Forums

the faction imbalances is ruining open world pvp

Pesto

on my server one faction out number  the other by a significant margin, trying to do world pvp or even just faction dailies is next to impossible because every 2 minutes you find out another channel is full of enemy factions farming everything, and even when you leave them alone all they do is gang up on you nonstop.

i am not even a good player but i can take the average opponent down in a fair fight, but i cant fight 3 people or more at a time it's just not possible

does anyone know if the korean version has a fix for this issue? since we're a few patches behind if they solved this problem then most likely we will get a fix for that in a later patch

but right now, this is just not enjoyable at all

Part of the problem is the "channels" thing. I mean, is that normal? I've never played another MMO that had selectable channels. The closest I can think of is ESO and even then you couldn't select your channel, it wasn't even something you were aware of for the most part. The game just automatically split players based on load (though you could join party members/friends).

Anyway, I know on Master Hong, everyone gathers up on CH1 to do their PvP stuff (at least for the blues). This is fine in and of itself but somewhere between the actual faction imbalance and the fact that so many people can prevent reds from joining the channel to fight back the entire Open World PvP system gets broken.

I am pretty sure you could select the channel in ESO as well opening some kind of menu. The issue is that the zone is shared with PvE daily content... so obviously load balancing is based on the global zone players, not on anything faction specific. The problem could be solved by adding zoning portals at the camp entrances and lock them when not wearing faction armour suitable for the camp. Now the server could not only create channels based on total players, but even distribute players by their faction across the zones to maintain even distribution of players by faction. You could even finetune the system to "seclude" the overpopulated faction on channels with "no enemies". That way, the only benefit for the over-populated faction would be the ability to farm insignia and dailies without having "enemies", but they couldn't outnumber their opponents in middle or long term on 1 channel, because the constant balancing due to people leaving and entering the area would counter any "mass channel hopping". You could also similary prevent "overcrowed" channel hopping, by saying "there can be only 10% more players than from the other faction, else channel changing will fail" (this obviously does not apply for channels with "no enemies).

Not bad ideas actually. I'd personally rather see a system where the game pushes CH1 players to CH2 and from CH2 to CH3 (and so on) based on some conditions. The primary condition would be wearing Red or Blue faction gear. As long as you're wearing this gear, you're in priority so if you try to join CH1 it pushes out players in PvE gear starting with the lowest level players who are not in groups, players who are not in groups (regardless of level), players who are in groups (and this would move the whole group), and so on. All of this being wrapped into the zones. So players in the Viridian zones (lowest level), based on the conditions mentioned above, are moved first as they are the least likely to actually be doing PvP. This would help keep prioritize PvP players in the zones in a game that's clearly heavily PvP focused on doing just that: PvP.

This game has the worst open world pvp balance that I've seen. What ever system they use to place players on red or blue side to keep the balance has failed miserably. I love to pvp but i must agree with this post when it's 5+ vs. 1 or 2 it's boring and the fact you can change channels and pretty much find one side out numbered at all times on everyone, means the game developers have failed at the job of making pvp even close to balanced in open world. I started out on blue i have over 500 insigs farmed in a matter of a week I switched to red because they are so overwhelmed on our server i wanted to stop adding to the silly zerg mentality. To make a point since I've moved to red  I've managed to farm around 20 insigs in the same amount of time it took me to farm over 500 on the blue side. LOL what a joke.

I posted this is another thread just now, but I'll post it here as well as many people are talking about this game breaker.

That faction changer shouldn't even exist. If something that should be a NCoin cashshop item to drastically reduce people switching.

Yea, Mushin server failed. Everyone went to Cerulean. I've seen blues troll our chat for laughs. Not outnumbered at just Misty either. You go anywhere 45+ and you see 90%+ ceruleans. I gaurentee if you hover your mouse over people's name you will see a majority ceruleans. I have tried to talk to many of them and they just don't want to talk. Had a small discussion on faction chat last night asking if you would pvp if you knew it was always a win. It's like a 45 picking on a 20. I wouldn't do it because that is very boring and people agree with that logic. So when they outnumber, I question where their mind is at really and if they are giggling to themselves feeling they really won or something.

A lot of ceruleans openly wear their faction uniforms everywhere because of the shear number difference and potential for allies to jump in. If I kill a person, usually it ends up with a bunch of guys throwing their outfit on and jumping. They are even cocky and lax enough to do it and afk/npc and then complain they died or people complain I'm picking on an AFK? If I see someone with a uniform on regardless if afk or not, I'm not gonna sit there and be like, "hey you there? I'm gonna pvp now!" and wait for a response. You put on the outfit, that means you are ready for pvp.

What I do find entertaining is when I take on multiple people at once and still win which happens every now and then. I've also pissed people off enough to actually follow me on channels. They must be on faction chat asking about me or something to find me so fast right after I switch. They are poor sports really that can't take a loss and can't play the game with a cool head is what I'm thinking and is another reason they go to the zerg side. Something I do question is, I've had someone follow me within a 30second time frame after I hid and switched channels and found exactly where I was. Very questionable behavior but with the recent video of people hacking, I wouldn't be surprised. But others seem to just follow through chat or something and are steaming as hell.

As it stands, Crimson side is just shrinking more and more as the days pass. It's very bad. Might as well not even have open world pvp anymore at this point.

That's kind of depressing. I ended up picking blue on Master Hong just because I perceive "blue = good, red = bad" and wanted to play on the good side. The downside is that PvP is a drag no matter which side you're on. If you're a blue, you're outnumbering the reds meaning any open-world match turns into a gank which is no fun for either side. If you're a red....you're getting ganked which is no fun either. Given how *cricket* poor this game's PvE end-game seems to be (at least compared to it's PvP) this really pushes me away from wanting to play anymore. At all.

honestly you can blame the misty wood dailies/blackwyrm for the imbalance. The side that can farm those the most efficiently will end up ahead and people on the server hear about such things and switch sides. People want to be able to progress their characters efficiently. It also seems like on Mushin Reds don't have the best of players along with possibly all the good players banded together and chose a side.

I started on blue side. I leveled all the way to 45 before i started open world pvp. So i can say with confidence it takes zero skill for 4 to 1 ratio to kill any player no matter the skill level. And you make a point it's so much easier for one side with massive numbers to gear faster. So why should the game be so imbalanced that that's even a issue. Why should one side have a advantage over the other just because of the sheer numbers. And as far as Mushin goes the red side is fighting for every little thing they get unlike the blue. They show up to do faction quest with what they have and 90% of the time in a fair fight win, until the 3v3 or 6v6 turns into a 3 or 6 man team vs 20. This should not be happening on either side. The balance sucks making it more of a chore to do faction quest than fun, as it should be. When you go to the NPC to pick a side majority of the time it say's "even" which is no way even close to the actual truth of the game play.

Jiwan is the same to the point Crimson gets at the most 30min to farm in misty woods at the most on a random channel. Mean while Ceru has every single other channel to farm but still come on over to *cricket* with crimson and talk shit. There needs to be a new way to determine how the factions are even with at 45 in most servers one side owns 90%

On Poharan Cerulean out number Crimson by a large margin. 

However Friday Crimson started a war with Cerulean for PvP in Mistywoods, and from what I have heard it went pretty well. (Until everyone wanted to do BW/Terrors which isn't what the event was for.)

Baby steps in the right direction. ^.~

Everyone claims that their faction has less people, but the server is indicating that both are roughly even. I know in the instance of Master Hong, they are about the same size, however Blue's tend to pvp more while reds are more pve oriented. So when a red comes into Misty woods, they generally get beat up. It's not that one faction has more players than the other, but their IS an imbalance in the content that each faction's members tend to prioritize over the other. If you go to the PvE dungeon and Daily hubs, all you will see is Crimson Legion with their uniforms off. Best idea is to try and get some more pvp focused clans on your faction if you feel there is an imbalance, most people are sheep, but if you get some real leadership you can fight back and actually win some fights, which helps people see pvp as more worth their time investing in. That's what happened on Master Hong Server, Reds were dominating since their costumes are more aesthetically pleasing to the average player, but then a few Blue guilds popped up like WuDangClan who are strictly pvp, and started fighting any reds they saw which really turned a lot of the Crimson Legion on our server off from pvp. =(

There should be a SCHEDULED FACTION WAR so then we will know the real situation.

I want to acknowledge everyone's experiences here but since there's a lot of differences in servers, channels and even faction parameters, considering server culture(pvp/pve oriented), i think all of these are subjective imo.

We will really know when SCHEDULED FACTION WAR begins. XD if there is any of course :)

TIP:
In my server (SOHA) factionschat is always active and freely communicates with one another. Our safe channel is 1(red).
If i need to make a daily fast run i just go there for instant finish daily.
I also take note of time and channels which the other faction are usually camping.
If worse comes to worst, I ask help from guildmates/friends/call the cavalry faction for back up.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the faction changing and the way faction is balanced is that it doesnt look at the TOTAL amount of people in each faction. It looks at the amount of people currently playing within that faction. That is why it is easier to get into either faction during low-playtime periods like nighttime even though during the day they're full.

I agree that it is unfair for the other faction to be left behind progression-wise because of their faction choice. I dont think that having Soulstones behind PvP only is that great of an idea. I think that a better solution would be to implement a limit on how many of each order can be within a channel. This allows a channel to have equal parts CO and CL and allow people to fight for objectives properly. However, the problem of bots would still remain which would take up slots within that channel (which they already do I might add; especially annoying when trying to enter a channel for an objective and you're unable too).

Archived