Moonwater Transmutaion Stone situation

ysbag

7 hours ago, AttacKat said:

1. Poh 24 + 6 and BSH 24 + 6 nets you easy 7-8G/day > 1 MTS from market.

2. PvP dailies + dungeon = 17 soulstones / day. (EDIT: you can use them or sell them for another 3G+ / day)

Still cannot afford to upgrade?? Repeart 1+2 for a week.

If you still have issues, then you shouldn't be playing. After all, this is a MMO and you aren't suppose to complete the WHOLE game and get everything done in a week.

But you aren't solo'g those dailies, nor are you the only person in the game that cannot afford the upgrades as a L40. So just hit L45 and start making the money for upgrades.

To be fair, the way u are describing is the way to do it... BUT! This would mean that it literally take about 2+ months just to get your items to Siren upgrade. Then u need another 2-3 months of gold farming EVERY DAY to get the next stage of transformation. It's kinda insane IMO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I mean. The pacing just doesn't make sense.

If I look at the weapon stats and it says it requires lv 36 to be able to equip and the upgrade target is lv 42 then I highly assume that the material to upgrade this weapon can be obtained in the same level range (+/- 1) and that simply not then case and that sucks.

You hit a brick wall you can do absolutely nothing about, as a new player.

9 hours ago, Yui said:

I can only comment on my servers rates, atm on Poharan our moonwater transformation stones go at 4g a piece. Just doing Poh 24 man and BSH 24 man will net you the gold to buy one, Doing dailies you can get well over enough to buy the moonwater transformation stones you need to advance the weapon

Just to provide you some input. The AH servers are all tied together by region. Similar to the servers for cross dungeon and arena. :)

My server has it at 5.60 gold. Now i finally have enough to upgrade my weapon to siren. Then i'll need a whole week of daily farming for each piece of jewerly so let's say about a month. And then then it will take 2 months before everthing is upgraded again.. maybe more.

5 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

In total to get your weapon to true pirate is roughly 31 moonwater transformation stones. 31, at 4g a piece. 124g. Then you move on to accessories... these, just for the first evolve takes 5 moonwater trans then I believe 7 for the next one. 

Yeah, that's end game turth for you, surely leveling characters can afforf these prices. /s

37 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

My server has it at 5.60 gold. Now i finally have enough to upgrade my weapon to siren. Then i'll need a whole week of daily farming for each piece of jewerly so let's say about a month. And then then it will take 2 months before everthing is upgraded again.. maybe more.

Well, the good news is, because it's evolution based whatever you've done for your equip your effort are not wasted. In other games it's often that after a new content update your Best in Stat equipment are suddenly reduced to be a second grade equip which pretty much worthless. 

Awakened Inferal  to True Infernal: 1 Moonwater TS
Ture Infernal to Awakened Profane :1 Moonwater TS
Awakened Profane to True Profane: 4 Moonwater TS
True Profane to Awakened Siren: 7 Moonwater TS.

Awakened Siren to True Siren: 7 Moonwater TS
True Siren to Awakened Pirate: 7 Moonwater TS

Awakened Pirate to True Pirate: 10 Moonwater TS

So in total you need 37 moonwater TS just for the weapon.  Sorry, couldn't remember the exact number in my first post.

4 hours ago, DeadZeus said:

To be fair, the way u are describing is the way to do it... BUT! This would mean that it literally take about 2+ months just to get your items to Siren upgrade. Then u need another 2-3 months of gold farming EVERY DAY to get the next stage of transformation. It's kinda insane IMO

You don't really 2-3 months. Think about it ...

Siren:

MTS = 4 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 19

soulstones = 70 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 220

Lets say MTS at 5G, and soulstone at 30S. On a daily basis, you should be able to at least purchase 1 MTS and 10 soulstones with 8G. If you PvP farm the soulstones, which is 17/day, you can purchase 8 MTS per 5 days and farm 85 soulstones. So we are looking at 3 wks,  2+ wks for mats and <1 week to get the gold for upgrade.

Once again, being this is a MMO, 3 weeks is considered a short time when you have people playing this game for mos/years. 

EDIT: FYI - Hopefully within 2 months, we will get the expected new content, region, L50 cap, and WL class. With the new region, you can easily farm 20-40 soulstones per hour (100+ is possible). This will only reduce the cost for upgrade, as well as reduce the farming time.

21 hours ago, AttacKat said:

You don't really 2-3 months. Think about it ...

Siren:

MTS = 4 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 19

soulstones = 70 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 220

Lets say MTS at 5G, and soulstone at 30S. On a daily basis, you should be able to at least purchase 1 MTS and 10 soulstones with 8G. If you PvP farm the soulstones, which is 17/day, you can purchase 8 MTS per 5 days and farm 85 soulstones. So we are looking at 3 wks,  2+ wks for mats and <1 week to get the gold for upgrade.

Once again, being this is a MMO, 3 weeks is considered a short time when you have people playing this game for mos/years. 

EDIT: FYI - Hopefully within 2 months, we will get the expected new content, region, L50 cap, and WL class. With the new region, you can easily farm 20-40 soulstones per hour (100+ is possible). This will only reduce the cost for upgrade, as well as reduce the farming time.

There is no way in hell i can get 8 MTS per 5 days.. by doing the dailies... Also u are forgetting the 12 gold free for the upgrade.

There is no way i can do 1 siren upgrade per week like u say. Dno what i'm doing wrong because i'm doing all major dailies everyday. and there is no way i can upgrade a siren piece every week.

And even in the way u describe it. It takes atleast 2 months of daily farming to get your jewelry to pirate.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:25 AM, ysbag said:

The Hongmoon Weapon upgrade pacing totally stupid from the point on when you need a Moonwater Transmutation Stone to progress.

The first time you need one is even for a weapon that is pre lv 40, which is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of new players can't afford to buy these stones on the AH, maybe 1 stone but you need several, when you need one the first time. And you need mats/recipes from MAX lv content to craft one, and that is for a weapon upgrade that below lv 40. The design behind that is just lots of bull.

Imo the stones should first be needed on a 45 lv weapon because that's when you really can craft these stones. Needing to be MAX level to upgrade weapons from lv 40+ is really dumb.

Orignal version needed to upgrade inferno....

The first weapon that needs Moonwater transformation stone is a weapon that drop in Moonwater map so logically speaking you do need a Stone to upgrade.

It took about 8 days for me to make 10 Stones so I dont see whats so hard about that.

Its a MMO not a Single player Console game, theres no point to rush your equipment.

This game is not your WoW system where you need better equipment to win. Theres people who beaten Pohran 4-man with inferno weapon.

Considering the game's upgrades weapon is basically all your objective, if they made it so easy the game would have been done. We had people who finished upgrading the Awaken pirate yesterday and its been less than a month in total. They pretty much dried the game out and stop playing because they have no objectives left.

52 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

There is no way in hell i can get 8 MTS per 5 days.. by doing the dailies... Also u are forgetting the 12 gold free for the upgrade.

There is no way i can do 1 siren upgrade per week like u say. Dno what i'm doing wrong because i'm doing all major dailies everyday. and there is no way i can upgrade a siren piece every week.

Daily = Poh 24 + 6, BSH 24 + 6.

50 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

And that is NOT 8 gold...

You can make 13-14g now from dailies. Just because you don't want to put in the effort to grind doesn't make it unfair. 

E.fleet and NSH = 8.7g

Mushins = 2.9g

Misty Woods = 1.6g 

5 dailies remaining, use them on PVP arena dailies to get 1kzen Beans and 66s.

19 soulstones @ 30s = 6g

Might I suggest also investing in the merry potters. Farm a recipe or buy one. Spend a week farming your own soulstones while doing dailies and bid on moonwater tears. You can craft your own stones and have plenty of gold from your week long daily grind. With that process you come out with 91g for the week (excluding recipe expense) and 10 moonwater stones (assuming you used all your farmed soulstones solely). 

This is really a non issue considering as soon as you hit 45 you can make 15+ gold a day with very little effort even with the price right now set at near 6 gold that is really nothing.. Considering you won't be leveling your weapon up crazy fast, by the time you need more of them you should now be at like 80 gold ect.ect. Then by then you are smart enough to know how to make more money using the market and what not. I started out only making 6-7 gold a day now I make about 60 gold a day and have over 800 currently and i'm still rocking a true profane 10 lol. I only play 3-4 hours a day too. (Do daily's to earn a respectable start up cost then play the market...every person who is rich in this game (not counting bots) play the market. 

On 2/12/2016 at 5:59 AM, WaitingGame2016 said:

Right there with ya bud, honestly the most idiotic system i have ever dealt with in an mmo when it comes to upgrading a weapon.

Personally the most idiotic system I have dealt with in an MMO when upgrading a weapon is needing to be in a giant raid guild, showing up to raids religiously 2-3x a week then spending 4-6 hours in said raid, then dealing with DKP waiting 10+ runs for your weapon to drop then losing it due to someone else having more DKP etc.  

This game has one of the -easiest- progression systems I have seen in a long while.  You can make 10-15 gold PER DAY just running dailies at 45.  That is 2+ transmutation stones per day.  Seriously stop crying and just run some dailies, you would have your stone already.

If you are below 45, guess what, you can get to 45 using lv20 gear, its really not a big deal. Don't worry about upgrading til you reach cap and problem solved.  it's not like you don't gain 5+ levels a day just questing anyways, no need to rush your "uber" upgrade at lv40 when you hit 45 the next day and can  earn it in 45 minutes.

Archived