Is it just me, or do 24 man dungeons suck?

gewd

4 hours ago, Wei2Owlsome said:

Issue here being that for instance you are stuck in ch6 that's because ch1-5 is full with 24 players in it. so you are automatically going que in ch6. unless ch6 is full or any spot in 1-5 is open u will still going stuck in ch6.

And what's wrong killing more boss for last finally boss? I find it disturbing people dislike loots drops from bosses. Boss loots are good.

Honestly more often than not the drops from the bosses are trash tier. Leaving a 24man dungeon with 13 boss boxes (not including the ones you get while killing the random bosses that spawn) and coming out with a net gain of a few powders is kind of stupid, considering the amount of time it takes to kill everything.

12 hours ago, 848742_1452550186 said:

Honestly more often than not the drops from the bosses are trash tier. 

this. reclearing bosses is a waste of time, it is more efficient to skip the last boss and finish your other dailies or farm 6-man bsh or brightstone.

E.fleet shouldn't take more than 45 minutes with a group, unless your clan doesn't really group up for anything (what's the point of them then) you can get everything and the last boss in 45 minutes to an hour.

Nightshade harbor is complete bullshit since they take much longer to complete and you actually are better off ignoring half the instance and going to other dailies

The concept of 24 man is fine, but a few tweaks could make them better. 

1) Raid groups of 24 people must be included in this game. It's ridiculous to have 24 man content with 4 groups of 6. Trying to get all guildies into a single instance is a nightmare and time sink. It's possible, but sucks. 

2) Counter on top displaying how many people are in the current instance. Sometimes you think an instance is empty when really 16 people are just on the other side of the map. 

3) When entering, allow users to see a list of instances (with current players in each) and allow them to select which instance they want to join. 

3.5) Have a safe area within the instance that allows the same list / switching. This one isn't really a big deal since leaving the instance and walking back in isn't hard. And paying coins doesn't mean anything after your first time because you should have hundreds of them. :P 

indeed. 24man dungeon suck, i find it fairly easy on e.fleet because on my server most players recently hit 45 i think so more people are doing e.fleet but... NIGHT SHADE IS A NIGHTMARE. dont even know whos in the channel as no one respond. and i always try to lead a team whenever i enter a channel for it. I do agree that we should be able to make a party of 24 or see a list of how many people is in the channel of the 24man dungeon. 

What i do is i get into X channel and invite people to my party so they can get on my channel and then leave the party to invite other people so they can get on the same channel so we are gonna be at least 10 people in this channel that i know of. BUt seriously, NCsoft need to fix the 24man dungeon system, if im playing on a dead server (dochun) which i think is pretty dead compared to others. i want to know at least WHO is in the channel or how many people ARE in the channel of the 24man.

I wish character transfer existed. itd be the first thing in cash shop id buy. Or even DO MERGING SERVER.

On 2/14/2016 at 3:45 PM, lnvisibleOne said:

The problem lies in the fact that many of you ignored warnings during launch and chose to reroll servers that everyone who knew what was coming swore would be ghost towns. There's a reason why you should've put up with the queues back then and the subject of this topic as well as future ones regarding faction farming in 50 cap are said reason. My advice would be to reroll on the heavily populated servers before you sink any more time in, otherwise you'll only suffer further. 

I was thinking the same thing myself. Not that I enjoyed the queue times...but I knew this was one of the reasons that they didn't open up 500 servers at launch. I even described the 2 common scenarios that new MMO's experience...the too many servers release, and the too few servers release. This is the result of the too many servers release. as the population dies down once the MMO Nomad's leave the game, the vast array of server are now ghost towns, forcing the developer to spend even more money condensing servers.

as to the concept of 24 man design being bad...I was confused at first, because the MMO's im used to that have "24 man" instances means you need a group of 24 people in one group...not just whatever number of people you may have in the instance.

I do see it as ineffective in it's current design...as the OP said, the design is very reliant on large population servers. as the pops drop, these will become an issue as we'll eventually run out of people to even complete the bosses in the 24 man's.

the other issue is that it's pretty obvious that the server tech they are using is archaic to say the best, or at worst, simply designed that bad...that they can't transfer characters. This will mean that server mergers may not happen...we all may have to close out characters and start new ones, with massive equipment transfers happening...people losing precious stacks of crafting materials, etc. It all looks like it could become a huge mess.

I personally think that the best long term solution is cross server groups.

I haven't thought about it that much. Even though in Poh 24 men, the queue is slow and Hajoon was the first servers that was up on launch.

Now that I think about it, for 2/3 weeks I have not encountered queue on entering server at night or weekends. Not to mention the price on a few key items just got jacked up really high again in market. Guess this proves it, population is way down.

We have NCWest don't we? The whole point wasn't it to "westernize" the game for players here? Plus the game was outr in late 2000s, players nowadays want certain game feature that may not have been available then.

1 hour ago, Mistia said:

I haven't thought about it that much. Even though in Poh 24 men, the queue is slow and Hajoon was the first servers that was up on launch.

Now that I think about it, for 2/3 weeks I have not encountered queue on entering server at night or weekends. Not to mention the price on a few key items just got jacked up really high again in market. Guess this proves it, population is way down.

We have NCWest don't we? The whole point wasn't it to "westernize" the game for players here? Plus the game was outr in late 2000s, players nowadays want certain game feature that may not have been available then.

good point. guess that's the downside to being in the "conversion" market rather then the creation market. your competing with games that are just coming out. 

On the flip  side...western developed games are going in different directions now...I think that's partially why so many companies like NChard and Trion/Trioff are investing in conversions...you almost have to go east to get MMO's that follow more traditional MMO schema. that and if you like anime, that's where you go for anime MMO's...

downside is your fighting years old tech...even if it was advanced for it's day. I mean....some things in this game makes me shudder (like the server design), but at the same time, the graphics and combat (object interaction as well as the style) were years ahead of it's time. not sure if it was 5 years ahead...some things felt dated when I came in. 

• 4 months later...

At what time does it become possible to solo Poharan 24 man?  Hard to find a group and i need that darn siren bracelet that's only there and not on 6 man as near as I can tell. i can spawn her no trouble as Mr Sobo is a really easy summoner solo. just have to cat tank two out of three high damage fire burts. his phantom rip does no damage (just SS after it) and his fireball stun can be avoided by attacking as it hits you.  

1 hour ago, zapzap77 said:

Hard to find a group and i need that darn siren bracelet that's only there and not on 6 man as near as I can tell.

I could be wrong, but somehow I remember getting the siren bracelet from 6 man Blackram Supply Chain, first boss (Salamish or something like that).

i liked the 2 moonwater 24 mans when they came out. but they are dead now. 

beastbog sucks, 20 minites in between 3 boss spawns, with nothing to really keep you occupied while you wait.

frost scale basin is dead but it is the best xp you can get for killing stuff so its worth doing to push hongmoon lvls. expect to solo bosses if you want to do those though. 

zaiwai ruins i like though. somethings always coming up, wait times are still a but long but not nearly was bad as beastbog. better chance of the rare boss spawning and giving everyone free stingers.

i hope the 24 man content improves though.

5 hours ago, Trilioh said:

ASuggestion:

Add soulstones as rewards for those places and watch them come to life.

This will also help players that wish to avoid the awfulness that is ssp.

Yep - 3-5 for the kill the bosses quests and random chance out of the boss loot.. It would be packed.

Same with Zaiwei Ruins - Add a chance for a stinger to every boss drop and you won't have crowds of assholes sitting at the last guy waiting for everyone else to clear the zone for them. What those a-holes don't understand is they'd have probably twice the number of runs at the last guy if they helped clear the rest of the zone.  You go in there when it's the daily and the zone runs like clockwork and everyone profits

On 6/23/2016 at 4:04 PM, Eileithia said:

Yep - 3-5 for the kill the bosses quests and random chance out of the boss loot.. It would be packed.

Same with Zaiwei Ruins - Add a chance for a stinger to every boss drop and you won't have crowds of assholes sitting at the last guy waiting for everyone else to clear the zone for them. What those a-holes don't understand is they'd have probably twice the number of runs at the last guy if they helped clear the rest of the zone.  You go in there when it's the daily and the zone runs like clockwork and everyone profits

its a good idea but it breaks the soulstone lore so it wont happen. cant have crimsons and ceruleans working together for a resource they are at war with. 

i say add a chance at a stinger for all minor bosses. 

and lower the amount of time it takes to spawn bosses in beastbog, or add more to do to flesh out how long it takes. 

you can complete the 2 minor quests there in like 10 minites, then you get to stand around for 50 minites waiting.

Archived