Why im gonna switch to BlackDesertOnline!

AfroSamuraiGoneWrong

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, equinukes said:

BDO is rly rly rly bad game, no content, retardet pvp system its just flashy disco whithout CC, no timing no nothing.AND remember this ITS TEN TIMES MORE GRINDY THAN BNS.I played 2 months in Russian servers so i know what im saying ...

i'd rather grind monsters ( which can be diverse, cause u dont always farm the same spot and same enemies , and maybe rare mobs ) and feels more rewarding and fun, then doing the same 40 dailies every day >__________>

24 minutes ago, equinukes said:

BDO is rly rly rly bad game, no content, retardet pvp system its just flashy disco whithout CC, no timing no nothing.AND remember this ITS TEN TIMES MORE GRINDY THAN BNS.I played 2 months in Russian servers so i know what im saying ...

Made by the same people that made Archeage... SOOOOOO if you like AA you'll like that I guess

Why you're going to have a REALLY bad time in Black Desert Online:

2 hours ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:
  1. -pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.
  2. -open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion
  3. -tag team isnt balanced like 1v1, at least i heard that, also because of summoner and the community itself i dont feel like playing it.
  4. -feedback from surveys doesnt seem to be taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)
  5. -europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

1: PvE in BDO is super grindy, once you get to level 16 your next quest is at level 20, have fun grinding 6 hours of mobs to reach 20, maybe.

1: OWPvP is blatantly apparent in BDO, and even worse than in BnS because you cannot turn it off, enjoy your ganks and griefing!

3: Ok I agree with you here, Summoners and Destroyers don't get hurt like the other classes from not having the 45-50 content, as their big dps skills come earlier in their trees.

4: Feedback from Beta players in BDO is generally: "sucks to be you." literally received a response from an inquiry about latency problems that stated "if better internet options aren't available in your area, try using third party internet boosters, or consider reloacation." they don't give a shit about their community.

5: Maintenance in BDO is a joke, all around, they don't fix a *cricket* thing and have no intention to. They're praying the game is carried by PvP.

But by all means, have fun!

1 hour ago, AttacKat said:

If you do leave, please stay gone and hope you like grind grind grind. 

that's always very funny to read that, when speaking about BDO

Because, what the F are you doing in BnS everyday ? Like ? Dont you run the same stuff over and over and over again for mat / gold for you gear.

10 minutes ago, Evergrace said:

Why you're going to have a REALLY bad time in Black Desert Online:

1: PvE in BDO is super grindy, once you get to level 16 your next quest is at level 20, have fun grinding 6 hours of mobs to reach 20, maybe.

1: OWPvP is blatantly apparent in BDO, and even worse than in BnS because you cannot turn it off, enjoy your ganks and griefing!

3: Ok I agree with you here, Summoners and Destroyers don't get hurt like the other classes from not having the 45-50 content, as their big dps skills come earlier in their trees.

4: Feedback from Beta players in BDO is generally: "sucks to be you." literally received a response from an inquiry about latency problems that stated "if better internet options aren't available in your area, try using third party internet boosters, or consider reloacation." they don't give a shit about their community.

5: Maintenance in BDO is a joke, all around, they don't fix a *cricket* thing and have no intention to. They're praying the game is carried by PvP.

But by all means, have fun!

1- tried a bit the OB on the RU version and i lvled to lvl 20 only with quest. No idea what you are talking about.

2- Yeah the OWpvp isnt that great for now because of rules ( and i agree what would be still better to be able to turn that off ) but so far i read on the west forum, they are going to improove that.

4- Beta in mmo generaly mean they testing their server.

5- yep so much better in BnS :D *irony inside*

Also, the BDO is still very young tho... BnS is out since more than 4years. So spit on in because you prefer BnS isnt that honest.

I mean, dont get me wrong, i'am neither a BnS or BDO fanboy. BnS have as much excellent thing as terribad stuff.

1 hour ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

lag is always lag = network, there is no fps lag, its called stuttering.... ffs... get it right

then it just means that your pc is utter trash.

have a gtx970, could play on russian beta with no problems and +60fps

i dont care if there is a cashshop and i can sell stuff, my point is that people that dont spend money can get gold easily themselves without having to rely on dailies.

Don't care how you call it.   gtx970 same here....the game ran great but the fps LAG happens in mass pvp and in populated cities.

Either way you will play and see it for yourself. I thinks its stupid to call one game better than another one based on naive hype.

O well, everyone learns eventually. Bye!

pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.

Welcome to like 99999% of all MMO's out there..in fact welcome to all different TYPES of games

if you think  BDO is going to be any better LMFAO You're so wrong XD its nothing really but pretty graphics ... lol 

open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion

Don't need to buy jack shit to be good or sell things, its INSANELY easy to make the cash you need and get the items to be good at PVE lol......

eedback from surveys doesnt seem to be taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)

That is what the korean devs gave us as that is what they're also working on (things will be updated and nerfed as we go along (over the next few years) likely. so breath in, breath out. 

europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

It is an american company, I am sure people all over are affected by the times etc.. You guys aren't the only area. (just letting you know) they're also looking at a way to make it so that EU will be on a different time frame (said in their last twitch stream) 

ormally grinding monsters would mean = GOLD or at least useful items, not in this case, everything is worth 1-20 coppers , which is like a fart in the wind, and nothing useful drops that i could use directly for upgrading basically, crafting was good at start, now it is just total waste of time, the good stuff drops through these secret recipes that drop rarely in dungeons and u get outbid on it anyways. most stuff costs more to produce than it sells for.

That is why you do Dailies you don't need shit tons of cash anyway at lower lvls you more so need it at the higher lvls. 

5 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

that's always very funny to read that, when speaking about BDO

Because, what the F are you doing in BnS everyday ? Like ? Dont you run the same stuff over and over and over again for mat / gold for you gear.

1- tried a bit the OB on the RU version and i lvled to lvl 20 only with quest. No idea what you are talking about.

2- Yeah the OWpvp isnt that great for now because of rules, but so far i read on the west forum, they are going to improove that.

4- Beta in mmo generaly mean they testing their server.

5- yep so much better in BnS :D *irony inside*

Played the CBT on NA, it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, they've removed a TON of content from the overseas versions. And no, they're not fixing OWPvP, they've said since the beginning that it's going to be a big part of the game to compete with Camelot Unchained.

Not understanding the hype for Black Desert. I've played it and yes, the game is BEAUTIFUL. For an mmo, it's just amazing verging on breath taking. The lights, the shadows, the world is just so aesthetically pleasing. And character creation allows such a vast world of possibilities. With enough time and creativity put into it, you really can make a truly unique looking character.

Nevertheless, that is all the game has going for it. It doesn't really have an endgame. It's sort of your traditional Korean/Asian MMO with tons of grinding. It's just not something I see working out in the Western world of gaming. Not to say the West likes an, "easy game with quick results", but story and content is more favored over endless RNG and hours of thrashing mobs. BDO might be the perfect game for OP who's stated he's spent almost 10 hours a day on Blade and Soul since it's release.

So yeah, though none of your points make sense OP, since most of them either aren't true, or making false comparisons, I hope BDO really is tailored to your tastes. I would hope to play the game once they find their rhythm/niche. But as of right now, it's just a beautiful world with a hollow existence.

7 minutes ago, Evergrace said:

Played the CBT on NA, it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, they've removed a TON of content from the overseas versions. And no, they're not fixing OWPvP, they've said since the beginning that it's going to be a big part of the game to compete with Camelot Unchained.

that would be very surprising they would remove content from kr version since its the same publisher.  Doesnt even make sense to do that xD

My guess is : Alpha / early CBT, so no all content.

They are not fixing owpvp ? Oh yeah ? That's why there is quite a lot of thread about that managed by dev team to change somes rules ?

Alright bro.

After, its the BnS forum, i dont really except ppl to be fair about BDO, like ppl "strangely" tend to directly forget ALL BnS terribad side ( and many time i see ppl reproaching to BDO what BnS do too.. that's... very ironic if you ask me xD )

I'm so sad to tell all you guys this; you are wrong in so many levels. 

First of all, BDO is a hack'n'slash game, meaning you don't need timing for specific situations where  you have to use X skill - where you have to do in Blade And Soul. BDO is also a very user-friendly game, casual as you can say like Guild Wars 2 with no progression. You can stay hyped all you want, but don't make a fool out of yourself. "Endgame?" What is endgame for you guys? Endgame isn't defined by what the game has to offer, but what your definition is. As said, when it's a casual user-friendly game, you have little to no progression in "endgame". There are no dungeons/raids to do, it's an open-world sandbox game, no instances, no portals. And also upgrading in BDO is like the old typical p2w games where you have to buy protection for each enhancement above X grade, to not break it. 

By all means OP, if you think BDO is going to be good - then go try Guild Wars 2, they're similar in so many ways. However, Blade & Soul is nowhere close to bad, it's just different than your typical MMORPGS in terms of upgrading and farming. In this game, you have dailies and instances/dungeons, not to mention the hardcore pvp farm (Zen beans).

Go read THIS before you make a fool out of yourself. 

Why come here and tell everyone you want us to to console you? Or convince you to stay?

Do you want to shepard players who feel like your or something because im quite certain most players who don't like the game just leave quietly.

Anyhow bye.

19 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

It doesn't really have an endgame

Lol ? once again, do BnS have "endgame" except mat / gear / gold / dailies farm ?

Its hard to be more dishonest / blind than many poster here lol.

I will add, MANY ppl judge BDO from the Kr version which is a p2w version, exactly like oversea BnS so like BnS. And so far BDO west will NOT be p2w.

15 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

Lol ? once again, do BnS have "endgame" except mat / gear / gold / dailies farm ?

I will add, MANY ppl judge BDO from the Kr version which is a p2w version, exactly like oversea BnS so like BnS. And so far BDO west will NOT be p2w.

What is your defintion of "endgame"?  The fact that you're judging BNS WEST when we don't even have the content out yet, like in other versions of BnS is plain stupid. BDO failed in Asia and it will fail here too. 

So funny how OP thinks BDO has more PvE content than B&S. BDO is the definition of p2w in Open World PvP, no skill based at all. Not to mention no dungeons, raids and shit at all in BDO.

Don't even get me started on the Cash Shop lmao. You think RNG boxes are bad? You can pay money for the best mount in the game in the NA version of BDO.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Good riddance, you will probably quit BDO in a week.

7 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

Yes it does. It may be a grind, but not as grindy as Black Desert and offers more options. Work on your gear, farm some mats, yes do dailies, it is the smart thing to do in any game. Especially this one where gold is of such a high value. There are a vast array of dungeons, challenge yourself on Mushin Tower, beat all the floors. 24 man raids. Remember, we're still behind 2 classes, a whole other zone, and if you keep track of the Korean Developer's announcement, you'd know we're getting more story this year, more dungeons, more raids, and a possible 10th class at the end. The PVP in this game is great because it's so well rounded and almost truly balanced thanks to a fluid talent system that allows for adaptability to almost any opponent and situation. The clear gear progression path. You may not like all this, but this is traditional of most mmo's. Blade and Soul isn't the only game to do dailies. To offer gold and material farming along with gear. Those are the rewards from endgame. Those are the results of the work you put in.

I'm not seeking to simplify a game to get a point across for the "lawls". When I said that Black Desert barely has any endgame, than I guess I should have further stated that I meant it in the traditional sense. Black Desert is an open world sandbox game. It's meant to be a fully immersive world where you don't have to stick to the same script as other mmo's. You can explore a large and beautiful world and attempt to do almost anything. It allows crafting, housing, trading, cooking, fishing, whale hunting, sailing, a limited number of world bosses (I believe it was 3 or 4?), and economy mechanics. But outside of that, the game falls short a bit.

I really really hope the game evolves some. I really do.

honestly, i play games for the aesthetic and customization options. BnS does a great job with that, but like you said, the experience is so-so. BDO just looks like it'll have EVERYTHING i look for in a game...

Archived