Forums

Warlock

Bide

Just now, Elvenmad said:

well it wil be a while yet we still have alot of level 45 content to come yet and at least 2 more dungeons, one of which has been mentioned, Labyrinth

Release of Warlock will be strategically times to coincide with the best possible chance to make alot of money out it, I can guarantee that, so expect it at some holiday period, maybe something like Easter

True, but everyone must agree the devs (if coming in April) have overhyped it too early to say the least, not to mention they've also said the warlock is coming "very very very soon"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

True, but everyone must agree the devs (if coming in April) have overhyped it too early to say the least, not to mention they've also said the warlock is coming "very very very soon"

they will say that, its like a marketing strategy, they trying to keep as many players as possible in the game for as long as possible, if it came next week or even in 6 months time they would not be lying, they just will not reveal a more accurate date, saying 'soon' means absolutely jack s**t

Just now, Elvenmad said:

they will say that, its like a marketing strategy, they trying to keep as many players as possible in the game for as long as possible, if it came next week or even in 6 monthe time they would not be lying, they just will not reveal a more accurate date, saying 'soon' means absolutely jack s**t

Oh no I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel most of the community feel a bit passed that they're teasing it like this, like the razor drops, the "just have to flick the switch" it grinds me gears even thinking about it

4 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Oh no I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel most of the community feel a bit passed that they're teasing it like this, like the razor drops, the "just have to flick the switch" it grinds me gears even thinking about it

yes I know exactly what you mean, but its business to them thats all,  remember back 18 months ago, when it got press released they would be bringing BnS to the west  'SOON' 

43 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Because most people see the SF as a lazy hybrid of FM/KFM not to say the warlock is kinda similar to the summoner... But the reason most people want warlock I'm guessing is cause they want a summoner class not orientated around a dam furball with a cat, casting flower power spells....

This.

I tried Warlock briefly in the TW server (or as they said it, Soulmancer), and that class is stupid cool. The animation, the spell, the combat mechanic.

Let me know when Soul Fighter can summon two black dragons a' la Hiei by snapping their fingers and not looking at the "explosion" area.

1 minute ago, N3ph1lim said:

This.

I tried Warlock briefly in the TW server (or as they said it, Soulmancer), and that class is stupid cool. The animation, the spell, the combat mechanic.

Let me know when Soul Fighter can summon two black dragons a' la Hiei by snapping their fingers and not looking at the "explosion" area.

The warlock def has attitude.

Personally I think they need to step up and fix all the broken s**t we have in the game currently before even thinking about any more content, EVERY single patch and EVERY hot fix as brought more issues into the game, players are getting fed up of the 'SOON's' and 'WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT' BS its starting to wear very thin now

1 hour ago, Rief said:

Coming Soon. Not everyone can play it.

Benefits Non-Premium Rank 1 Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4 Rank 5 Rank 6 Rank 7 Rank 8 Rank 9 Rank 10
Warlock Class No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Super Novice Class No No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Jedi Knight Class No No No No No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Gundam Pilot Class No No No No No No No No No No Yes

I'm confused by this. What do you mean not everyone can play it? 

My theory is as follows, we have the patch for December for Korean client yea? they seem to wanna push the idea of keeping all clients relatively on the same patch so that they can push the esports scene heavily. If that is the case then it makes sense that they would want to push the new classes out as soon as they can so new players can both level and get accustomed to the new classes in preparation for the big tourneys. 

My theory is that the warlock is ready for release BUT the soul fighter isn't and they wanna release both at the same time, now is just a wild guess on my part but would explain some of why they haven't given us the warlock just yet. 

25 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

My theory is as follows, we have the patch for December for Korean client yea? they seem to wanna push the idea of keeping all clients relatively on the same patch so that they can push the esports scene heavily. If that is the case then it makes sense that they would want to push the new classes out as soon as they can so new players can both level and get accustomed to the new classes in preparation for the big tourneys. 

My theory is that the warlock is ready for release BUT the soul fighter isn't and they wanna release both at the same time, now is just a wild guess on my part but would explain some of why they haven't given us the warlock just yet. 

Your esport theory is sound for tournament in the US, but they want to milk money, so they won't release new contents so people will spend money upgrade and they will release more and upgrade more.

As for wanting to release both classes, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. This is a classic market strategy.

40 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Yes  they say that, but just look at one thing, the current level 45 weapon upgrade paths and more so the cost to max out the level 45 weapons alone, unless players are buying s**t tones of gold to buy all the materials no one is going to farm in game all the materials to upgrade the weapon and all the jewellery too, if they bring the level 50 patch out in say 2 or 3 months the majority of the player base will be no were near ready for it, they have designed this version so tight on making gold and just so very heavy on the costs of upgrading gear the balance is just not going to work out. 

There is still 100's and 100's of players who have not yet even got to the True Profane stage of weapons and thats a level 42 weapon, and from there on the cost to upgrade increase by huge amounts

Take the Awakened Infernal ring, its a level 36 Ring, to upgrade requires 5 moonwater stones, at say 5gold each, 20 soulstones, can be farmed and the coins too, + 13 gold upgrade cost so thats maybe 35 gold + just to upgrade a ring then there is the Necklace an Earring, Belt and Bracelet. 

1 hour ago, Silmaria said:

They can just switch it on and voila. However, they just like troll people and keep saying "We have it in, just need to flip the switch".

Not necessarily. It's common for MMOs to include resources in pieces over time. While the game may have certain Warlock items in the libraries already, they have been included earlier for two reasons;

1) It lessens the total load of the major library inhaul.

2) Because item files are so, so much more smaller in size, it's also so, so much more easier to push them in advance.

2 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

Not necessarily. It's common for MMOs to include resources in pieces over time. While the game may have certain Warlock items in the libraries already, they have been included earlier for two reasons;

1) It lessens the total load of the major library inhaul.

2) Because item files are so, so much more smaller in size, it's also so, so much more easier to push them in advance.

You can look at their interview on Jan. 18. They basically Warlock is ready, all they need to do is "flip the switch".

Youtube Jan.18 review at 2:30:31 seconds and see it for yourself.

1 minute ago, Silmaria said:

You can look at their interview on Jan. 18. They basically Warlock is ready, all they need to do is "flip the switch".

And which client was the information of available resources based on? You don't think West by chance, do you?

5 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Warlock is ready , its been out for years in other versions, its just our current version is not ready for it yet

1 hour ago, TheRealElvis said:

And which client was the information of available resources based on? You don't think West by chance, do you?

NA version of course, why else would I use another version? Instead of asking that, you can check out yourself and see they said it over and over "WARLOCK IS READY, ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TO FLIP THE SWITCH".

9 hours ago, Zarec said:

It's balanced for level 50 content.  IF the current players can't even handle level 45 content why do you think they can handle level 50 content?

I don't think you know that we have up to date class balances. The reason why it seems more balanced at 50 is because certain classes get skills they direly need to be good in PvP. 

7 hours ago, Aleoniz said:

Can they just give a guesstimate.

The official estimate is "any second that they feel like it". They've already stated that it's ready and can be activated "with the flick of a switch". Any day that they don't release it is just a marketing decision on their part.

Archived