The official complaint thread.

voodooblade

Just as the title states, I Made this thread so we can lay forth our own personal gripes with the PvP Scene of the game for the public eye. Before we start a few common courtesy rules,

1)This is for discussing issues only. Not wishing death on the devs sorta anger. 

2) Do not come into this thread ready to give NCSoft abundance of praise or spout your denial. This is so we can see who else experiences PVP related issues, and express our discontent in an organized matter so that NCSoft may, by some miracle read it. In short consolidate some of the 100,000 issue threads. 

3) I will be updating the section with links I feel are important, you may do so as well if you wish.

4) No Bickering, Degrading, bigoted comments. Again this is an attempt at funneling all the negativity into something constructive. 

5) This is not the thread for you to spill your Denial, or defense. There are 100,000 topics for that. Go there, not here. 

Now that we have this out of the way lets see how long before either a FanBoy or Angry troll ruins this.

My main issue with the PvP is the bloated ping due to poor servers. Secondly, classes suffer from inequality, primarily BM being famous for a handicap(We all knew this was coming). I am not saying BM is useless, nor am I saying every other class is broken. BM is crippled, having fought them and played the class, 95% of them can barely stand a reasonable chance. Hence why they make up 3% of gold or higher population. (Hit f11 to verify for yourself outside of arena.)

Furthermore the most recent trend of Hackers and people using glitches. The main glitch I know of is the Summoner Paw glitch. Which has been around and confirmed since the latest Jan 26th, yet stands today unchanged. Furthermore Three hacks have been reported, one of which has been verified. The other two reported are 16m teleport without any cd restriction. Ability to lock on Assassin even when stealth. And the one that is verified beyond a doubt, the ability to fly in the air in combat, take no damage, cc Immunity yet attack. Only so far has been seen with Summoner and FM.  

Relevant links.

hacker 1

hack 2

http://www.twitch.tv/spoookytgc/v/40989831

hacker 3

My biggest gripe is that it's nearly impossible to have a discussion about tactics or strategy without it falling to the second page in 10 minutes because of all the complaint threads. It would be awesome if the forum moderators would follow through with their rules and combine or close the duplicate threads so other discussions get more view opportunities. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ALL the complaint threads should go away, but we could consolidate "Summoner is OP" threads 1-5000 into one. 

There's just not enough time in life to sit around being so angry with something that is supposed to serve as entertainment. If I felt that way, I wouldn't be playing this game or visiting this forum to complain about it. And just to be clear, my main and only character is a BM. 

My biggest gripe is that no one seems to want to discuss game mechanics, so I hardly ever get any substance from this particular forum.  I'd love to hear more specifically about what a class is doing that feels overpowered (abilities, builds, etc.).  For example, there was  KFM thread that mentioned an issue with FMs freezing them and moving behind them to keep them perma-frozen for free casting.  I spent some time looking through some details of FM (the class I play and love), and outlined how Chill/Freeze operates, and what all can apply Chill stacks/Freeze outright, along with cooldowns.  The OP seemed very appreciative and I think learned something valuable to go back and try to improve.  It's a treat to lay your class bare, as if you have an open discussion with someone about it, they'll respond with ideas on how to counter you, and you can start to learn from each other.

I'd love some actually substantial discussion sometimes.

My biggest complaint is the amount of CC the game has. I can understand the need for it in a PvE environment with the boss mechanics that include adds but PvP matches should not be decided because of the vast amount of knockdowns, stuns & stun locks all classes have. It's just way too much at the moment. I've always been okay with one situation CC (1min+CD) & one hard class specific CC (20 second CD for 3 sec CC) & that is it. One escape for each class that is on the same cool down with another escape being spec into. 

On the contrary, I find that the huge amount of CC is what makes the game's PvP quite so rewarding, since a single mistake can cost you the match if the opponent is good enough and has learned to chain his CC(which is quite difficult if you consider how often CC is on cooldown). It's things like that which make the exchanges tense and the matches better. It also encourages being careful with tab escapes and playing around opponents instead of just smacking all your keys.

Which is why I think the big 3 get so much hate (summ,lbd and destro) since they're capable of having a near-permanent defence up whilst also being able to go 100% offensive in a fight. And people feel cheated losing to those classes since they require a lot less forethought and strategy than others.

On the contrary, I find that the huge amount of CC is what makes the game's PvP quite so rewarding, since a single mistake can cost you the match if the opponent is good enough and has learned to chain his CC(which is quite difficult if you consider how often CC is on cooldown). It's things like that which make the exchanges tense and the matches better. It also encourages being careful with tab escapes and playing around opponents instead of just smacking all your keys.

Which is why I think the big 3 get so much hate (summ,lbd and destro) since they're capable of having a near-permanent defence up whilst also being able to go 100% offensive in a fight. And people feel cheated losing to those classes since they require a lot less forethought and strategy than others.

Edit: Crap, doubleposted. My bad.

I think PVP is mostly fine if you're not a tryhard. I do have a few general complaints though. Good sins are really annoying. I don't think they're OP, but they're annoying to fight against. Along with the usual bevy of CC, they blind you and run around like sneaky ninjas. Summoners are way, way too easy to play for what you can get out of the class. They are strong when played half-decently and oppressive when played well. Blade Master is really frustrating to play right now. I got mine to 34 and ended up deleting it because it was not fun for PVE or PVP. I don't mind an uphill battle, but right now the average BM is at the foot of Everest looking up. Also, I wanted to play a wuxia swordsman, not a spellsword.

I want more arenas with designs that matter. Why do we only fight in a box? Sprinkle some bridges, and platforms, and short duration buffs around. Make some unranked maps where windwalking is allowed the whole match and make terrain suitable for it. I'm thinking an arena like 3 times the size of the one we have now, but make it outdoors and have all kind of interesting terrain. IDK, maybe that would totally suck, but there's plenty of things they could do. Basically, I want some "fun" PVP maps where players can go to blow off some steam as opposed to being awful to one another in lobby chat. I played a lot of Hutball in SWTOR, and no matter how hard I got wrecked, it was always fun, because the map was amazing. I'm REALLY missing some BG's and objective based PVP. 

Also, please, please, for the love of god, let us turn off chat in the lobby. Seriously. I thought I had already seen the most hostile and awful community in LoL, but the B&S PVP community makes them look like fluffy bunny rabbits who give free hugs. You guys (not anyone specifically) are complete douchebags. I know trolling and being an idiot is a time-honored tradition in PVP MMORPGs, but the community here is absolutely horrendous.

Overall, fun game. Needs PVP that's more than just PVP'ing in a cage, and I want to be able to disable lobby chat. 

28 minutes ago, Zooks said:

I thought I had already seen the most hostile and awful community in LoL, but the B&S PVP community makes them look like fluffy bunny rabbits who give free hugs.

Played LoL for five years, believe me, LoL is worse. Most of the PvP lobby hate is just people venting,

Agreed with many of your points, I feel as if the main three classes cc immunity (Which can be spammed)seems oddly out of placed for a cc heavy game. I feel every class should have a block, or a cc immunity with a long cd, and short lived. Focusing more on evasion mechanics like q and e and that 1 immunity. LBD can spam their immunity compared to most classes, hence is cheap in many players eyes, and frustrating. And for martial arts game some classes can only stand and block like bm, seems out of place for a kung fu game. I mean how many kungfu films show the protagonist or villain standing still and spamming a block? That is something more for a medieval game, with tower shields IMO. 

My official complaint. I wanna try out my class with the new HM skills + extra points (BM) but i'm being so severely cockblocked by the 200+ ping EU servers have that i just cannot play and have avoided arena for the past 5-6 days except tag. When your wins rely on perfectly playing out your cc's and the sudden 2 sec spike makes u hit into a parry spin instead of him you can just go afk and cry.

On another note: *cricket* assassin's. I'd rather have my balls cut off then having to play them in arena.

Archived