in the arena, i would like to know if my latency is good or not.

Its better to let the player know whether or not they will experience pain rather than letting them experience pain regardless.

5 hours ago, eyburv said:

...yet we have no option to see it.

This isnt right.

If im in the arena, i would like to know if my latency is good or not.

Its better to let the player know whether or not they will experience pain rather than letting them experience pain regardless.

You have spoken and NCSoft has listened!  NCSoft is currently testing a ping meter and should have this frequently requested feature ready to go as early as May of 2016!  When ready, the ping meter will be obtainable via cash shop RNG box.

23 minutes ago, Anveena said:

What if I have a better ping than you and I one shot you first due to that advantage as in shooter games?

Ping does matter, a lot.

Actually, it doesn't quite work like that for FPS games.  I don't really want to explain it because it gets kinda weird, but due to client side hit detection, lag compensation, etc., it can be advantageous to have non-ideal ping.  I'm talking like 120 ms vs. 50 ms. here though.

It also doesn't really make sense to me why ping would effect the number of attacks you perform in a given time period.  The commands are queued up client side, and as long as they reach the server, even if they are delayed, the server should register the same number of hits.  I can understand framerate effecting actions per second ( actually pretty common in games running on older, less advanced engines ), but I'm assuming Blade & Soul is client side hit detection or whatever the mmoperger equivalent is... well, I'mma need a pretty technical explanation on why this is happening.

Archived