EU Server Latency is a joke.

Carsten

If you playing on NA servers please just let the door hit you on way out, since i´m sick of them bolsting about shit they clueless about. ( have had multipe mates try NA Vs EU and found NA better (even with higher ping).

Head start. Decent ping, barely skill-lag. few game freezes. 

the Current state of the servers are beyond crap. I have played many game releases, and i have to say these servers are even worse then those in Wildstar and those were crap. 

so what about you atleast give us a decent offical response something like ´ we know we are cheap and lazy as *cricket* and refusing to drop any funds into the game. but we are aware we atleast delivering crappy servers from 2001.. ´  Wont be so hard. and we would know you were aware of the state of this crap.

there´s not a day without a certain skill lag, skills being unable to be used, game freezing for upward 30 seconds,  Arena freezes like this is so RNG who wins, server crashes (well thats just any NCSOFT game honestly), But really. its close to unplayable.  this is supposely a PVP game.. But the stabilty and latency are worse i have seen in any mmorpg. 

I am not saying its lagging ALL the time, I am not saying its a problem always. But it is a major problem if you wish this game to acutally last.. but i guess you just milk the cow and throw it away like yeee.. Your other games.    Currently state of servers are getting worse patch by patch,  and the ram usage went up like masssively in this patch to top it..  

do you guys only use interns for your games?  Please any sort of *cricket*ing resposne would be awesome.. I do like the game tho its lacking many ways.. But these servers are UNACCEPTABLE in ANY GAME. its 2016... Even ESO didnt have this much problem and that was a CRAPPY release..

Edit.. Its pretty simple if its not fixed soon there wont be any EU servers like Aion.  and they are reking in alot of cash from EU servers. so it would also cut down some of the NA funds since they losing alot of funds.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta agree,

Game is becoming more and more unplayable. 

Seriously... Getting 2 sec delay on casts is ... beyond ridiculous, not to mention life threatening. 

And we had the same issues over beta... - esp CBT3 and 4, or the staff has already "forgotten" (chosen to ignore) that?

DO something about it!!!  

WE WANT TO PLAY BNS

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS GAME FOR YEARS

And now you are slapping us across the face with crappy unstable servers. 

Just now, Carsten said:

Well spreading the topic on facebook pages, and other social medias.. and will keep doing so and keep screen saving topic ot have hard prove if they delete it.

Please do.

I've tried contacting them through Twitter and these forums but they refuse to respond to anything to do with the issue. I'm starting to get tired of trying, which is exactly what they want I guess.

True.. So only way is basicly try get as much focus on this topic and once they delete it we have hard proof of them completely denying this *cricket*ing problem . but ye screencap so we have more then jsut one person with it. I mean.. If they choice to keep trying to put this under the rug. 

I agree with op, i do love this game but the latency and the FPS troubles makes it hard to play even with a good computer ! It means for us that we are not competitive on arenas due to spells not triggering, and some PvE aspects are at the best ugly (Poh24 and BSH24) and at the worst unplayable (black wyrm)... so sad :(

12 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

I play on EU server and according to WTFAST the server i play on is located in NA.. what?

This is because you're actually connecting directly to the actual server, which is in Texas.

We have to connect through Texas to the Frankfurt located server. You can only imagine what kind of a cluster *cricket* this is...

We jump through quite a few nodes one way just to get sent back home afterwards... yea... not cool!

I have a constant 120-150ms which should NOT be since i'm living in Amsterdam.

139812138.png

Anyone else also having disconnects constantly every half hour or so as well as the lag? It is getting very old now trying to do instances and DCing just before bosses die, then coming back to the game throwing me on a random channel away from my group and not letting me change to their channel until I leave the instance and come back in again. Its just ridiculous....

10 hours ago, Caladiel said:

This is because you're actually connecting directly to the actual server, which is in Texas.

We have to connect through Texas to the Frankfurt located server. You can only imagine what kind of a cluster *cricket* this is...

We jump through quite a few nodes one way just to get sent back home afterwards... yea... not cool!

I have a constant 120-150ms which should NOT be since i'm living in Amsterdam.

139812138.png

Is this really true?!

If it is then that would mean choosing the EU server (if you're in the EU) would mean that you would have a worse connection than just pinging to Texas!!! (because you have to go to Texas, then Frankfurt then back home as a round trip, instead of just going to Texas and back). That is really messed up if that's the way they've done it and would be of no use to EU'ers at all. I only chose Europe (from the dropdown on the launcher) because I thought I'd have a better connection... you know... a good connection which is needed to a game which is based on skill and reaction lol.

I main a BM (still a noob, only been playing for a few days and I'm lvl 19) and something I've noticed is it is really hard to Parry, as ppl know parry is a reaction thing but most of the time, the only way I get it to work is via predicting an incoming attack and not reacting to it. Luckily I use the skill which has Block and Parry, but if the ping route mentioned above is true then I think the Parry only defense skill will be out of most EU players use :(

This is not true for game servers. I get about 25-30ms on the game server which is only a bit higher than my ping to an other server in Frankfurt (19ms).

It might be true for the web services (marketplace and character info) and the login server -  or maybe these are actually hosted in Texas.

I can easily block ranged attacks with my FM (0.5sec) and also use counter as reaction to attacks on my KFM. When I played on US servers during beta I also had to predict attacks to do this.

On rare occasions I get ping spikes or even noticable lag (once every few days) but this week I had no problems. There seems to be a huge difference depending on your internet provider and the way it is routing your traffic.

8 minutes ago, Koragg said:

They never have and never will care, all they care about is 'murica. Typical american mindset. 

Americans pay the bills , prime example is WoW where right now on the EU servers the time token is super expensive due to the fact that noone wants to pay for game time everyone wants to buy it with gold lol . 

Not the case on the NA servers though , there the price is super stable - it's actually pretty cheap to pay with gold for your game time .

EU playerbase = free to play mostly that won't spend a dime on the game .

Those latency issues are really making me reconsider continue playing. 

I've been yearning for official English version of Blade and Soul ever since 2010!

And now when it is out, I can hardly play because of constant lags, which get worse and worse as weeks go by. 

I was in the CBTs and there was the same issue with the EU regional servers:

CBT2 - smooth

CBT3 - ping jumps 3ce and you get 1-2 sec delays

CBT4 - same as cbt3, even after there was an outrage by more than half the EU players

The last of the CBTs were somewhat  better, but not by much.

And now, ever since launch, the story repeats itself. 

I'm not expecting perfectly smooth running, because I'm well aware my connection and machine capabilities, yet that does not mean pings of 250 and 1-3 sec delay is normal! 

I understand if there were only a handful of people with that issue, but that is not the case. 

We are many!

And the number of affected players grows on daily bases. 

People might say "Then just go and play on the NA servers 'cuz you will have better game-play experience" but I am not willing to part away from an amazing clan and whatever progress I have made so far. 

And to the guy who said something about EU not paying... EU pays ~15% more than NA due to VAT and currency exchange law. 

3 hours ago, Wrekk said:

Is this really true?!

If it is then that would mean choosing the EU server (if you're in the EU) would mean that you would have a worse connection than just pinging to Texas!!! (because you have to go to Texas, then Frankfurt then back home as a round trip, instead of just going to Texas and back). That is really messed up if that's the way they've done it and would be of no use to EU'ers at all. I only chose Europe (from the dropdown on the launcher) because I thought I'd have a better connection... you know... a good connection which is needed to a game which is based on skill and reaction lol.

I main a BM (still a noob, only been playing for a few days and I'm lvl 19) and something I've noticed is it is really hard to Parry, as ppl know parry is a reaction thing but most of the time, the only way I get it to work is via predicting an incoming attack and not reacting to it. Luckily I use the skill which has Block and Parry, but if the ping route mentioned above is true then I think the Parry only defense skill will be out of most EU players use :(

It's not true servers are in Frankfurt but the client has a few other connections for ui stuff like auction house,login servers and such open and those are in NA.

Actual Game servers are in Frankfurt,Germany it's easy to find out just tracert the game server IP 206.127.148.16  i get about 19 ms and i live in Germany.

Honestly i suspect some routing problems for some ISPs since i never had any of those problems and you shouldn't have more then 30 ms to the game servers if you are in the eu unless there are some ridiculous routing problems.

Maybe try a DNS flush if you didn't do that allrdy.

2 hours ago, Aeolos said:

I'm lagging more and more everyday, the first few days of release were amazingly lag free

Share Image

offtopic but holy shit, since when did talktalk start doing that speed, I thought virgin media had the fastest

1 hour ago, tetsuo123 said:

Maybe try a DNS flush if you didn't do that allrdy.

i think this worked for me as i haven't experienced any lag spikes since i did it yesterday. unless it was coincidental.

ACCOUNT AUTHENTICATION FAILURE WARRGARBL

18 hours ago, Carsten92 said:

Did you really placed a topic with this title?? Did you r-e-a-l-l-y wished for other people to get cancer because of your whatever game problems??? Do you know what cancer is or you just saw it somewhere and you found it cool to use it?? I've just send a ticket cause the game is unplayable for me too due to the lag spikes, but I'd rather kill myself than wish for another person to get cancer you little prick...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Archived