freezing, stuttering and fps drops in combat. now with possible bandaid.

Vau

the problem gets worse the more players are attacking. there is something horribly wrong with how this game handles hit detection/damage. i can be around 40 other players and i have no issues however as soon as one person starts attacking the game starts locking up for up to a second as well as stuttering. 

when i cast poison breath on a group of enemies my game freezes (5 hits per target)

i would really like to enjoy this game however all endgame content for me is impossible to play with how it runs.

before its even said its not my hardware, go read the recommended specs you don't need a 3500 dollar machine to run this game. so if all you have to say is upgrade nub plz lube up and go sit on your tower.   

speaking of towers mushins is like the only endgame content i can do without constant freezes stutters and lag. 

ive done like everything to try and fix it, nothing works but i know the problem is triggered by attacking, and the attack needs to connect with something in order to cause the freeze. 

Waited 2h for the Mysterious Man to spawn and then my FPS dropped to 10 and in the end i got no loot couse ofc i wasn't able to do any dmg  :((

and yea it happens when alot off ppl attacking the same target : last bosses POH24 / BSH24, i also got it a few days ago on Golden Deva, same, with alot of ppl attacking 

My Girlfriend has this problem too, her pc is fine and runs most of the game fine.. but it just completely freezes as soon as people attack a boss in poh24/nsh24.

I thought they did an optimisation patch, but it feel like it made people's pc's die out on these daily quest zones. 

from what i have researched about it it does not matter what you are running, the game either likes your pc or not. what bothers me is devs have said absolutely nothing about it. 

i wonder if NGuard could be causing an issue, some people who have contacted support have gotten responses claiming it is packet loss however i pinged the server for over an hour and had 0.6% packet loss overall so it couldn't possibly be that.  i ping the server at 30ms too so it cant be a ping issue.

ncsofts NA server is 64.25.35.100 if you want to experiment.

i used pingplotter to run the test.

did more research and apparantly another possible cause could be tons of disk access while in combat (loading skills and abilitys) most games cache data like that so it sounds kind of far fetched. will monitor my disk access in combat and see what it looks like. 

oh yah, hey devs, can you like chime in or something. we are starting to feel you dont care about the moneyz we would be willing to spend if the game worked properly :P  

messed around a little bit, while roaming around the map it seems like instead of streaming in data that the game is gonna need it just takes a hammer to your hard drive the second it needs it, these episodes cause around a one second freeze while roaming around or turning really fast towards something thats not loaded. 

also tested combat scenarios in misty woods in the middle of around 20 people farming the crimson base. the combat related freezing and stutter do not seem to be because of hard drive access. i spent around 15 minites there and my hard drive access peaked at around 35% briefly however i still had freezing and stuttering. 

tested in windowed mode  640 480 resolution with task manager performance page open. highest cpu usage was 54%, ram was 3.8Gigs out of 8gb used.

new nvidia drivers came out yesterday, i installed and used nvidia inspector to assign client,exe to the blade and soul profile (use the absolute path setting when selecting cient.exe to add to the profile)

instrutions from another game, blade and soul profile absolute path!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dhr/ADD+EXE+TO+CURRENT+PROFILE.pdf

it has effectively turn my experience from runny diarrhea to a solid black turd. its not perfect but its better than it was. can anyone else confirm this helps?

i also deleted the gameguard folder for good measure, because *cricket* gameguard.  

Having major issues on my end as well.  I love getting 60-120 fps then drop to 5-10 (sometimes complete freezes) when people are attacking.  I love this game but the FPS issue is driving me crazy.  I won't renew my premium because of this issue.  

I think the problem with the skill lag, as you mentioned, whether its stuttering, lagging, FPS drop, or lockup for a few seconds is in the Attack/Accuracy/Crit vs Defense/Block/Parry/Evasion/Crit Defense area. Seems like these calculations are on par with Star Trek Online's power creep, where it takes a like 0.5gigs of memory to calculate 1 full spread from a single ship. 

this is seriously driving me insane. im seriously considering  deleting and reinstalling and my download speed sucks so im looking at a day or so probably if i do so. has anyone tried that yet. maybe something is corrupt that the patcher is not picking up :/

every game i have ever played with the ncsoft branding has been a headache, i guess they have that reputation to uphold.

Make certain you are not suffering from this issue:

Turning down the number of effect details would be an obvious fix. 40 people on the screen is quite frankly a near insane amount of animation. Every MMO with Graphics this side of WoW would have issues if you throw it that many player attacks.
Have you tried just going to another phase/channel with less players around?

3 hours ago, zgrssd said:

Make certain you are not suffering from this issue:

Turning down the number of effect details would be an obvious fix. 40 people on the screen is quite frankly a near insane amount of animation. Every MMO with Graphics this side of WoW would have issues if you throw it that many player attacks.
Have you tried just going to another phase/channel with less players around?

it has nothing to do with effect details, i have the same problem and fps/stutter regardless if i have everything set to max or everything off. it makes no difference. just the fact something is being hit causes it. can be a basic attack, can be one person near by, the more people doing damage the worse it gets untill the game just locks up untill whatever it is is dead.

my average fps solo is around the 120 cap, around people in town 70-80, does not matter how many. one person starts attacking it stutters and drops to around 30-20 and it just gets worse from there. on top of the loading stutters that happen while roaming around. 

surprisingly arena is fine for me, runs perfect no fps drop whatsoever. mushins tower is the only endgame content thats not virtually unplayable, and its made infinitely worse by how people like to pull half an instance at once, the more things being hit, the worse it is. aoe on a group of 20 mobs locks me in place untill they are dead. 

personally i hate that pull everything bullshit. less mobs, but make pulling a ton a problem, and nothing should leash, endgame is so exploited its stupid. aoe has its place, but come on now. sucks hard on a class that does not have much like assassins.

here is some of the testing i did over the last few days once im feeling a little better tonight ill try and get the disk useage and show you how the cpu cycles that are being eaten

well calling textures into ram causes a stutter or freeze alone with how  after the patch they are no longer keeping the CPU from hitting 100% on any core even thou the over all system load is far below 100%. Making it so when you hit 100% CPU useage on one core that no new instructions can be executed untill the last batch has been finished

Archived