Noriken

[Update] Support's Response to Character Appearance Change Due to 2/10 Patch

Noriken   

***EDIT***

Since some community managers saw fit to edit my post to remove the response from support I've decided to edit it again to ensure that it remains visible.

@Community Managers

Let's not *cricket* around and play this game of "sweeping things under the rug" cause I'm not the type of person that will just sit around and let you edit my posts.

If you want to conduct business, do it with transparency.
Everyone knows this is an issue, the response I received from support should not be something that should have to be kept a secret unless your support team was feeding me bullshit.

Your actions in editing my post to remove that response speak volumes with regards to how the team intends to handle this specific issue; if that's the case I simply won't spend anymore money on this game and simply play for free without ever spending another dime. I have no qualms with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***ORIGINAL POST***

After some extensive back and forth with the NA/EU BnS they've come forth with some semblance of information and what seems to be an assurance that they are actually taking the changed character appearance issue very seriously.

At first it seemed like they were just trying to sweep the issue under the rug in the hopes that the players affected would eventually just give up and forget about the issue however that doesn't seem to be the case [as based on the most recent response I had received from their support team].

So, keep it up guys, our voices and complaints are [supposedly] being heard; let's make sure we keep NCWest accountable.

Hello again,

Our sincerest apologies for the delay in the responses as we go through the high volume of the tickets we're handling.

We understand your frustrations regarding this issue and rest assured that we are taking extra measures in investigating the report. For privacy reasons, we are not able to provide specific information about what action is taken in response to this concern. I'm sorry that we aren't able to provide more information about the outcome in this case. We do take these reports very seriously, and we will do everything we can to verify what happened. 

As of now, Please keep an eye to our official website and forums for the announcement about the current issue and for possible compensation.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding on this matter.

Regards,

GM DeeJay
NCSOFT Support Team

Edited by Noriken
Community Manager(s) deleted/edited a portion of the post. Fixed it.

8 minutes ago, Noriken said:

After some extensive back and forth with the NA/EU BnS they've come forth with some semblance of information and what seems to be an assurance that they are actually taking the changed character appearance issue very seriously.

At first it seemed like they were just trying to sweep the issue under the rug in the hopes that the players affected would eventually just give up and forget about the issue however that doesn't seem to be the case [as based on the most recent response I had received from their support team].

So, keep it up guys, our voices and complaints are [supposedly] being heard; let's make sure we keep NCWest accountable.

For reference, I'll include the most recent response from support below:

Doesn't really say much. I've gotten responses from them about things I absolutely know they aren't going to do a thing about with the exact same type of wording. Not saying you're wrong and that they're absolutely not caring about the issue, but I don't think this is proof enough

Edited by GreenBunionSoup

Noriken   
1 minute ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

Doesn't really say much. I've gotten responses from them about things I absolutely know they aren't going to do a thing about with the exact same type of wording. Not saying you're wrong and that they're absolutely not caring about the issue, but I don't think this is proof enough

Honestly I'm [more] than a bit hesitant to trust them myself given NCSoft's track record when handling their previous games.

However, I've had some pretty decent experiences with the BnS support team thus far.

In fact, I've gotten a response to every ticket and response I've filed within 24 hours of me filing it; sometimes the tickets are resolved within 30 minutes of my initial filing.

That being said, I don't plan on simply saying "oh ok, thanks for the vague response" and just leaving it alone.

I'll definitely keep up with it and ask for more updates if we don't hear anything about it soon.

Best case scenario: 

NCWest actually does do something about it and players are offered some semblance of compensation to fix their characters or the changes are reverted.

In which case I'll be more than happy to keep playing and spending money to support the game.

Worst case scenario:

NCWest just keeps giving us vague answers and never does anything with regards to the changes or providing affected players with compensation.

In which case I'll still play the game but I just won't spend anymore money to support it.

Either way, the reason for my even posting this is to acknowledge the fact that they're at least taking the time to state what they're stating and that we, as affected players, should hold them accountable for the changes and what they are [or aren't] telling us.

1 minute ago, Noriken said:

Honestly I'm [more] than a bit hesitant to trust them myself given NCSoft's track record when handling their previous games.

However, I've had some pretty decent experiences with the BnS support team thus far.

In fact, I've gotten a response to every ticket and response I've filed within 24 hours of me filing it; sometimes the tickets are resolved within 30 minutes of my initial filing.

That being said, I don't plan on simply saying "oh ok, thanks for the vague response" and just leaving it alone.

I'll definitely keep up with it and ask for more updates if we don't hear anything about it soon.

Best case scenario: 

NCWest actually does do something about it and players are offered some semblance of compensation to fix their characters or the changes are reverted.

In which case I'll be more than happy to keep playing and spending money to support the game.

Worst case scenario:

NCWest just keeps giving us vague answers and never does anything with regards to the changes or providing affected players with compensation.

In which case I'll still play the game but I just won't spend anymore money to support it.

Either way, the reason for my even posting this is to acknowledge the fact that they're at least taking the time to state what they're stating and that we, as affected players, should hold them accountable for the changes and what they are [or aren't] telling us.

My responses from them have been frequent, and inconsistently helpful or just crap. When I put in a ticket about how ridiculous it is that we can't transfer items, they ignored it absolutely completely and just said they can offer me a one-time costume transfer. Not a single word about what I came to complain about, and instead basically bribed me into shutting up about it (and it worked). Another time was when I asked about Fabrics, and how ridiculous it is trying to get the costumes from the transmutation outfit pouches, and they gave me a generic answer apologizing and all that, as if they didn't read what I said and just knew it was something they couldn't/wouldn't do anything about.

Not saying anything about them like they're a crappy dev team or anything. I reserve judgement like that when I have more experience with the company, and they at least tried to help me a few times. What I dislike is the amount of patronizing they do. If we bring up an issue and it's something they actually can't do anything about, the least they can do is tell us that. Right now it makes us all completely uneasy because it just sounds like they refuse to do these things. It's even worse when we ask these things when a Valentine Event and RNG Chest have just come out. 

I kind of went off a bit too much. I really do hope I am wrong and they aren't just patronizing us about this issue. If they actually do deal with this soon I'll have a bit more hope

Noriken   

Only thing we can do now is wait and see and keep pressuring them to follow-through with what they're saying they'll do.

Either way, I just want to remind the community that simply forgetting isn't going to make NCWest fix the issue or we would have heard some official acknowledgement of the issue already.

Dasom   

Ugh thank you for this, although i lost hope in ncsoft's support group. This response enlightens their image in a way that's more supporting LOL. 

I was done and tired of the vague ass replies. Hopefully this fix/compensation arrives soon because i literally have no motivation to log in and look at my shitty ass character

Noriken   
3 minutes ago, Dasom said:

Ugh thank you for this, although i lost hope in ncsoft's support group. This response enlightens their image in a way that's more supporting LOL. 

I was done and tired of the vague ass replies. Hopefully this fix/compensation arrives soon because i literally have no motivation to log in and look at my shitty ass character

Take it with a grain of salt Dasom.

As hopeful as I want to be, and as promising as this might sound, words are just words until action is taken.

Given NCWest's track record with previous games we're not out of the woods yet, but this is a start.

We just need to keep on trucking and hopefully they'll actually do something about this.

I can't speak for everyone when I say this but by not resolving the issue for me they'll lose more than they'll gain.

For the cost of one character appearance change voucher I would have purchased more premium (in 10 days) as well as a minimum of 3 costumes for my character, not to mention Dragon Trade Pouches for more inventory space.

As it stands right now, I'm not buying anything until resolution is reached.

I more or less stop using the support unless its a client issue.

Every time I use the support they say report a to the forum then the forum tell me to submit a ticket.

Noriken   
4 hours ago, Darkshana said:

I more or less stop using the support unless its a client issue.

Every time I use the support they say report a to the forum then the forum tell me to submit a ticket.

Well we're back on the forums.

Hopefully they give us some info soon or I'll be spending my money on other games.

Shauneh   
7 hours ago, Noriken said:

For reference, I'll include the most recent response from support below:

LMAO you got an automated response, and you believe they're "looking into things" wow... read the message a couple of times, and see if you can notice they USED GENERIC words and phrases to encompass all issues without actually mentioning the issue you were reporting in the first place. 

"We understand your frustrations regarding THIS ISSUE and rest assured that we are taking extra measures in investigating the report." The keywords is "this issue" they never actually took the time out to type regarding "character changes since the patch" (which is sad, because even some companies go that extra mile when they give you their cut & paste). Everything else in the sentence is sugar coating to make you feel they're hard at work. As it clearly worked in this case, because you actually believed they were looking into this issue. lol~

Going to have to try harder when you try to delete someones post. I always take pictures, and backup what I type. Nice try though. (you know who im talking to)

Edited by Shauneh
CM's trying to hide things

Noriken   
1 hour ago, Shauneh said:

LMAO you got an automated response, and you believe they're "looking into things" wow... read the message a couple of times, and see if you can notice they USED GENERIC words and phrases to encompass all issues without actually mentioning the issue you were reporting in the first place. 

"We understand your frustrations regarding THIS ISSUE and rest assured that we are taking extra measures in investigating the report." The keywords is "this issue" they never actually took the time out to type regarding "character changes since the patch" (which is sad, because even some companies go that extra mile when they give you their cut & paste). Everything else in the sentence is sugar coating to make you feel they're hard at work. As it clearly worked in this case, because you actually believed they were looking into this issue. lol~

Going to have to try harder when you try to delete someones post. I always take pictures, and backup what I type. Nice try though. (you know who im talking to)

Yes Shauneh.

Support replied to my ticket and referred to the issue that I mentioned as "this issue" because I had already specified the issue I was referring to in my first submission.

Disregarding the fact that this is the 3rd (or 4th) response from support in the same ticket chain referencing the same issue it's common practice when speaking english to reference an established subject with pronouns such as "this" or "that" to type out an established subject that all parties are aware we are already discussing would be redundant.

That aside, nothing, they've said in the aforementioned reply has made me "actually believe" that they're working on anything.

Instead, I'm choosing to "wait and see" and posting this in the hopes that players affected by the same issue keep pressuring them as well since, to quote myself,  "Honestly I'm [more] than a bit hesitant to trust them myself given NCSoft's track record when handling their previous games."

Edited by Noriken

Shauneh   
11 hours ago, Noriken said:

Yes Shauneh.

Support replied to my ticket and referred to the issue that I mentioned as "this issue" because I had already specified the issue I was referring to in my first submission.

Disregarding the fact that this is the 3rd (or 4th) response from support in the same ticket chain referencing the same issue it's common practice when speaking english to reference an established subject with pronouns such as "this" or "that" to type out an established subject that all parties are aware we are already discussing would be redundant.

That aside, nothing, they've said in the aforementioned reply has made me "actually believe" that they're working on anything.

Instead, I'm choosing to "wait and see" and posting this in the hopes that players affected by the same issue keep pressuring them as well since, to quote myself,  "Honestly I'm [more] than a bit hesitant to trust them myself given NCSoft's track record when handling their previous games."

Well i'm happy you don't actually believe the bs they're cutting & pasting. I've worked in customer support for many years "Issue" is the "safe" word, it leaves room for a broader interpretation, without directly saying "We know there is a problem with this." So if they decide to not do anything, they can say later "We never said anything about character problems, we said we're looking into issues." meaning they can claim later it was never an issue in the first place. As long as they keep the main words out of the conversation, it saves them legally. 

Also to add to your current issue of CM's editing posts, that's why I wrote the last bit at the end of mine. They deleted mine almost instantly after I had posted it, which solidifies my argument about it being some cut & paste, and they are not, looking into anything. I also would like to note I have all the pictures from last night when this post was edited, and when mine was deleted. So continue digging those holes NCsoft, and CM's I'm almost certain I know who did it too, proof of that is also available.