Moonwater Transmutaion Stone situation

ysbag

The Hongmoon Weapon upgrade pacing totally stupid from the point on when you need a Moonwater Transmutation Stone to progress.

The first time you need one is even for a weapon that is pre lv 40, which is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of new players can't afford to buy these stones on the AH, maybe 1 stone but you need several, when you need one the first time. And you need mats/recipes from MAX lv content to craft one, and that is for a weapon upgrade that below lv 40. The design behind that is just lots of bull.

Imo the stones should first be needed on a 45 lv weapon because that's when you really can craft these stones. Needing to be MAX level to upgrade weapons from lv 40+ is really dumb.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only comment on my servers rates, atm on Poharan our moonwater transformation stones go at 4g a piece. Just doing Poh 24 man and BSH 24 man will net you the gold to buy one, Doing dailies you can get well over enough to buy the moonwater transformation stones you need to advance the weapon

I'm not complaining, having played the russian private server before where upgrading your weapons was 20x harder as you also had to lvl the offering weapon to max in order to sacrifice it. On top of that making gold is really easy on this server so you can easily afford stones at lvl 40+. 

People telling to do dailies AT MAX LEVEL and don't complain about prices didn't read properly or are just ignorant.

I am 45 and am doing said dailies and am bying the stones from that BUT that doesn't help the problem I described.

You still need to be lv 45 to upgrade your weapon which is meant for level 40+, which is just bad design. Doing high end content to get/upgrade equipment from already done content is not a good example of progress in a MMO. lol

Of course NCsoft maybe wants people to buy the RNG boxes in the store and get the stones from there but that's also stupid.

People mix up grinding and farming with bad game design.

2 minutes ago, ysbag said:

People telling to do dailies AT MAX LEVEL and don't complain about prices didn't read properly or are just ignorant.

I am 45 and am doing said dailies and am bying the stones from that BUT that doesn't help the problem I described.

You still need to be lv 45 to upgrade your weapon which is meant for level 40+, which is just bad design. Doing high end content to get/upgrade equipment from already done content is not a good example of progress in a MMO. lol

Of course NCsoft maybe wants people to buy the RNG boxes in the store and get the stones from there but that's also stupid.

People misunderstand grinding and farming which bad game design.

I think you are missunderstanding something....

ALL, literally ALL current content is doable perfectly in just Awakened Profane so you dont even ned to upgrade till level 45.

Just now, ysbag said:

You can't really look at the gearing in BnS in the same way you would other MMOs. The level requirements are lower on earlier weapons in order to allow people to overgear earlier on and level quicker. In reality take for example the first evolve that requires moonwater stones, it has more than enough attack to do most of the current 45 content. It's a 45 weapon with a level 36 requirement. When 50 cap releases anyone who isn't at true pirate is going to have to progress through the 50 cap evolve path where it goes from true profane->devil->awakened devil->ultimate devil->awakened gale->ultimate gale. I assure you most people won't be able to afford to pass devil by the time they hit 50 and you don't get a weapon with a level 50 requirement until awakened gale. It's just how the game is designed stop looking at the numbers so much and look at the actual weapons in practice. 

No, you get the entire concept wrong mate.. Just because you can equip a weapon at lvl 36 or 42 does not mean it is meant to be available for every lvl 36 or 42.. It's still an endgame weapon, if you're rich you can reach those stages earlier but it is not meant to be. This is like saying 25 att gems shouldn't be 20g+ because you can equip them at lvl 4.. 

10 minutes ago, ysbag said:

People mix up grinding and farming with bad game design.

I understand but It only takes three stones to be on the upgrade to siren weapon. It is current content, they are making you steadily climb to better and better gear, the level requirement may be before 45 but that doesn't change that due to how you progress that weapon for most people is their end game weapon.

You call this bad? I guess you haven't played Vindictus, Dragon Nest, FlyFF, Scarlet Blade, etc. I played many games where upgrading your gear can potentially break your *cricket*ing expensive weapon, but no worries, they all sell a protection item in the cash shop for rl money only, gg.

Just now, Laoshottie said:

You call this bad? I guess you haven't played Vindictus, Dragon Nest, FlyFF, Scarlet Blade, etc. I played many games where upgrading your gear can potentially break your *cricket*ing expensive weapon, but no worries, they all sell a protection item in the cash shop for rl money only, gg.

I like vindictus, It is just a pain to get everything to actually craft your gear... then to lose it to enchanting D:

That game is hard if you try to go the free route, or my "only buy the outfits I like and not spend a dime on other features" route

I get that the weapon you have when you first need a moonwater stone is enough to level to 45. I had no real problems questing and doing dungeons with it. It's still stupid.

If you are say lv 40 and until that point progressed normaly with you weapon and suddenly you need to take a brake and wait till max level untill you can do anything with your weapon again and have to hoard the weapons you get in dungeons/world bosses/etc needed for a breakthrough because you miss that one item, which requires you be max level to get, to progress, that's not good pacing for greaing.  If you didn't store the weapons you needed, you when need to go back and do past content to again while you max level too.

I played WoW since early BC and and while some stuff was maybe frustrating to grind in WoW it at least made sense. But in Blade & Soul it seems to be a mess with back and forth from lv 40 onward.

1 hour ago, ysbag said:

The Hongmoon Weapon upgrade pacing totally stupid from the point on when you need a Moonwater Transmutation Stone to progress.

The first time you need one is even for a weapon that is pre lv 40, which is ridiculous.

I have to agree here, this is wrong, requiring an end game zone/crafting material, Moonwater zone,  to upgrade what is basically a  Cinderlands grade weapon  does not make any sense at all, NCwest messed up alot of things in 'our' version most obviously were to generate more revenue for them and to create huge gold sinks for the playerbase.

2 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

I have to agree here, this is wrong, requiring an end game zone/crafting material, Moonwater zone,  to upgrade what is basically a  Cinderlands grade weapon  does not make any sense at all, NCwest messed up alot of things in 'our' version most obviously were to generate more revenue for them and to create huge gold sinks for the playerbase.

The logic behind it is simple. Are you getting a component inside moonwater? use moonwater stones, If you had a weapon sacrifice required from cinderlands you would use a cinderlands stone. It all makes sense, The issue seems to be the availability of the stones. I want you to know this isn't entirely their fault.

During the Alpha when we were leveling up and people made it to moonwater plains we had a huge vocal outcry that moonwater stones were too easy to obtain. So they listened to us and made them harder to get. I believe I remember a survey containing the first one you needed.

While I do not deny that the situation for weapon upgrading is hard, and I would not mind it being easier. There is one important thing to note here. To get to True profane, you need about, if I remember correctly, 2 moonwater transformation stones. And then 4 to get to Siren. Honestly? You can do Poh24 before awakened profane and it is not like you are doing terrible dps either. It is NOT required for YOU to even get to awakened profane, just to do Poh24. As such, one or two days of Poh 24, you could get yourself up to Awakened profane, another 1 or 2 days more, you can get to True Profane. While I admit getting to Siren is hard and to True Siren, much much harder, one must understand this game is HEAVILY reliant on being in a good clan. One where the in charges take charge of properly distributing such things fairly should they have someone making it. People have done Mushin 7 with True Profane and the likes, so I can some what understand that achieving TRUE PIRATE, which is the current end game of end games, is a rightful challenge that not everyone may be able to obtain.

To me? While it is hard, it is not ridiculous. In my Clan, I'm the only one giving out moonwater transformations in trade for some soulstones to craft them. My only concern is that it will get MUCH MUCH MUCH harder, come 50 content. If they keep things similar in pacing for 50? I'll be totally okay with this.

some of you guys are looking at this from a lvl 45 perspective. players who are barley lvl 40 do  not get the gold dailies yet. so when your sword takes 6 gold  just to upgrade from infernal it feels ridiculous when you only have 70 silver at most. which hinders your leveling when you progress to harder mobs especially classes who depend on their dps to even survive like blade dancers.

6 minutes ago, Poeticintellect said:

which hinders your leveling when you progress to harder mobs especially classes who depend on their dps to even survive like blade dancers.

My friend didn't even know he could evolve his hongmoon lvl until lvl 44 and he lvld just fine with blue quest weapons. You don't need upgraded weapons, it's just nice to have as it makes it slightly easier when you do. 

2 hours ago, ysbag said:

I'm pretty sure that 90% of new players can't afford to buy these stones on the AH, maybe 1 stone but you need several, when you need one the first time. And you need mats/recipes from MAX lv content to craft one, and that is for a weapon upgrade that below lv 40. The design behind that is just lots of bull.

1. Poh 24 + 6 and BSH 24 + 6 nets you easy 7-8G/day > 1 MTS from market.

2. PvP dailies + dungeon = 17 soulstones / day. (EDIT: you can use them or sell them for another 3G+ / day)

Still cannot afford to upgrade?? Repeart 1+2 for a week.

If you still have issues, then you shouldn't be playing. After all, this is a MMO and you aren't suppose to complete the WHOLE game and get everything done in a week.

some of you guys are looking at this from a lvl 45 perspective. players who are barley lvl 40 do  not get the gold dailies yet.

But you aren't solo'g those dailies, nor are you the only person in the game that cannot afford the upgrades as a L40. So just hit L45 and start making the money for upgrades.

While I agree with the people saying that you can get to level 45 on the infernal weapon and start slowly making the gold you need (been there, done that), I also find myself sympathising with the TO: the wall isn't an insurmountable one, but the game, imo, isn't well thought out. What happens, as far as my experience goes, is you get to do your upgrades fairly easily (unless RNGesus decides otherwise), up to a point where you get somewhat overgeared early on (not too much, you won't be doing, for example, tomb of exile immediately after golden deva, while being some 8 levels down the dungeon requirement). What happens later though is that you, quite suddenly, get stuck in front of a gold wall. From the upgrade taking almost no effort, you find yourself unable to progress any further because at that point in the game you cannot have (barred having friends or mailing gold) the resources up until you hit level 45. Well, it's not really terrible, it's an mmo, you expect the difficulty to get higher at some point. What I don't like about this is that you go suddenly from no effort to being even unable to do anything with effort because you simply cannot access the content yet, you have to wait and be patient until you level up. It would have a way better impact (always imo) if the difficulty rose more gradually, particularly in terms of gold required, and this is particularly to avoid one thing I found myself facing: when I got stuck at the first moonwater stone I slowly felt my character falling in power, having difficulty keeping up with the mobs, the random ones, not even the dungeons; now that is something I never want to feel in an rpg, the further I progress, the stronger I want to feel. After managing the upgrades this issue was settled, so the problem for me lies in a progression that rather than being smooth, just throws you from extremely easy to make yourself think "how am I gonna do this?".

Archived