Forums

Dungeon flames are poor design

NimbleVolunteer

I never understood why killing everyone who wasn't in the boss fight room yet is a core feature of the game. All this does is encourage everyone to rush the boss and punishes people for lagging or getting stuck in combat. Does only the person with the fastest loading screen deserve to be alive at the boss? 

If you want to cut off the boss fight room, use walls that don't kill you and pull everyone into the boss fight room when the boss is aggro'd. 

I know this probably don't answer your question and only adds to it but I think that the cube like turrets that spawns near the flamewall during bossfights serve no proper purpose other than to *cricket* people off. Why is it necessary to have such a thing when flame wall is already enough to deter people from re entering the boss fight after they die?

I agree with the TC; I've been killed because I was trying to help someone who had died in a fight when the rest of the group started the next fight. Close the doors if you don't want people joining the fight late; why should I be killed because other people are inconsiderate to others?

The walls are to prevent zerging the bosses iirc. Granted they could just have a type of door close,but there are some games that people would use doors to glitch the boss where some attacks like aoe's would still hit the boss through the door avoiding mechanics where the boss could be running into the door trying to get to the people while the others were on the other side safe and being able to damage it. Which the fire helps to prevent something like that. 

There are a lot of people that don't wait for others to get all the way in, or don't know where the fire spawns. Like on the Twins fight in Bloodshade Harbor, the fire is really close on both sides and a lot of people try to stand by the Dragonblood fountain while waiting to start the fight, and that's exactly where the fire is. 

I made a thread about this in january but sadly got no support on it, nor any ncsoft members to read it.. I hope they read this thread though so it might get adjusted some day. My statement back then was that our worst enemy in the fight should be the boss, not the fire wall that is only there to prevent me from running away or entering when late / respawned after death. When I first hit 45 on this server I think I died at least 5 times to using SS into the fire wall at Dokumo x_x , it felt really lame and people tried to ress me and died too. 

I agree, it's frustrating and tho i understand the reason behind it, this is not the best way of doing it. I got killed by flames multiple times too (and tbh i feel satisfied about letting the rushers deal the boss alone, while i'm sitting outside and still get the loot/quest prog),  but what i hate the most, is the turret inside it. It killed me while i was INSIDE the boss room, but went too close to it...WHY? just...why?

Some solution that could work in preventing unnecesery deaths:

1. Mark on the floor where the fire (and turret range) starts and ends

2. Put a few sec delay on between boss aggro and fire spawning, so slower players has a chance to get in too

3. DO NOT allow turret to target you INSIDE the boss room (it's simply stupid -.-)

4. Instead of fire use 2 doors with bigger space between them than any skill's range. First door would prevent going in, second door would prevent comming out either for players AND boss. Players between the 2 doors would have the chance to go inside the boss's room.

I'm kinda in somewhat agreement with this. I don't really mind the lockout by flames but it is kinda annoying dying from it when you have one or two people who are zerging through the dungeon and get accidentally caught in the flames trying to keep up. A few weeks ago I remember my first run through Blackram Narrows we had a 45 and I think a 38 with us they just blazed through the area and by time I caught up they were working on the last boss. Before I could jump down there, the cutsecene triggered, I skipped it and was standing in fire. Honestly though, I thought it was kinda funny.

Last night was kinda funny too. We were working on killing trash one person decided to attack the boss alone and all of us fighting trash right where the flames spawned died.

12 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

The fire walls have been there since the Korean launch in 2012, and I don't see them being removed in the future; even for specific regions. I highly doubt our version of the game is getting that kind of special treatment.

I feel the same, but still, it can't hurt to write our opinion and suggest some changes. They can be beneficial for every version, not just ours ^^

6 minutes ago, Hazriel said:

I feel the same, but still, it can't hurt to write our opinion and suggest some changes. They can be beneficial for every version, not just ours ^^

I have no problem with writing in suggestions, i'm just more cynical lol. But hey I might be wrong and it'll get removed by the development team eventually.

The best solution I've found to the fire walls is to wait for everyone or if someone does get locked out ask that we all wipe and reset the fight. Both methods tend to work 50% of the time as everyone's always in a rush :/

2 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

The best solution I've found to the fire walls is to wait for everyone or if someone does get locked out ask that we all wipe and reset the fight. Both methods tend to work 50% of the time as everyone's always in a rush :/

Unfortunately in 90% of the runs i did someone always decided to aggro the boss, even if the rest of the party were waiting for the left-behind comrades (even if we warned them to wait for everyone) It happened multiple times that i left behind resurrecting someone, or just helping clear the mobs, if someone stuck in combat, and was either killed by the fire or stuck outside of the fight. So my numbers would be only 20% instead of 50% unfortunately :/

Tho as i mentioned earlier, i feel satisfied, when the rushers struggle with the boss alone, and i  still get loot for sitting back ^^

nice i wanted to post about fire walls as well.

in at least half dungeons i do every day, theres always someone who always rushes first and makes at least 1 party member die or stay behind walls where turrets do 20k per shot. Doesnt help if that person doesnt speak English and communication is difficult.

Remove fire walls!

Archived