Solution to Ore Botting

Ripperino

NCSoft needs to query the ah and investigate those accounts selling high amounts of quartz or silicate. Ban appropriately. If you are flipping ore oh well. The good that will come of it will outweigh the bad. So tired of not being able to get nodes or camping a node to get the most out of my currency.

Wanna know how to solve this problem? Make the ore bind on pick-up or make every gathering node phased to each person. I still do not understand why games use the out-dated system of letting gathering nodes being spawn camped by bots. If the nodes were unique to each person(they only see theirs) then it solves this problem. Other games have done this and it worked wonderfully.

A solution could be to make the nodes available to each player once per day, the nodes could reset daily. There are plenty enough nodes that it'd be highly unlikely someone could run out of nodes or even have enough picks to begin with and this would make it so that if a bot gathers from a node, that bot cannot gather from that node again until the daily reset. Really though, bots have been destroying this game and NCSoft doesn't seem to know what they're even doing. They knew this game would be popular and we all knew bots would invade a popular MMO and this game was in production for NA localization for a long time so there's no excuse for NCSoft not having thought of different solutions to try out before the game even launched.

My clan is pretty small, friends from away from the game. I intended to recruit new members but too often the chat would be flood with gold seller spam and if it's not flooded with gold seller spam then it's not working at all. Earlier all of the chats stopped working except for whispers for probably at least an hour. NCSoft seems stupid and clueless when it comes to dealing with bots or else maybe they don't really care because they already got plenty of money out of a lot of us. They'd better realize that existing players might get tired of all the issues with chat being broken, gold sellers flooding chat and possibly consider another game or what about new players that can't make use of chat while learning the game?

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I think NCSoft should hire some GMs, no idea why they don't have active GMs in game already given the amount of money they've made. Gold seller accounts should be banned but also any legit player account that receives gold from a gold seller should be banned as well. Gold sellers will just create more accounts but a legit player that spent real life money is not going to want to lose that account. If people were not buying from these gold seller trash then the gold sellers would not have infested the game like they did. It doesn't seem to be as bad as it was weeks ago but it's still really bad compared to other MMOs I've played over the years. NCSoft needs to start targeting people buying from gold sellers as well and maybe discourage gold sellers from wasting time if less people are willingly to buy gold from them.

5 minutes ago, Southbeatz said:

A solution could be to make the nodes available to each player once per day, the nodes could reset daily. There are plenty enough nodes that it'd be highly unlikely someone could run out of nodes or even have enough picks to begin with and this would make it so that if a bot gathers from a node, that bot cannot gather from that node again until the daily reset.

NCSoft needs to start targeting people buying from gold sellers as well and maybe discourage gold sellers from wasting time if less people are willingly to buy gold from them.

I second both these points. I was thinking of maybe limiting the number of times a single character could harvest per day, or something like that, but that still wouldn't stop people from not having any nodes to mine since the gold farmers will just make even more characters to gather the ores/water.

And as I've always said, there's only supply because there's a demand for illegal gold. As long as everyone boycotts the gold sellers, they'll eventually go away since they're not turning any profit. And even more so for this game since many of them are buying premium membership, so sticking to the game will only make them a loss. Unfortunately, there will always be at least one schmuck buying gold from them, so it comes down to the management to do something about it.

Archived