Forums

Stop it - Stop it - STOP IT!

sleyes

1 hour ago, Redmonster said:

I don't agree at all. A hell of a lot of people play this as their "MMO" and not as a PvP platform. A lot of people on the forums seem upset that they're forced to play the PvP aspects at all. And this game is a lot more complicated and a lot less intuitive than most of the MMOs I've played where it's just generic "grind quests where you help a farmer kill the rabbits in the field until you're max lvl and assign your lvl up points into strength or magic or def and win"

Then you have not played many real MMOs. This is barely...and I mean BARELY an mmo. No immersion, PvP/fighting/eSport game dressed up like a real MMORPG. BnS *is* fun, but it is fun for what it is, a great lobby/fighting game.

2 hours ago, Cyradus said:

Then you have not played many real MMOs. This is barely...and I mean BARELY an mmo. No immersion, PvP/fighting/eSport game dressed up like a real MMORPG. BnS *is* fun, but it is fun for what it is, a great lobby/fighting game.

Lol okay well if you're going to start pulling terms like "real MMOs" at me then I guess this is not going anywhere. Can't match your wisdom at whether or not this is an MMO

8 hours ago, Cyradus said:

No, it doesn't. I could be the nicest person in the world. I could then log into a forum, under a fake internet handle, and be the biggest dick in the forum. That does NOT reflect on me as a person, because you do not KNOW me as a person. If you can't see this point, then it is pointless to debate it with you. The internet is not an echo chamber. You will get different views on topics here. :)

Also, you contradict yourself when you say that online and offline you are the same person/pretend you are a chick when you are really a guy to get gold analogy. Sorry.

I don't agree, if you're a jerk online and nice offline, what it tells me is that you allow yourself to be a jerk only when you're note afraid of retaliation, meaning that you are actually a jerk, nothing shows the true character of a person as the ability to be safe from any real consequence; it doesn't mean that aspect completely defines you, that there is nothing else to you, but it is still part of who you are, otherwise why would you even act that way?

It's really a sad thing. Everyone knows that you don't argue with people online, because it doesn't get you anywhere. We are all still people though, whether we speak with keys or with our voices. All the OP really wants is for people to chill out and try to be a bit more lax on the negativity. But there are all kinds of extremes, and anonymity and no real accountability bring out the absolute worst in people.  Although most may disagree, I fully support people willing to stand and ask that we be a little bit kinder. The brutes will be brutes, but there are always people on the fence swayed by the right gesture, the right combination of words, or the right moment. You certainly won't find that by saying nothing.

16 hours ago, sleyes said:

I've been playing MMOs for years.

What MMOs have you been playing? This is quite civilized here. People ask questions and get real answers. I bet you've also seen a forum where newcomers ask questions and the first 10 answers range from "Fite me irl" over "42" to "Mankriks' wife is in Stormwind".

The NCsoft bashing/"I quite because"-threads are somehow constructive and the forum bans even seem quite low.

It's peaceful here.

8 hours ago, Dowra said:

People trollin', people whinin'
Players banned can you hear them cryin'?
Can you practice what you preach?
And would you turn the other cheek?

GMs, GMs, GMs help us
Send us some updates from above
The fourms got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love?

Dat flow! O.o

Archived