bm too many escapes

DolphinHungry

Actually, someone might wanna explain this class to me, i dont understand it. Attacking it results in your stun, defending against it results in your stun, stunning it results in it recovering and stunning you in return.

The guy is right, BM does seem to have many escapes. Nothing the magnitude of pole dancer, but still.

Seriously though - BM has Tab that can break any CC on 36s CD if spec'd, the usual F roll, a quick getup from knockdown that can be interrupted, and can spec a grapple break at the cost of their big AOE burst. 

The parry on block that stuns you lasts .5s like all the other parries out there. Their kick that stuns you while you're defending is on a 9s CD - similar to KFM but without the range that triple kick has. They do have quite a few dazes, but don't have DPS on the level of 3rf or destro ani cancel to take major advantage of it. 

BM is the easiest class to fight.  You dont even have to play conservatively.  All you do is use your q and e when they are being aggressive, tripple kick when they block, and you can kill them with 1-2 stun locks depending on how good your 3rf is and how much damage youve already done.  I only play kfm, and this is like the only matchup that is kfm favored.

16 minutes ago, dragoshan said:

Thanks for the reply Kutsuu.

KFMs tripple kick has no range, almost everything the kfm has is melee range.

How do I approach the bm as a kfm? Everything fails against him.

Um... don't pretend you can't spec triple kick to have 8m range. Obviously long CD on the 8m version. Still, it's an option and it can be very good against BM because it throws them off thinking they are safe to block when not in melee range. 

KFM is tough for BM to handle when you can nullify our block so easily. I play BM, not KFM, so it's hard to give you specific advice - but I'm sure there is matchup advice to be found on bladeandsouldojo or one of the youtube guide makers (Shiro-chan, radeyzz, etc). 

KFM breaks through blocks and even if you cant you just slide on your imaginary ice end up behind us and stun us for 3/4 of our hp lol oh yea and you've got like 3 gap closer 2 of which tosses your opponent up. BM has the f down escape like everyone else and a down escape that we can spec to stun/knockback like everyone else so wut??? Also down counter and a down attack. The grab escape 2 that eveyone has is a pain in the ass to get to work so you pretty much have to spec your flock of blades to break you out of the BD/Des/KFM/FM grabs or your just gonna end up half dead before you hit anyone. Did i mention how *cricket*ing garbo BM damage is that you can put someone through a double toss up combo then stun them for about 4 seconds after they come down the second time and by the time your focus runs out you've only done 1/4 there hp. The same combo a bd can do that half-3/4 you hp :DDDDD. Oh i forgot BM doesn't have any immunity skills either:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Bm is op though we ghost hard then a muda fuka and scare the opponents from the spectral realm.

One other thing - don't use your counter while in close enough range to get kicked. Use it during neutral and when you are closing in/moving away and you'll often catch those scary BM stuns with a counter to the face. KFM counter also eats five-point-strike unlike Assassin counter. You should expect five point strike after BM uses SS to go into draw stance. If you can waste a couple of our timers, it's bad news. Also if you get stuck in a combo, be ready to F... dazes are a big part. If BM uses their ground counter, you can purposely attack into it and immediately counter to counter their counter. I'd recommend saving Tab for their blade call combo - a good BM will be able to tech chase your F and make you waste Tab or eat the Blade Call anyway, so I would just blow tab on it since it's our most dangerous move. 

To many escapes? besides block thats hte only thing blade masters have lol.

Assassin = Invis/blind

Destroyer = Powerhitters

Summoners = Cat that can heal owner

Force Master = Freeze to the point that its hard to move, AND can heal

Blade Dancers = Blade dancers 
Kung Fu Masters = Counters everything, I mean EVERYTHING

Your complain is that you cant kill the hardest class to play as, the class that got a hm skill that is pretty useless in the arena.  Are you insane? 

Just now, Dreamer0526 said:

Your complain is that you cant kill the hardest class to play as, the class that got a hm skill that is pretty useless in the arena.  Are you insane? 

Whoa now I wouldn't say that... T5F1 hits HARD (~10k crits). Very good burst damage ability. It doesn't exactly make us a match for an equally skilled KFM, but it's a wonderful ability. 

This is the 2nd retarded thread i've seen today. BM has 2 actual escapes. 1 is tab which allows you to pretty much escape anything with 36 sec cd if i remember correctly and 2nd one is 3 which is counter skill with 12 sec cd. There are also whirl on 1 with 12 sec cd but they can knock you back right away and flock of blades on z with 1 min cd so they're useless. That's all yet you claim that BM has many escape skills. I wonder which class you play.

19 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Um... don't pretend you can't spec triple kick to have 8m range. Obviously long CD on the 8m version. Still, it's an option and it can be very good against BM because it throws them off thinking they are safe to block when not in melee range.

You can indeed spec it for 8 m range, but in that case it wont brake block, its usable only on successful Q/E. Anyways, thanks to your thoughtful input Kutsuu, I've learned to play decent against blade masters.

Thank you again.

Just now, dragoshan said:

You can indeed spec it for 8 m range, but in that case it wont brake block, its usable only on successful Q/E. Anyways, thanks to your thoughtful input Kutsuu, I've learned to play decent against blade masters.

Thank you again.

Playing my KFM right now and the 8m version says "cancels defensive skills" - guess I'm crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Playing my KFM right now and the 8m version says "cancels defensive skills" - guess I'm crazy. 

You're not crazy, it does brake block, but the condition to use it is different from the melee one. You can use the melee one on a blocking blade master to break his block and stun him, but the 8m triple kick is only usable after a successful Q/E. (cant break block anymore)

21 hours ago, DolphinHungry said:

why does bm have so many good escapes?

i stun the bm once he immediately escapes, 2sec later i stun him again and he escapes again wtf?

you complain they have many escapes 

how about

why do you have so many stuns 

40 minutes ago, DolphinHungry said:

stuns are the only way kfm does any damage whereas bm keeps doing easy aerial combo with stable damage

BM have 2 ways to start air combo - 1 that requires daze/stun on a 24s timer, and the other is a charge that dazes then launches on a 36s cooldown. If you are slightly competent at KFM, you will have an easy time countering the 36 second one (five point strike) because you'll see the BM SS before using it. Now you're dealing with 1 air combo every ~24 seconds assuming you do get stunned/dazed as it's coming off cooldown. The average air combo will do 6-8k damage. 

That seems really scary compared to being able to do 6-8k damage in the space of a single 2s stun using 3rf. Let's not forget the cooldown on triple kick. 

i agree that air combo itself does not outdps 3rf but a bm will keep knocking down his opponent and doing normal slash dmg with the addition of air combos. together bm can make a good amount of dps if opponent's escape on cd. air combos themselves are pretty much guaranteed to do full dmg once its off the cooldown. ez catch ez dmg ez life.

i am not sayain bm's dps is op but together with easy escaping it might be.

im only below plat scrub tho so might not know what im sayain.

gonna do some 1v1s trying to catch bms and see which escape i find op

21 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Whoa now I wouldn't say that... T5F1 hits HARD (~10k crits). Very good burst damage ability. It doesn't exactly make us a match for an equally skilled KFM, but it's a wonderful ability. 

have you seen ANYONE with hongmoon skills 

you drunk or something?

Archived