-Suggestion- Tradable Outfits

Ornata

It makes no sense to me that every outfit in this game is untradable? I think most things should be at the very least, bind on equip like the cat outfits. This entire platform makes absolutely no sense on a F2P game. F2P games thrive off their cash shop, wanna know how to make more off your cash shop? allow outfits from the cash shop to be traded. People mass buy and sell to those who play the game solely because it's a nice free to play game. A lot of people don't have the luxury to spend a ton on the game, and a lot of people who have the luxury to spend a ton on the game, don't have the time to grind mass gold for upgrades. Also, when people get bored of an outfit, they're just stuck with it forever or having to salvage and only earning a small amount compared to what the outfit would sell for on the market.

In the current system, people will still try to trade outfits for gold, via gifting and hoping the person gives them the gold, or giving the gold and hoping the person gives the outfit. This leaves a lot of room for distrust/a lot of people will most likely get scammed this way. 

This system isn't good on a F2P platform. It's not good for the players, and it's not good for the company. I honestly don't understand why this was decided.

Don't worry! Once you pay for a subscription to get Wardrobe access from behind the paywall, then pay for an expensive outfit from the shop, soon you can pay even more to make it tradeable with a c-shop item between characters for 1 time unless you pay for the item again. You get to pay 3 times! Doesn't that sound amazing? Personally can't wait to pay pay pay and then pay some more while subbed. Feels good man. Mmmm... yeeaaa ~_~. ..  .

Just now, GreenBunionSoup said:

I agree with people saying we should be able to transfer costumes, but I am unsure about this. It'd affect the economy, and less people would be willing to actually use money to purchase costumes, giving them less income meaning an even lower chance of them giving us the ability to transfer items

Perfect world used the tradable outfit system, worked out amazingly for them, in fact it is the only thing still keeping the game some what alive today.

1 minute ago, animekitty said:

Perfect world used the tradable outfit system, worked out amazingly for them, in fact it is the only thing still keeping the game some what alive today.

Not saying it's guaranteed to be bad, but that game and t his are vastly different. For one, NCSoft has been doing some pretty greedy things recently like RNG boxes and these roses that makes it much easier when you pay, and make it so the items you would pay for are only obtainable in a bundle forcing you to pay over 20 dollars for the white roses. Making up for that lost profit might come back to bite us. I might just be rambling about the RNG paywalls NCSoft has been employing en masse recently, but my point still stands that circumstances are different, especially with the very odd economy

23 minutes ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

Not saying it's guaranteed to be bad, but that game and t his are vastly different. For one, NCSoft has been doing some pretty greedy things recently like RNG boxes and these roses that makes it much easier when you pay, and make it so the items you would pay for are only obtainable in a bundle forcing you to pay over 20 dollars for the white roses. Making up for that lost profit might come back to bite us. I might just be rambling about the RNG paywalls NCSoft has been employing en masse recently, but my point still stands that circumstances are different, especially with the very odd economy

This game is not up to my flavor, too little PvP and now with NCSoft greed, I am playing less and less now. Seriously, I only keep status quota with few dailies and waiting for more contents.

I also ordered 50 bucks Black Desert Online package. This game reminds me of Age of BULLSHIT from Snail, company's greed and the game require PING first, skill second.

1 minute ago, Silmaria said:

This game is not up to my flavor, too little PvP and now with NCSoft greed, I am playing less and less now. Seriously, I only keep status quota with few dailies and waiting for more contents.

I also ordered 50 bucks Black Desert Online package. This game reminds me of Age of BULLSHIT from Snail, company's greed and the game require PING first, skill second.

I'm giving it more of a chance. This could just be something they're doing because it's new, and people are willing to spend a lot right now since they aren't tired of the game yet. It's possible this isn't going to be a regular thing. It's also possible they're going to go down the route of scummy developers that run their own game to the ground with crappy P2W tactics. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt right now

31 minutes ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

I agree with people saying we should be able to transfer costumes, but I am unsure about this. It'd affect the economy, and less people would be willing to actually use money to purchase costumes, giving them less income meaning an even lower chance of them giving us the ability to transfer items

Likely, thats never going to be a problem. Impulse buyers are still going to want to the out as soon as possible, and not have to wait for one to show up in a shop, or have to haggle for one, and  as long as someone has a Ad up, looking to buy one, sellers, who arent interested in the outfit, might be willing to get some quick gold from an outfit sale.

Thats not even mentioning the hoarding that will almost definitely go on.

4 minutes ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

I'm giving it more of a chance. This could just be something they're doing because it's new, and people are willing to spend a lot right now since they aren't tired of the game yet. It's possible this isn't going to be a regular thing. It's also possible they're going to go down the route of scummy developers that run their own game to the ground with crappy P2W tactics. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt right now

Their decisions so far just scream GREED everywhere for me, that's why I don't get involve as much.

They have a lot of carrot and stick strategy where they put up a front to try to make players feel like they care, but in reality players will never get there, just look at it. Yes, I am talking about HongMoon Coins. Then their delay with currency exchange.

These same strategies are what Snail also used. Other versions have exchange, but the US version didn't and I am seeing more and more tactics used by Snail in this game.

5 minutes ago, Dowra said:

Likely, thats never going to be a problem. Impulse buyers are still going to want to the out as soon as possible, and not have to wait for one to show up in a shop, or have to haggle for one, and  as long as someone has a Ad up, looking to buy one, sellers, who arent interested in the outfit, might be willing to get some quick gold from an outfit sale.

Thats not even mentioning the hoarding that will almost definitely go on.

I'm not nearly experienced, not intelligent enough to refute that, nor logically back up my original point. Even if it should or shouldn't happen we all know it won't happen though. Transferring outfits between your own characters already doesn't look like it'll ever happen, much less making them tradeable. Though, it'd be a great idea if it was only for outfits obtainable in-game. They aren't going to lose anything if they make Jiangshi Raiment tradeable

@Silmaria yeah I know, a lot of things they're doing worry me and you're most likely right, but there are other things to consider. This initial greed may also be because of how new it is. Not because people are willing to pay for things this much, but because they actually do need the funds. I mean, it was much more crowded than anticipated, forcing them to open up new servers to combat that issue. When you think about it logically, you have a more valid viewpoint, but I don't want to completely disregard the alternative. I like this game, and I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong with what I feel like is going to happen

1 hour ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

I'm not nearly experienced, not intelligent enough to refute that, nor logically back up my original point. Even if it should or shouldn't happen we all know it won't happen though. Transferring outfits between your own characters already doesn't look like it'll ever happen, much less making them tradeable. Though, it'd be a great idea if it was only for outfits obtainable in-game. They aren't going to lose anything if they make Jiangshi Raiment tradeable

Its true. Sadly, Ive been willing to buy outfits for characters I dont even use(I play Lyn male, but I think the outfits look better on Jin males) but, without them being account tradeable, Ive yet to spend a dime on cosmetics.   I highly doubt there will be any sort of cashshop trading at this point. Seems like they are sticking to it for better or, most likely, worse.
I would really like ingame outfits to be tradeable as well. I know people are going to complain "Oh, they didnt work for the outfit" or some nonsense like that, but, if you obtain the outfit more than once, and want to give it to a friend, or sell it because it isnt your style, it would  make grinding the same places a little easier if you feel like theres a nice reward at the end.

Archived