Forums

Too early to judge for BM's, or are they even more garbage?

Pbblade

Before the season ended, i managed to hit platinum on BM, this patch i'm struggling to stay out of silver. Blademasters were supposely really good this patch, but i'm feeling the additional 5 skillpoints has helped other classes way more then us. The reason i made this thread was to see if we should wait with judging untill we have the full 11 points and hongmoon.

Assassin: It was already a hard matchup, but it feels like it became harder. They have something to stop you from using charge skills, smoke bomb openers are more consistent and they also have lotus on top of that. How we supposed to beat this? The amount of mistakes they can make feels like doubled. Avoiding their opener is very hard, and it'll already chunk you for 30% hp or so.

Destroyers: Haven't played much against them this patch, but still lose 80% of the time. They can spin 10 times, if u hit into their parry block once you are absolutely *cricket*ed, it either forces you too tab a followup, or take a nice 50% hp. 1 mistake after that and it's game. I even lose against destroyers who have absolutely no clue how to ani cancel, and they still do retarded amounts of damage (or i'm just used to BM hitting like a girl).

LBD'S: I have played vs LBD's that popped tab after an aerial knockdown for absolutely no reason and still lost. This class is badly designed. They have no cooldown of aerial combos, a free 5 sec immunity which u can only iframe 2 sec of, and apparently got a way to stop us from blocking now during the 5 sec window. You have to perserve your tab for draw stance if you fail to 360 degree block it. Seriously, who gives a class a stun into draw stance with barely any chi cost that hits for more then 3 chi RMB?

FM: Haven't seen them much, they feel much stronger and not as one sided as before, i have won against bronze-silvers, but barelly managed to beat gold fm's. Maybe i'm missing something.

KFM: Their Iframes > yours, it's simple as that. They can walk to you while spamming block, and there's nothing you can do. Once in range, they can iframe forcing you to iframe and that's basically a losing battle for a BM. Superior damage and better ways to deal with blocks.

Summoner: Still the same as before, nerf or buff, they have always been our worst matchup. We simply lack the damage to DPS them down before the cat gets a 2nd or 3rd ground cc off. Maybe if you play this perfectly, and the summoner has no idea how to press A on cat with bladecall.. you might be able to beat a few here and there.

I wonder, what exactly does our hongmoon change, is it good enough for the lack of dps? I've found that performing a perfect combo is extremely unrewarding. You dump out 5 cc's with a ton of RMB and the guy just sits at 60% hp. After that, you have no fuel left for a good amount of time. I've managed to train my reflexes pretty well, manage to pull off a lot of valuable plays, but it still doesn't feel like it's enough.

I agree. BM is suppose to be a good all-rounder but what really happened was it being thrown to trash tier. As a BM player myself in arena, I feel like no matter what style you play or what sequence you follow, your opponent, assuming it's another class, will always have the upper hand. BM lacks a lot compared to other classes. They dont have stunlock, some op heal, crazy range, or even the smallest amount of spam skills to use against other classes. 

I really want to see some improvement in balancing out the classes, otherwise BnS would lose a big portion of their players that are primarily pvp'ers (BM Users). Rework it, buff it, nerf others. For the love of god, just do something that would make pvp more fair and less of an unrealistic keyboard mashing feature. 

T5F1 lightning draw will be a very large hit to add to your damage rotation, but it's still just one big hit (upwards of 10k crit). F2 could be solid against Summoners for more AOE damage to catch the cat/sum in together, but not sure there. The extra 6 skill points (after spending 5 in lightning draw) at least allow us to have all our CC, block skilled, AND Breeze at the same time. These are important quality of life changes but won't change the overall dynamic of the class.

We will see big gains in strength with HM Z and HM block whenever those unlock. I haven't researched where those unlock... could be a while. 

1 hour ago, Zooks said:

Shrugs... was just letting the guy know that he does have a stunlock and good burst which got even stronger with the new Lightning Draw HM. 

....When a Lyn summoner can out dps your burst. Your burst damage isn't good. a small girl, wielding a scepter and a cat inflicts more harm then your sword with lightning. Something is terribly wrong.,

7 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

....When a Lyn summoner can out dps your burst. Your burst damage isn't good. a small girl, wielding a scepter and a cat inflicts more harm then your sword with lightning. Something is terribly wrong.,

50% of a target's HP seems pretty good to me, and it's not exactly like once you use it you do zero damage. The new LD HM can crit for 10k+ by itself. 

Honestly this imbalance has drawn me away from the game and I will be playing black desert because of this. I have no desire to refill as I have made monetary investment in my bmp and I supported the versatile play style. I did try to play a destroyer in the play style was actually not fun at all to me felt very cheesy and I chose bm and that was my final choice.

Gg

Also open world pvp has no balance whatsoever.

Just now, Zooks said:

50% of a target's HP seems pretty good to me, and it's not exactly like once you use it you do zero damage. The new LD HM can crit for 10k+ by itself. 

Actually I did the combo in a  spar with a friend, it's 32%. Again this is assuming, assuming you crit. If you don't crit it's low 20's. 

You should stop playing Summoner, LBD roll a BM then come back. Having played 5 of the classes up to gold or plat, I can say with 100% certainty, that BM is crippled. And al those QQing, are justified. 

2 hours ago, Maeyamada said:

That burst your talking about requires the opponent to blow all of their escapes, and even then it does about 40%. KFM, destroyers, and summoners can take your whole bar if they get you in the combo that requires the same setup as ours.

As FM if I burn my SS and Tab (both at 36s CD), then he can combo me for 90% of my hp in about 6 seconds.

I'm actually gonna try and do some math.

Charge 2 sec (stun)
Shoulder charge 3 sec (Daze)
Anklebiter 2 sec (knockdown)
Raid 2 sec (Stun/daze/knockback depending on what u use it on, let's assume stun)
Kick 2 sec (knock down)
Lunar slash daze (3 sec)
Lightning retribution 2 sec (Daze)

That is the amount of cc we have. On paper, it sounds like incredibly much but in reality, it's barelly enough.

1 stun get's tabbed
1 daze get's f'd
1 knockdown gets 3'd.

Let's assume the perfect rotation:

Z - charge (they tab).
Kick (They 3)
Anklebiter (they F)
Shoulder charge (Now we have momentum)

(Shoulder Charge) - |A| - RMB - RMB - (2) - RMB - |E| - LMB - (Lunar daze) - LMB - LMB - LMB - |A| - LMB - RMB - RMB - |E| - (Kick) - Backroll/3.

^ This entire combo is worth around 40% hp if executed perfectly with no gaps, this also means that you have absolutely no cooldowns left and are exceptionally vulnerable for the next X amount of seconds. this is also based on my own experience where people insta tab on the opener, not taking into account when they do it mid combo when you have just regained chi with LMB nullifying a shitton of damage.

I'm not gonna count lightning retribution because it all depends on circumstance, you're not gonna blow your flock/call out of the blues and you won't have bladecall against 4 matchups where u can fit in another 2 sec daze for a few more RMB (LBD/Destro/Summoner/Assa)

With Tab down, bladecall, an additional daze from retribution it is still not enough to kill someone. that's the absolute best case scenario. There's 2 classes with lots of cc less and much less rotation involved that can 100-0 in such circumstances. 

The above situation is if every single thing you do (we are talking 8 cc's) connect PERFECTLY using the duration at it's fullest potential.

I also just realised that LBD's get more RMB's through with 1 stun during draw stance that also hit for more damage. The more i think about it, the crazier it gets.

Archived