Pale Stalker censored?

Equilibria

14 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Good job not reading. And oh boy it added some lines but still shows off plenty. Really, keep digging.

I've seen the original work, but I also know how the ratings board works in various countries. Get use to it.

Exactly, this is why packs of uncencored items exist. People like this localization team do not belong to this industry, just like enemies of utmost free expression like you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hecades said:

So, we have a costume for Lyn females where it's in a white shirt + panties...
And they're adding some LQ crap to gon, jin and yun because lingerie on adult women is eww?

Especially NA, where pron is a business worth over $10 billion.

Muricans and logic. :v

Welcome to the inconsistency of rating boards, that like it or not, game companies have to comply with in those regions. Considering the ESRB will give a Teen rating to a game with blood and gore and swear words, but slap an M rating on a game that just happens to have a boob window on a female character should tell you all you need ot know about their inconsistencies.

And this swings both ways. Considering in China, WoW had to have all skeletons removed in 2007 to comply with their rating system should tell you it's not just local.

Just now, TheRealElvis said:

Exactly, this is why packs of uncencored items exist. People like this localization team do not belong to this industry, just like enemies of utmost free expression like you.

Wow, you are ignorant. Enemies of free expression? That has to be the worst attempt at trying to act superior that I've ever heard, and not only demonstrates a lack of understanding, but shows your utter ignorance on an epic scale. The localization team has nothing to do with what the ESRB decides. Now please, stfu before you continue to embarrass yourself and demonstrate you know nothing of what freedom of expression really means. 

1 minute ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Wow, you are ignorant. Enemies of free expression? That has to be the worst attempt at trying to act superior that I've ever heard, and not only demonstrates a lack of understanding, but shows your utter ignorance on an epic scale. The localization team has nothing to do with what the ESRB decides. Now please, stfu before you continue to embarrass yourself and demonstrate you know nothing of what freedom of expression really means. 

But "games" like Depression Quest and Gome Home get a free reign despite making a big joke out of a serious mental condition and outcasting which affect millions worldwide? Right, double-standards are the grooviest standards, no?

"It's just fine to rip a spine out of a living human, lacerate its organs and *cricket* on the open wounds all while waiting it to bleed. But please young miss for the love of god don't let that nipple slip!"

1.  They didn't say "we're going to leave it as uncensored as we can while maintaining an "M" rating".  They said they aren't going to censor it.  This game ain't sold in stores, or on PSN or XBox Gold.  If they lose the M rating, and goes full on AO, who cares?  You're supposed to be 18+ anyways.

2.  Pretty sure they could be Nude, and keep an M rating.  So it seems even if they did decide to censor it for ESRB reasons, they shouldn't have needed to.

1 minute ago, Prototypemind said:

Odds are that they didn't lie. Odds are that they're doing a bad job of sorting what code they're getting from where for their resources.

That'd be my guess, too.  And hopefully it's corrected.

• NCSOFT

Thank you everyone for bringing this to our attention. The version of the Pale Stalker Raiment that is in-game is a variant design. We’re working on adding the original costume and more details on that will be available later.

15 minutes ago, Sife said:

I Don't get the fuzz honestly, It looks fine anyway, even if it's alittle less skin or more, their both good. 

The point is that it shows less skin which makes it seem like they censored costumes when they said multiple times that they would not.

Frankly speaking I think it looks better/makes more visual sense. In the first one there's a bunch of random spots that look like the developers got lazy and decided to just forgo finishing the costume for an unknown reason, whereas in the second (Censored my ass, this is still a super impractical overtly sexualized costume) version they literally just finished the pattern and continued it along the contours that it looked like it should have been on in the first place.

The game should stay as much as possibly as it was originally meant to be. Every change, especially regarding artstyle, story and gameatmosphere due to "localization" are not the right way. Most people who are waiting for "foreign" games want it to play them as original as possible. There were some chinese versions that acctually looked a bit better after censoring - but it is not was it meant to be in the first place and should be a "no go"

And if a company promises something, they should stand for it. People remember businesspartners that break their promises for a very long time...

Even though - i'm happy we got an answer that quick and hope that this case will be settled soon.

i have seen tons of these posts and loads of comparison pictures. when i come across one, i always alt tab in game to check what my client shows and ALWAYS i see the uncensored version. I really have 0 idea you guys are talking about. There seems to be nothing censored for me lol

I honestly don't see what the big problem is...

One costume where the legs are overdesigned a little to prevent seeing more skin and people are going to sh*t about it while the masses of other costumes that are showing some serious booty and tiddies remain pretty much the same...

ONE COSTUME makes everyone go apesh*t... just wow

I think the "Censored" one looks better as well.

To be honest, I wish we had both the censored and uncensored versions of costumes in game, then you could choose whether or not you'd like to cover up more. I'd have a female character if it weren't for the fact that I think most of the costumes for women in this game are really ugly and lacking in grace (No I'm not against showing skin, I just think the designs on many outfits could be better or just plain look stupid)

That being said...many of the alterations on the chinese costumes is -very- lazy looking, as if someone took a paint bucket and filled in all the spots that show skin, so they look equally bad.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:33 PM, TheRealElvis said:

But "games" like Depression Quest and Gome Home get a free reign despite making a big joke out of a serious mental condition and outcasting which affect millions worldwide?

Sorry a bit off-topic, but I thought Depression Quest was meant to raise awareness of a serious mental illness, not make fun? o_o Either way, I understand the point you're making.

18 minutes ago, senpaisan said:

Sorry a bit off-topic, but I thought Depression Quest was meant to raise awareness of a serious mental illness, not make fun? o_o Either way, I understand the point you're making.

Simplifying the problem, fixating all of the illness to a faulted and fixed perspective without understanding even a quarter of the causes what drives to the illness. Yeah no, it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest joke, ever pulled on mocking millions of people with a serious condition worldwide.

Archived