I want to give up!

Noxx88

After trying every possible thing I have read and been told by the support. I can at best play this game on lowest graphics for 10-15 min intervals before my computer restarts. I am assuming it is due to the GPU driver crashing as that could be the only thing left after me and support have gone over everything. Well I have gone over everything,  the NCsoft support just copy and pasted premade vague responses to my otherwise detailed tickets.  My system should be able to run this easily. I understand it was having issues with a few services which have all been turned off etc but nothing has helped including a complete reinstall of windows.

Win 10 64bit

8gig ram

700Psu

Gtx970 8gig

1TB HD

The sad thing is the game is really fun for the total of a hour I have played through out the crashes.

GPU crash would not shut down your pc though, in most cases it would recover and probably get locked into a "safe mode" until you reboot. if it does not recover you would basically have no vid and would need to hard reset. 

system crashes generally happen due to CPU or Ram issues, you could run Prime95 for and hour or so and it would tell you if your cpu and ram is stable. after that if your still iffy about ram you could run a memtest but chances are prime95 will fail on one or more cores if there is a ram issue. i used it to test system stability when i was tightening the timing on my ram.

i agree though their support sucks and they dont communicate with the community on big issues like they should. coming from skyforge (game is a grindy repetitive bore with boring underdeveloped classes) they frequently communicated about everything on the forums. here the don't say crap except sorry the servers down lol.

honestly your not missing much, they screwed something up with the game engine and for most people group content freezes, stutters and lags like crazy. it not really fun at all. but when it works right its awesome. i dont know how long im willing to wait for them to fix there shizz before i find something that runs right to waste my time with. i definitely wont be spending money for the trainwreck it is right now. 

my PC runs the china client fine i dont know what they screwed up...        

Their is really no warning that something went wrong. You just here a click in the tower and the PC reboots suddenly I have tried to use whocrashed but it doesnt pick up anything. So either it is a hardware failure or I am missing something but I have ran numerous stress tests with no negatives getting reported.  I have now been able to play the game for 30ish mins with everything set to 1 and or off. 

I have the BSOD problem after the update. It happend everytime after playing 20 to 40 mins.My laptop is a brand new alienware 17 R3 with GTX980: 16GB memery: i7 6820HK. The computer works great when I playing GTA5 and all other games. I think there must be some problem with B&S. Hope the problem could be solved shortly.

You'll have to check Event Viewer log to know what is causing it the crash if windows even manage to catch any. Usually an automatic computer restart is the aftermath of BSOD but it can be something else.

At this point i really think of hardware stability insurance is needed, you should stress test the system with programs like 3DMark and Unigen: Heaven to see if it can hold up for 30 mins least with all graphic settings to max.

Archived