Forums

Lost 40 Moonwater Transformation Stones due to NC Support, a plea for help

Hajoon

Hello. I took the name "mushin" in the server mushin during the name reservation period. At the time, I was not aware of a GM specifically saying the name "Mushin" on mushin was not allowed. Several people warned me of this, but I hadn't received any word or news from the official channels, so didn't think it was a big problem.

Until February 8th came around. At around 9:30am or so, I received the following e-mail that my in-game name was changed. 
screenshot

GM Berns (Blade and Soul)

Feb 8, 09:19
Hello,

This message is being sent to notify you that the name of one of your characters contained inappropriate language, which is in violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. In order to resolve this issue, I have assigned the character a temporary name.

Account: ****@gmail.com
Character: Mushin
New Character Name: GenericNameOne
Server: Mushin

Character: Mushin
New Character Name: GenericNameOne
Server: [DE] Windweide

We can give your character a new name of your choice, as long as it’s not in violation of the rules. Please respond to this email with 3 new names in your order of preference, and we’ll give the character the first name that’s appropriate and available on your server.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

GM Berns
NCSOFT Support Team

After some exchanges, I accepted the challenge and changed my name to "Jaogi." You'd think that after they forced my name change, they would have added the name to the restricted list, and prevented anyone else from taking it.

Well, my typical routine after logging into BnS is to finish up my crafting, which includes sending moonwater transformation stones to my main character. As this is a repetitive process, it's almost automatic, and I didn't really think through. I accidentally sent 40 moonwater transformation stones to a new character ,"mushin," from my alts, between 6-7pm EST. 

it turns out that between 9am and 7pm of February 8th, a player with the ID "neoep" had made a destroyer named "mushin."

I was in tears after I realized that the mail had gone through. I think anyone would have been, considering the moonwater transformation stones go for nearly 5g each right now, meaning this would be nearly 200g that was sent down the drain - nearly my entire savings that I worked hard for the past three weeks. 

I tried to patiently go through with support, asking that they check the record of this specific character. Anyone would find weird that a level 4 character would have suddenly received 40 moonwater transformation stones. However, the following were the series of responses regarding this:

Email 1:
screenshot

Feb 9, 15:53
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

First off, unfortunately, all the names you had provided us are all taken. We would like to ask again for another batch of names. Second, We had checked your logs and found out that the 40 " Moonwater Transformation Stones" are successfully mailed to your toon Mushin before we had renamed it to GenericNameOne. Kindly check your inventory to see the items.

Again, kindly update this ticket for the new batch of names.

Looking forward to your reply,

Regards,

GM Berns
NCSOFT Support Team

Email 2:
screenshot

Feb 11, 14:31
Hello again,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Based on our further investigations, it appears that you had put the "Moonwater Transformation Stones"to the Auction house. From February 9, 2016 and 10, you had posted at least 60+ Stones.

I hope this clears up any confusion and if you have other concerns, please do contact us again.

Regards,

GM Berns
NCSOFT Support Team

As you can see, they continued to bring up that I had been sending moonwater transformation stones to my main character, and that I had been putting them on the auction. Of course - I was crafting them on my alts, which is why I've been selling them! With the loss of 200g, everything I worked towards to craft the stones is spent - I don't even have enough to make even one batch anymore. 

After a while, the support stopped responding.

I spent nearly $200 in this game, and am a master pack owner. I am willing to spend money in games that I enjoy. 

However, I cannot just ignore this loss of 200g. After hundreds of hours of work, I'm back to square 1, with less than 50g in my account right now. This has seriously dampened my enthusiasm for the game, and I will probably quit the game entirely if this cannot be solved. 

Granted, part of this incident was my fault for clicking "send," but a large majority of the fault lies with NC for allowing a character with "mushin" to be created again in that short period.

I apologize for bringing this to the public, but it feels like a limit has been reached with how far I can go with NC's support. If any NCSoft employee is reading this forum, I humbly ask for you to review this again, and please allow me to become enthusiastic about the game again.

Please review the mail record of the character owned by player ID "neoep" and had the name "mushin" between 5-7pm of February 8th, 2016. Please let me continue to play and spend money for the game. If support cannot check for problems like these, then how can I ever trust them to take care of more money?

wow, that neoep-mushin is sure is lucky

1 hour ago, Hajoon said:

Granted, part of this incident was my fault for clicking "send," but a large majority of the fault lies with NC for allowing a character with "mushin" to be created again in that short period.

actually, the majority of the fault lies with you for not paying attention and not be careful

ffs, stop blaming other people for your own mistakes, unless you are a 9 year old kiddy.

this is going to get locked before it gets much attention. i saw your post just now on reddit. im so sorry to hear about your loss of the transformation stones, and i wish they would look into it more, because id think theyd have the records of who took what name? but im not 100% sure. 200g is a lot to use. ive never even had ONE GOLD before, so i can only imagine... i really hope you get this sorted out. i would have BAWLED

11 hours ago, chinmi said:

wow, that neoep-mushin is sure is lucky

actually, the majority of the fault lies with you for not paying attention and not be careful

ffs, stop blaming other people for your own mistakes, unless you are a 9 year old kiddy.

And the "you mailed it to your alt mushin" and "you put it on market" parts?

Thank you for your responses. As I discussed in the main post, I was crafting the stones on various alts. That's why there's a record of stones being sent to my character before the name change.... and I have been putting up the moonwater t stones to the market for several days. 

Yup. sounds like the CS Rep was just not paying enough attention...saw a few transactions on the log for the chracter, and replied so he could add one more to his totals that day, and moved on. I wish you luck in getting this rectified...it may take getting the right CSR before you finally get the attention you need. In the meantime I suggest you start the process again (sadly) in collecting gold and materials and working your way up the ladder.

I did this in a different game myself. tore me to pieces...I didn't even play for like a week I was so pissed (at myself really...i wanted to blame the game, but i couldn't). From that point on....I double checked every name I put in there, and I tend to wait and watch for a few seconds before doing a critical move. It also helps to send stuff in smaller batches if your worried about losing it.

sounds like allot of prep work, but It can honestly save your hide in those big moves. It has saved mine far more times then I'd care to admit. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as they say.

Is nobody else going to point out that if you didn't know you couldn't use mushin, then it's his fault 100% to begin with. Every single player is told this very blatantly and with very readily available info. Remember the terms of service most people do not read and blindly click accept to... :) 

Whether it's op's fault or not, I do hope this gets resolved. It was clearly an accident and with ncsoft being directly involved, they can definitely determine that this isn't one of those "abuse the system" tactics. Hopefully you get your stones back OP because I know how brutal the grind in this game is and I wish this game had a system in place so that you didn't have to mail to alts in the first place.

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. Technically, we're talking about 200€ (goldspamers are finally good for converting gold to €). It's an easy task for NCsoft to move the stones back. NCsoft would not even hurt their own business or whatsoever by doing so. And losing 200€ would be quite hard for all of us.

If this were Aion, the ticket would've been dismissed as your fault, even if it was an accident. Mailing to a specific person, you should ALWAYS double/triple check the name. However, the situation afterwards where the GM misunderstood the name changing, etc. GM probably just had a brain fart. Interested to see how this plays out!

Archived