Pale Stalker censored?

Equilibria

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://mmos.com/news/fans-highlight-blade-soul-localization-and-censorship-changes

Same thing happened to many other games when they were published in the west Tera, Archeage, Neverwinter and alot more some have said its something to do with age ratings which if this is the case its just shows how stupid the laws and age ratings concerning online games are considering ALL the games contain quite obvious gambling although it is 'hidden' behind RNG box's 

On February 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Hime said:

Thank you everyone for bringing this to our attention. The version of the Pale Stalker Raiment that is in-game is a variant design. We’re working on adding the original costume and more details on that will be available later.

It's posts like these that make me want to buy more NCCoin.  I highly respect the fact that the company browses the forums and acknowledges these things. This response alone just gave me a boost of confidence in any future discrepancies that may surface that NCSoft is on top of things and they are staying true to their word.  Rest assured my wallet will say thank you on my behalf.

In addition, this may explain a few things. Notice how after the RNG boxes we got a package in lieu of an RNG box and then a straight sale costume. I actually encourage people with monetary means to do so, to purchase these items. Why? Because the minoruty of us, who vote with our wallets, can influence NCSofts decision on what comes next. If we don't want RNG boxes, buy non-RNG; the sales will speak for themselves.  But I digress.

On 2/13/2016 at 6:16 PM, Hime said:

Thank you everyone for bringing this to our attention. The version of the Pale Stalker Raiment that is in-game is a variant design. We’re working on adding the original costume and more details on that will be available later.

It is nice to see this response.

As for all the other responses, I can sum up my position simply:

I like the original version best. I like the original artist's work better. And I vote with my wallet. I don't even need to know if the 'new' version is a ... variant ... of another existing version or not. I'm a new player, I came in the day before launch to this world. I don't know about CN or TW or Korean variants and how they might be different. Censorship does bother me in any form and as an adult gamer I find it ridiculous, but ... vote with my funds.

I don't like the cover-up versions, and think it's silly. If people like them, they can buy them. I don't, won't. That simple. I prefer aesthetically pleasing costumes. If that equates to a lot of skin showing, so be it. It doesn't always. I *do* want very naughty costumes for each of my characters, but I also want costumes for other moods that suit their character. If I can't find what suits that character's whims, again, if I'm not beating a dead horse yet, *whack*... I won't buy it.

But yeah, censorship of art is pretty stupid, in my own opinion, which I don't care if anyone agrees with or ... not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't have a problem with it other than they made it look worse. Way worse. Do they want people to start playing TW servers? Because this, along with the tremendous amount of support for botters and hackers(Not banning them constantly is supporting them), is how you get players to drop their accounts here and go play TW servers.

Nb4: "You can't do that"

Its not rocket science. There's Lotsa articles all over the net on how to.

So glad I never paid for premium.

They censored it because they know how sensitive people are in the west. lol

Just look at what they did to a pose on an Overwatch character because someone complained it was too sexy for a game that children play, yet apparently you have to be mature to play Blade and Soul - so why would they censor outfits in case kids play? if they're promoting a required age? baffles me. 

• 6 months later...
On 12.2.2016 at 3:16 AM, Hime said:

More details on that will be available later.

8 minutes ago, Chronolixius said:

Just wanted a respond from the staff.

If they say something like : More details on that will be available later.

They will most likely never talk about this ever again.

They never did in the past, and didn't  8 month later.

9 minutes ago, FlockUndead said:

If they say something like : More details on that will be available later.

They will most likely never talk about this ever again.

They never did in the past, and didn't  8 month later.

lets be honest, this is such a non-issue. and the version of the outfit available now is much nicer, looks like a designer outfit not some cheap rag with holes.

6 minutes ago, Nattia said:

lets be honest, this is such a non-issue. and the version of the outfit available now is much nicer, looks like a designer outfit not some cheap rag with holes.

i agree with you, but i can only judge what i've seen in the past, they never talked about a topic again if the wrote something like that.

1 hour ago, LilMsQT said:

Does this even drop from Musin Tower 4th Floor? Not sure if they've taken it out all together, censored or not, bc I have yet to see it at all. Maybe they yanked it out till they fix it to the original version? 

RNG honey RNG, i've thrown that outfit into the trashbin a dozen times but have yet to see the charm drop.

1 hour ago, Cor said:

RNG honey RNG, i've thrown that outfit into the trashbin a dozen times but have yet to see the charm drop.

Have you seen the hat drop recently? I've definitely killed this boss well over 100 times now and have all the other accessories except the hat.

• 2 months later...

Any news on that? This outfit (the original one) would be my favourite.

I think most of us play BnS because of it's appearence. This game is beautiful, why make it ugly? People want to play beautiful games.

By the way, isn't Profane Jiangshi heavily shitted on too? Isn't it suppose to look like this:

a4fff57512.png

2368136b54.png

Archived