High levels partying with low level, outbidding on costume!

Gaiten

So I did Blackram narrows the other day with a party (trying to get the costume for my cat), which as you all know is a lvl 20 dungeon. A lvl 45 ended up joining, at the end the Old Stratus empire costume came up to which there was a bid war with the high lvl bringing it up to about 70 silver. Why why WHY are high levels partying with people? Aren't you guys able to solo that dungeon at that lvl? Why do some high levels in this game deem it OK to snatch a rare costume out from under newbies who can't possibly have anything over 15 silver and can't possibly solo the dungeon just yet? Also, many of them will just turn around and sell it on the marketplace for a few gold. 

NCSoft needs to tweak this system somehow. 

Makes the run faster/nice to help out low levels/dailies. If you really want that outfit for your cat f5, 20 silver currently. Its ok for high levels to snatch that rare outfit because we are the one that did the run, not you. If we don't have it and we want it why complain after we just ran you through a mandatory dungeon?

Just because they are high level does not mean they have the costume there are lots of threads about people

running dungeons hundreds of times to never get the outfit to drop.

just because they maybe able to solo does not mean they must solo rather defeats the concept of an MMO.

NCSoft did tweak it they win the bid you get the silver or gold and eventually you are the one able to outbid rather ingenious if you ask me

build up your cash based on others wanting something so badly they will spend way more then it is worth.

2 minutes ago, animekitty said:

Makes the run faster/nice to help out low levels/dailies. If you really want that outfit for your cat f5, 20 silver currently. Its ok for high levels to snatch that rare outfit because we are the one that did the run, not you. If we don't have it and we want it why complain after we just ran you through a mandatory dungeon?

to put it simply thats a stupid mentality... im 45 yet you dont exactly see me saying "oh but we ran the dungeon for you blah blah etc etc"

no... If i want to do dailies or farm for stuff that i want, i do it solo without the convenience of others... not going into a group and just because your at max level compared to them that automatically means you get a freebie and thus should undoubtedly be rewarded the costume...

you let the lower levels group together as thats why its there.... to get those people through the dungeon with many others of the equivalent level

drop this whole entitlement BS plz because it makes you look like even more of a douche!

Just now, Gaiten said:

Hi, can you read? Skills of deduction would bring you to the conclusion that I'm more than likely a low level myself, otherwise I wouldn't even be making note about this. 

Yes I know that but you are complaining that another party member fairly outbid you and as such you missed out on the outfit. Sounds nothing more then complaining to me. We high levels shouldn't have the right to bid on gear we have been likely working longer to obtain than you just because you are a level 20? Level up and go solo the dungeon if you are so entitled to it.

1 minute ago, Gaiten said:

Anyway, I'm not at all surprised the forum's filled with greed apologists who're more than willing to selfishly snatch away costumes from low levels they're supposedly "helping." Just understand that you're going to be verbally defacated upon once you do. "helping" low levels.. yeah helping yourselves to a costume they can't afford to outbid your selfish a$$ on. 

Really, sounds like its just you. I've run this with people and when it popped up i got it for 2 copper, then I was asked for help to run it again to see if they could get it, showed up again next run. Stop complaining.

This is why need > greed looting systems in matchmaking is sometimes a better choice. Let the RNG roll decide rather than this rich vs. poor thing.

I think the bigger issue I see with this discussion is that you're likely underbidding for the item since no one in the party can outbid you to raise the price to an acceptable level for its rarity. So really you can be a high level rich jerk if you want but newbies can't possibly bid 1g when they just started out. So you're not only screwing them out of the chance for the costume but screwing them on the compensation for it too.

Edit: Let us also be honest, it's still easier to do it with lowbies than doing it by yourself. Soloing still takes a bit longer no matter how geared you are. 

This thread is stupid. Everyone has the right to roll for whatever they want, regardless of their level. Like others said, if you don't like it, solo it. If you can't solo it at your level then go level and come back to solo it. The low level dungeons are insanely easy, even soloable at your level. You're going to have to live with the fact that you lose a bid, outfits, depending on what it is can reach a few gold even on the lower levels and sometimes, running in a group to farm an outfit makes it just that much easier, especially if you know that you can win the roll.

This mentality is so painful on both ends. 

The higher level could also be outfit hunting. Playing alone is boring. Maybe they just wanted people to tag alone, and run 77happen to bring the outfit, and you just happen to be along. They dont have the right to bid on it?

That being said, youre not hero  who deserves the  outfit anymore than the lower player, you did the run with. Please break that high horses legs, and put it to sleep.

Just leave if you arent interested in partying with a high level.  I mean, how is he suppose to know youre trying to get the outfit?  In the end, you should expect any sort of bid with an random party.

They have every right to bid on the costume - they probably weren't able to get it when they were low level because after all, costumes are a pretty rare drop. If you don't want to run with Lv45s, then drop the party and Shift+V to get back to the dungeon lobby to re-queue. If you're looking for sympathizers, you're looking for it in the wrong place.

Just now, Nickilli said:

The two of you are amazing.....

If you are in a party run anyone can bid on the item the ingenious part in the bid is everyone gets something 1 person gets the outfit up to 5 people walk away with more cash

they can continue to run until they are the ones that can afford to outbid for the outfit.

It really is that simple and that much more fair and balanced then a simple RNG roll.

People get caught up arguing and forget then when you argue with idiots it becomes hard to tell which one is which.

Was more trying to help him get his cat outfit but he didn't like my answer.

Just now, animekitty said:

Was more trying to help him get his cat outfit but he didn't like my answer.

Oh I know but there comes a point where it is better to move on and let the fool wallow in his own pity party which is clearly all he really wanted.

Don't worry over it. You get a portion of said money spent. If they really want it and you go the money, bid higher. Increase the cost for them, make more money off them.

20s/5 = 2s per party member. The higher the bid number goes, the more money you make. I've seen people do this to high level and make them pay like 1 or 2 gold for an item that sells for 20-30s on the market.

1 minute ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Don't worry over it. You get a portion of said money spent. If they really want it and you go the money, bid higher. Increase the cost for them, make more money off them.

20s/5 = 2s per party member. The higher the bid number goes, the more money you make. I've seen people do this to high level and make them pay like 1 or 2 gold for an item that sells for 20-30s on the market.

And that is exactly the point HE can not get due to

self-pit·y
noun

1. excessive, self-absorbed unhappiness over one's own troubles.

So let me get this straight, you think that a high level who carries you through the entire run is not deserving of the outfit?..Am I the only one who thinks of how ridiculous that sounds?....

If anything its quite insulting that they have bid and give you guys more free money just to get something even though they are most likely the ones doing all the work.

You remind me of those poor sods who lags behind the final boss in tomb of exile, dies and then not needing to do anything to get the final reward yet still complains to the people who carried you that you died.

2 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

And that is exactly the point HE can not get due to

self-pit·y
noun

1. excessive, self-absorbed unhappiness over one's own troubles.

true some people are just gluttons for punishment. I see people complaining and whining over the bid system and wanting it changed. All i try to do is tell them, "Hey, look the bid system makes you money."

1 minute ago, TwoPunchMan said:

So let me get this straight, you think that a high level who carries you through the entire run is not deserving of the outfit?..Am I the only one who thinks of how ridiculous that sounds?....

If anything its quite insulting that they have bid and give you guys more free money just to get something even though they are most likely the ones doing all the work.

You remind me of those poor sods who lags behind the final boss in tomb of exile, dies and then not needing to do anything to get the final reward yet still complains to the people who carried you that you died.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it. I will say however, they aren't gonna get it for a handful of peanuts. Nope, you want it, you pay just like everyone else. Those high levels could solo said dungeon. Thus they're using a party or party finder to speed up the run. "I'm a higher level doing this run. I should get this for cheap." Wrong, if you speed run, and don't hang around for the auctions, thats your fault. I do daily runs to blackram and such on my level 38, unless the bidding is stalling at a few copper, I hang around. Why, cause I want my portion of said bid.

Now if you build a party an all agree x goes to x for doing the run and then it doesn't turn out that way. Then you have a legitimate complaint on not getting said item. Til then, you pay, just like everyone else.

I love when I get 45's to run me through a zone on my alt, and if they bid a bunch on an outfit that means more money for me. Not really sure what the problem is here...If you still want the outfit when you hit 45 then you can go back and get it too. Why should they take the time to make a mechanic stopping higher levels from doing zones with lower levels, because you don't have enough money to outbid them? It's not like they're stealing something from you, they have just as much right to run the zone as you do. 

Jesus Christ... This is the people who will be partying with us in a few weeks... These entitled lowbies that think other players should give them all the care and tenderness in the world just because they exist.

Guess what mate? 
You dont have money to bid? Too bad. Sell some shit and earn some more money... My god, I bet you will be the type of player who ends up ninja looting later on.

Archived